Iowa should hire these 3 coaches

28 minutes ago, paboom said:

I've been saying for years that Tom should move Terry to the RTC, dump Morningstar and Telford and hire from the outside.

Telford makes absolutely no sense.  He can really only work with the heavies.  Ideally you want someone who competed at 174-197.

And noone that's under the age of 45 even knows who Bobby Telford is...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2024 at 1:51 PM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

So what?  John Smith and David Taylor had 0 coaching experience before getting hired as HC of Oklahoma State.

Hehe, OSU really didn't have much of a choice after Joe Seay was fired. I heard OSU offered Gable, among others. 

Edited by NM1965

2 hours ago, NM1965 said:

Hehe, OSU really didn't have much of a choice after Joe Seay was fired. I heard OSU offered Gable, among others. 

Pretty sure Gable offer was before Seay when let Chesbro go.

Posted (edited)

I'll say what half of you are thinking, 3 black coaches with no connection to the program will go over like a fart in church in Iowa City.

Edited by KCMO2

On 5/9/2024 at 4:08 AM, Husker_Du said:

for the love of everything holy.....

STOP talking about JB and J'den coaching in college.

there's is nothing a wrestling fan can do to immediately signify 'i have absolutely no idea what i'm talking about' 

Mr. Pastry at his finest.

On 5/8/2024 at 1:23 PM, feet2back said:

Kerry McCoy was an Olympian and might have been the worst coach in D1 history

I'm not trying to be a dick here but as someone who lives in Tennessee and primarily follows the SoCon, i can tell you wholeheartedly, you're wrong. 

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, strange_daze said:

Dumb post.

Not really. There are a lot of dumb rednecks in rural states who are racist as hell, not to mention alumni who don't want to hire "outsiders".

image.png

10 minutes ago, NM1965 said:

Not really. There are a lot of dumb rednecks in rural states who are racist as hell, not to mention alumni who don't want to hire "outsiders".

image.png

Southern Illinois is a perfect example 

• Bob 1

24 minutes ago, TexRef said:

Southern Illinois is a perfect example 

Southern Oklahoma is the same way. So is Northern Oklahoma. So is Eastern Oklahoma and Western Oklahoma, now that I think about  it. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, NM1965 said:

image.png

It's a dumb post for a few reasons. For one: go ahead and name an existing staff in a DI program that represents the type of diversity we're talking about here. They may exist, but they are few and far between, and they don't currently appear in the top 20 as far as I can tell. Which means: it's a lame jab at Iowa being racist when, in reality, it's a much more systemic issue in the sport and in the country. It's perhaps true that alumni tend to like 'insiders' more than 'outsiders', but in looking at this year's top 10 teams, only 3 have head coaches that came from the program. These are basic data points.

I'd add: I take exception at the idea that rural people are somehow more racist than non-rural. In my experience, some of the most open-minded people I've ever met are from the country; likewise, some of the most close-minded and openly racist are well-to-do people who live in (sub)urban areas. You make a fair point about 'dumb rednecks', but it applies to 'dumb white collar' people as well--the very people who, in many cases, have the economic means to shape program development.

6 hours ago, NM1965 said:

Sorry, the Venn Diagram above isn't accurate for Cowboy fans. Here's the updated diagram for OSU. 

image.thumb.png.d79e7167c32917da365f9b31c2f000f4.png

There are more dumb and racist folk in big cities, prove it wrong.  

4 minutes ago, ionel said:

There are more dumb and racist folk in big cities, prove it wrong.  

Chill out Francis, can't you take a joke? 

18 hours ago, NM1965 said:

image.png

Absolutely.  I don't agree with, but it's facts.  And a poster calling 'dumb post' on it needs to catch a clue.

• Bob 1

11 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

Absolutely.  I don't agree with, but it's facts.  And a poster calling 'dumb post' on it needs to catch a clue.

He said its a joke, not true.