Does anyone have a list of registered athletes for u20's and u23's

Oregon State's Munoz entered at 92 KG for U23s?  A sign for 197lbs next season?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

11 hours ago, creek chub said:

I’m interested to see how Andonian does at 74 kg. If he’s got the upper body horsepower, he’ll be a problem for everyone 

I'm astonished hes still u23 eligible considering hes done with college I feel like you have kids that lose eligibilty for u23's after their r-soph year half the time now.

15 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Oregon State's Munoz entered at 92 KG for U23s?  A sign for 197lbs next season?

He's a big kid and realistically after his match with PK probably knows his best path is there so I would not be surprised. Plott seemed to really control him as well.

Posted (edited)

I'm excited to see Gunderson again feels like he should be the favorite after his showing at the LCQ which is kind of wild to say considering he has not been varsity yet.

Also, very excited to see vincent robinson was a huge fan of his when he was in high school absolute freak athlete, and it seems like he's committed to 125 which is interesting.

Edited by Truzzcat
  • Bob 1

Just now, Truzzcat said:

I'm astonished hes still u23 eligible considering hes done with college I feel like you have kids that lose eligibilty for u23's after their r-soph year half the time now.

By definition U23 is supposed to be for University Aged folks around the world.  Covid, deferred enrollment (Greyshirt), Redshirts, Olympic redshirts, as well as holding kids back a grade (or two) in middle school have made it so our system is failing us with that regard.

Take Bo Bassett for example.  He will turn 18 by the end of this calendar year.  That means he is an old 17 year old HS Soph.  He will turn 18 before halfway through his Junior year in HS.  He will turn 19 before halfway through his Senior year.  The same can be said for Jax Forrest.

At the other end - Spencer Moore was 17 years old as a True Frosh at North Carolina.

Speaking of North Carolina, the state itself used to have a rule against people who are sort of aging out even being able to compete their senior seasons.  If you were 19 before the school year had started, you couldn't compete (something along those lines) in sports that year.  There are other states that also follow that sort of scheme.

Andonian was simply a kid that went through school at the proper age(s) without being held back.

6 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

I'm excited to see Gunderson again feels like he should be the favorite after his showing at the LCQ which is kind of wild to say considering he has not been varsity yet.

Also, very excited to see vincent robinson was a huge fan of his when he was in high school absolute freak athlete, and it seems like he's committed to 125 which is interesting.

I am excited for Gunderson as well.

He didn't look small, but there were folks saying that him and Runyon would be wrestling off for 174lbs next year, I believe?

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

By definition U23 is supposed to be for University Aged folks around the world.  Covid, deferred enrollment (Greyshirt), Redshirts, Olympic redshirts, as well as holding kids back a grade (or two) in middle school have made it so our system is failing us with that regard.

Take Bo Bassett for example.  He will turn 18 by the end of this calendar year.  That means he is an old 17 year old HS Soph.  He will turn 18 before halfway through his Junior year in HS.  He will turn 19 before halfway through his Senior year.  The same can be said for Jax Forrest.

At the other end - Spencer Moore was 17 years old as a True Frosh at North Carolina.

Speaking of North Carolina, the state itself used to have a rule against people who are sort of aging out even being able to compete their senior seasons.  If you were 19 before the school year had started, you couldn't compete (something along those lines) in sports that year.  There are other states that also follow that sort of scheme.

Andonian was simply a kid that went through school at the proper age(s) without being held back.

Moore also graduated a year early. He should've been 18 when he enrolled. 

1 hour ago, cowcards said:

Moore also graduated a year early. He should've been 18 when he enrolled. 

I said at the other end, which would be what you said by definition.

Posted (edited)

blaze at 61kg

Vega at 61kg (almost beat basset at 65 beat ben davino at super 32 last year Cornell commit)

kasak in at 70... 157? kasak vs duke...

drake ayala at 61kg

nagao at 61kg

Anthony noto at 61kg

paniro at 70

Cayden Henschel 65 (big content creator d2 wrestles for Wisconsin Parkside seems like a great guy)

Erik Gibson at 79 

Cardenas at 92 will be a great gauge for Carroll 

Feldman and greg both at heavy

jax;lilledahl;Knox;deluca;Castillo;Seidel (on pace to break the pa all time wins number) all at 57 with kilkeary as well

Edited by Truzzcat

4 hours ago, BAC said:

I think any of the top 8 57kgs at U20s would be favored to win U23.

I may take whoever wins 61 out of davnino,Blaze,Hughes,Bailey,Larkin over anyone at u23's at 61 as well Bouzakis is probably my pick or maybe nagao although his leg defense was super uninspiring this past season but maybe he is tricky withs chest wraps or crotch lifts.

On 5/22/2024 at 9:12 PM, creek chub said:

I’m interested to see how Andonian does at 74 kg. If he’s got the upper body horsepower, he’ll be a problem for everyone 

He is tough but wrestles kind of wild in folk…lots of scrambles that would be points against in free…would really have to develop a different approach here…old dogs new tricks skepticism but will be interested as well

2 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

I may take whoever wins 61 out of davnino,Blaze,Hughes,Bailey,Larkin over anyone at u23's at 61 as well Bouzakis is probably my pick or maybe nagao although his leg defense was super uninspiring this past season but maybe he is tricky withs chest wraps or crotch lifts.

3 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

8 hours ago, Ched64 said:

He is tough but wrestles kind of wild in folk…lots of scrambles that would be points against in free…would really have to develop a different approach here…old dogs new tricks skepticism but will be interested as well

Bryce did won bronze at u20's in 2021 and only lost r1 to the eventual champ from Iran 8-7 so he must be able to translate his style pretty well. He just lets it fly which I think will be a blessing and a curse for him.

• Fire 1

On 5/28/2024 at 8:16 AM, Truzzcat said:

Bryce did won bronze at u20's in 2021 and only lost r1 to the eventual champ from Iran 8-7 so he must be able to translate his style pretty well. He just lets it fly which I think will be a blessing and a curse for him.

Yes sir. He’s an accomplished FS guy for sure. He had a very dinged up knee from about January through the ncaa tourney. If he’s healed up, Frayer will have him dialed in for FS. Frayer is a FS coaching genius and stud in his own right.

• Clown 1