Fully Funded Programs

Posted (edited)

Curious if anyone knows where you could find a list of D1 teams that are "fully funded" or one that lays out how many scholarships each are working with.  I always assumed it was 9.9 or none (Ivy League), but it seems like there is more variance than that.

Edited by FWwrestling
further explanation

6 minutes ago, FWwrestling said:

Curious if anyone knows where you could find a list of D1 teams that are "fully funded" or one that lays out how many scholarships each are working with.  I always assumed it was 9.9 or none (Ivy League), but it seems like there is more variance than that.

Believe this had been posted on the old board.  Someone might know but with NIL it is kind've a small factor.  In today's world you prob need full funded and $25M plus in the NIL bank to be competitive.  

• Bob 1

On 5/15/2024 at 11:00 AM, FWwrestling said:

I don't know of any such list, but the definition of "fully funded" is a task unto itself.  Several years ago the NCAA finally allowed schools to blend need and no-need (9.9) funding; until then a wrestler could receive one or the other, but not both.  I know of a 3x All-American at Lehigh who received no 9.9 funding at all, because his need-based and academic aid were more than he would have gotten through no-need.  Now that's not a problem, for institutions willing to blend the two.  Three months ago I had a conversation with an EIWA head coach whose school will not permit it, so his wrestlers are still stuck with no-need (I didn't ask if he has the full 9.9) or need-based/academic aid, not both.

22 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Similarly I would love to know this information but have never found a reliable source

When do you get to change your pic?  It's throwing me off

• Haha 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

31 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

When do you get to change your pic?  It's throwing me off

i think the solution that makes the most sense is everyone having that avatar.

• Haha 2
  • Stalling 1
  • Poopy 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

3 hours ago, flyingcement said:

I lost a bet with @poorwrestler and am serving a 31 day sentence

@poorwrestler  fly is kinda a Nelson Mandela, MLk, Gandhi figure on these boards.  Some say even a Mother Teresa. Is it possible to commute Fly's sentence.  For the sake of all our sanity?

• Bob 2
  • Haha 1
  • Pirate 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

On 5/20/2024 at 3:11 PM, feet2back said:

Rutgers is definitely fully funded with the maximum 9.9...When Goodale took over the Program they were at 3 Scholarships

How long has Goodall been at the helm? I was just tweeting about how they’re taking off and getting excellent wrestlers, attendance, and good press.

Purdue, please follow suit.

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, CowboyYe2024 said:

where the hell did OSU get the money for Amine from? Saving up for Alirez?

Did OSU get the money? Or did their white knight make a deal directly with Amine?

And what would the Amine to Alirez exchange rate be? Can you get 4, or 5, Amines for the price of one Alirez?

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

4 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Did OSU get the money? Or did their white knight make a deal directly with Amine?

And what would the Amine to Alirez exchange rate be? Can you get 4, or 5, Amines for the price of one Alirez?

Its Magic.