Keep Upping The Stupid

Ban Basketball

Can't help but notice how Tattletale "News" continues to shoot themselves in the foot,  election after election,  year after year and wonder why they don't win. 

At this moment,  just as the final January 6 hearings are about to provide their criminal referrals (looks like our own,  Gymmy J. is going to be one of them), Tattletale's show, Unanimous, is on.  No mention of the criminal referrals,  but,  for 45 minutes what are they tattling about? You guessed it,  border,  crime out of control,  librul cities lifting bail,  and about to begin,  a professor caught on camera telling a class that she'll shut down any arguing with her about racial inequality ( that's called good teaching,  providing ground rules in class).

Gee, and why do we keep losing? Hmmm...

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

Ah, yes,  and serial stealer of valor and Princeton grad,  Pete Hegsberg, after screaming in rage at the top of his lungs all hour,  ended things on why he loves Jesus.🤮

I'm sure Jesus is so proud. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

39 minutes ago, jross said:

What is it about Ron Paul and Andrew Yang that so many found likable, while not agreeing with all their policies?

I liked Yang's idea of the guaranteed monthly income.  Middle out economics.  An idea we've never tried in about 50 years. 

I liked GMI as a means to give a hand to children in poverty.  More security with home and food leads to less crime, more education, and a productive future.  Studies have shown this.  I was naïve to think the government could do this responsibility.

I can't believe that Rand I Oppose The Civil Rights Act Paul would even think of speaking out against big gubment spending when he voted against the infrastructure bill, only to ask on ten different occasions for infrastructure funds. 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/07/politics/infrastructure-spending-republican-critics/index.html

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, jross said:

What is your opinion on the earmarks within?

This is how the sausage is made.

Putting on your shocked pikachu face is so weird.
You've never seen or heard of a bill with earmarks before?
This particular bill is somehow different than all prior spending bills?

What's the total value of earmarks out of the total spending in the bill?

10 hours ago, jross said:

What is your opinion on the earmarks within?

My point is that Rand I Oppose The Civil Rights Act Paul doesn't really stand for anything.

As for these bookends or whatever they are,  I haven't looked, simply because nothing's been passed yet.  At this point,  it's just designed to elicit anger and misinormation fodder for the 30 percenters. 

Once it's passed,  I may have a view on it. 

8 minutes ago, jross said:

Once it is passed, it is too late.

Maybe,  but (1) it hasn't happened yet and likely won't and (2) alterations and amendments will be made to it before passage. 

That's what 40+ years of following politics has taught me.  Wait for the final product and then either gripe or rejoice. 

24 minutes ago, jross said:

Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever will be.

This out-of-control spending should anger 95%.  Not your 30%. 

Being angry at normal behavior seems counterproductive.

https://fiscaldata.treasury.gov/americas-finance-guide/federal-spending/

Who was president in 2019 when the most recent uptick occurred?
Were you 'angry' then?

Screenshot 2022-12-21 at 10-18-39 Fiscal Data Explains Federal Spending.png

Edited by Mike Parrish

On 12/21/2022 at 11:39 AM, Ban Basketball said:

My point is that Rand I Oppose The Civil Rights Act Paul doesn't really stand for anything.

As for these bookends or whatever they are,  I haven't looked, simply because nothing's been passed yet.  At this point,  it's just designed to elicit anger and misinormation fodder for the 30 percenters. 

Once it's passed,  I may have a view on it. 

"He never chooses an opinion; he just wears whatever happens to be in style."
-Leo Tolstoy

On 12/21/2022 at 10:53 AM, jross said:

Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever will be.

This out-of-control spending should anger 95%.  Not your 30%. 

What is way out of control and rubs you the wrong way?  Specificity, please.

I think everything is overpriced, rather than unjustified.  Medical costs, in particular.

Running deficits, increasing debt, and blindly approving a budget rubs me the wrong way.

I am concerned about the U.S.A. government's fiscal future and how it will affect my kin.  Excessive government spending is causing high inflation that has increased the costs of raising my family far faster than my wages have grown.  Running an annual national federal deficit is the same as it almost always is; run without a balanced or surplus budget.  How will future social services be paid?  Will my children provide a better life for their families than I provided them?  

I want our elected leaders to put on their big boy/girl pants and take better responsibility and accountability for finance management.

• Fire 1

On 12/30/2022 at 9:49 AM, jross said:

Running deficits, increasing debt, and blindly approving a budget rubs me the wrong way.

I am concerned about the U.S.A. government's fiscal future and how it will affect my kin.  Excessive government spending is causing high inflation that has increased the costs of raising my family far faster than my wages have grown.  Running an annual national federal deficit is the same as it almost always is; run without a balanced or surplus budget.  How will future social services be paid?  Will my children provide a better life for their families than I provided them?  

I want our elected leaders to put on their big boy/girl pants and take better responsibility and accountability for finance management.

Our country has operated in the red since its inception and somehow the "fiscal crisis" as a result that I've heard about for 58 years hasn't come yet. 

We'll be fine. Whom would we "pay off" anyway,  given that the entire world's in the red as well. 

6 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

Our country has operated in the red since its inception and somehow the "fiscal crisis" as a result that I've heard about for 58 years hasn't come yet. 

We'll be fine. Whom would we "pay off" anyway,  given that the entire world's in the red as well. 

https://www.thebalancemoney.com/who-owns-the-u-s-national-debt-3306124

11 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

Thanks.  Good info, Mike.  It sounds like many, many creditors.  No surprise, 31+ Billion is a lot of money.  It also sounds like the SSA has been overtaxing us, then the federal government has been pi$$ing that away on whatever they want.  That's just plain dirty.  

1 hour ago, BerniePragle said:

Thanks.  Good info, Mike.  It sounds like many, many creditors.  No surprise, 31+ Billion is a lot of money.  It also sounds like the SSA has been overtaxing us, then the federal government has been pi$$ing that away on whatever they want.  That's just plain dirty.  

Trillion