Has Coleman Scott found a new job yet?

He said “a GOAT” not “the GOAT”. 

I get that a GOAT should be 1 guy by definition but that’s not how it works. The term is heavily over used and is now synonymous with an all time great. 

On 7/1/2024 at 9:43 PM, GreatDane67 said:

All we hear about on this forum is how he got screwed. How did his recruits at UNC feel when he left them to be the alleged coach in waiting at OSU?

Well they did get Rob Koll so I think those guys will be OK, but fair point

17 hours ago, jchapman said:

This really only matters if you know Coleman Scott!

This is a good point but as far as any know, at this time, my statement is still accurate.  😉

• Bob 1

21 minutes ago, AtownPoke said:

He said “a GOAT” not “the GOAT”. 

I get that a GOAT should be 1 guy by definition but that’s not how it works. The term is heavily over used and is now synonymous with an all time great. 

You seem to be confusing GOAT and ATG.  🤔

Posted (edited)

Listening to the JB interview with Coleman as well as reading a couple articles from when he first went to OSU, it sounds like he may not be a huge fan of NIL.

He also may not want to uproot his family again and it seems like his wife being from Oklahoma City may have been part of the reason for the move.

However the way he talked about his younger wrestling days I’d be surprised to see him leave the sport completely.  Sounds like his son wrestles so I could see him running a kids club or something (and maybe also working another job outside of wrestling).

Edited by 1032004

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, ionel said:

You seem to be confusing GOAT and ATG.  🤔

Lol not that it matters but no. I’m not confusing them… I’m saying that they are being used interchangeably these days.  GOAT is too over used to maintain its original intent 

Edited by AtownPoke

7 minutes ago, AtownPoke said:

Lol not that it matters but no. I’m not confusing them… I’m saying that they are being used interchangeably these days.  GOAT is too over used to maintain its original intent 

You make a good point, many seem to think:

Greatest Of All Time = best guy I've seen in last 5 years or my favorite best guy seen in last 5 years.  🙄

• Bob 1

So Coleman just picked up his family and moved to Stillwater from NC; family is there, they want to lay down roots. I assume he's financially secure from UNC and OSU, Central Oklahoma (the nearest school) already has a solid HC. Kish was recently hired at OU...maybe a 1.5-2hr drive; doubt they plug him there. My guess is he takes over a local HS program (hopefully not Stillwater HS...Ethan was his college teammate and has it down...PS...Ethan was my HS teammate, and I know how fantastic he is, so a little biased here, but I'm not wrong).

I pray Coleman doesn't hang it up at the college level.

4 hours ago, The_KC_Godfather said:

So Coleman just picked up his family and moved to Stillwater from NC; family is there, they want to lay down roots. I assume he's financially secure from UNC and OSU, Central Oklahoma (the nearest school) already has a solid HC. Kish was recently hired at OU...maybe a 1.5-2hr drive; doubt they plug him there. My guess is he takes over a local HS program (hopefully not Stillwater HS...Ethan was his college teammate and has it down...PS...Ethan was my HS teammate, and I know how fantastic he is, so a little biased here, but I'm not wrong).

I pray Coleman doesn't hang it up at the college level.

Seemed like they were happy in NC too, do we know if they sold their house?  I’m sure they had a sweet interest rate, any chance they move back?  Not sure what happened with Espo at OSU but weren’t he and Scott teammates?  Maybe there could be an opportunity at the Wolfpack RTC or something…looks like their website hasn’t been updated since 2020 (they still show Adam Hall as a coach and Gwiz. Hayden Hidlay, and Jacob Kasper as athletes).