Interesting mandate here in Florida

8 hours ago, ionel said:

We are not a democracy but a republic that uses a democratic process to elect representatives to make policy decisions.  If you don't like their decision find smart people to run and vote for them.  Also we don't even know exactly what celebrations or the percentage of folks that are for or against.  

Nice move on the goal post. I love whenever someone throws out the “we are not a democracy”. 

None of that answers my question though. 

5 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Nice move on the goal post. I love whenever someone throws out the “we are not a democracy”. 

None of that answers my question though. 

What are these celebrations, are Florida Germans not being allowed to celebrate Nazi Day? 

• Brain 1
  • Haha 1

Isn't Alaska still part of the US?  Isn't the US flag red, white and blue? The flag burns no energy so not bad for the environment?  What is going on?

Construction crews work on building a bridge at mile 43 of Denali Park Road.

The crew working on a 475-foot-long bridge in Alaska’s Denali National Park was recently told that they could no longer fly the American flag from their trucks or heavy equipment, which are being used in the $207 million Federal Highway Administration project.

https://alaskawatchman.com/2024/05/23/denali-national-park-bridge-crew-ordered-to-stop-flying-american-flags/

• Confused 1

I just heard on the radio this morning that it was the head administrator of Denali Park that made the demand.   She is a urban planner by education and work experience and recently worked for the City of Portland.   Great credential to run a national park.   But there you go.  It was her call.  

mspart

2 hours ago, mspart said:

I just heard on the radio this morning that it was the head administrator of Denali Park that made the demand.   She is a urban planner by education and work experience and recently worked for the City of Portland.   Great credential to run a national park.   But there you go.  It was her call.  

mspart

Acting on her own?  Overstepping her authority a bit?

That's why the senator wrote to the head of the parks dept to understand if this is policy of the Parks Dept.   Get this on the record.   Yeah, it was a solo act. 

mspart