Omar has to go

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ilhan-omars-pro-genocide-jews-remark-sparks-house-censure-effort

Ilhan Omar’s 'pro-genocide' Jews remark sparks House censure effort

Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., is being hit with a censure resolution on Tuesday after she referred to some Jewish students as "pro-genocide" during a recent visit to Columbia University.

Rep. Don Bacon, R-Neb., is introducing the resolution against Omar on Tuesday, a source familiar with his plans told Fox News Digital.

The New York City Ivy League school has been the flashpoint for nationwide demonstrations on college campuses, where students have set up tent encampments to protest their universities' financial ties to pro-Israel companies.

Omar's daughter was one of more than 100 Columbia students and young adults attending its sister school, Barnard College, who were arrested over their encampment last month.

The progressive "Squad" Democrat visited the demonstration on April 26 in a show of solidarity for the anti-Israel protesters.

"I actually met a lot of Jewish students who are in the encampment, and I think it is really unfortunate that people don't care about the fact that all Jewish kids should be kept safe," Omar told Fox 5 New York while there. "We should not have to tolerate antisemitism or bigotry for all Jewish students, whether they are pro-genocide or anti-genocide."

Genocide would be wiping out all Gazans.   That is materially and factually not happening.  She is irresponsible with this rhetoric.  There are 2-3 million Gazans and less than 100k have been killed.   In no way is that a genocide.   She doesn't belong in Congress.   She should be booted or not allowed on any committee.   She is blight in the halls of Congress. 

That's my opinion. 

mspart

• Brain 2
  • Stalling 1

On 5/7/2024 at 5:43 PM, mspart said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ilhan-omars-pro-genocide-jews-remark-sparks-house-censure-effort

Ilhan Omar’s 'pro-genocide' Jews remark sparks House censure effort

Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., is being hit with a censure resolution on Tuesday after she referred to some Jewish students as "pro-genocide" during a recent visit to Columbia University.

Rep. Don Bacon, R-Neb., is introducing the resolution against Omar on Tuesday, a source familiar with his plans told Fox News Digital.

The New York City Ivy League school has been the flashpoint for nationwide demonstrations on college campuses, where students have set up tent encampments to protest their universities' financial ties to pro-Israel companies.

Omar's daughter was one of more than 100 Columbia students and young adults attending its sister school, Barnard College, who were arrested over their encampment last month.

The progressive "Squad" Democrat visited the demonstration on April 26 in a show of solidarity for the anti-Israel protesters.

"I actually met a lot of Jewish students who are in the encampment, and I think it is really unfortunate that people don't care about the fact that all Jewish kids should be kept safe," Omar told Fox 5 New York while there. "We should not have to tolerate antisemitism or bigotry for all Jewish students, whether they are pro-genocide or anti-genocide."

Genocide would be wiping out all Gazans.   That is materially and factually not happening.  She is irresponsible with this rhetoric.  There are 2-3 million Gazans and less than 100k have been killed.   In no way is that a genocide.   She doesn't belong in Congress.   She should be booted or not allowed on any committee.   She is blight in the halls of Congress. 

That's my opinion. 

mspart

I think the entire squad plus one can go. I will donate for a plane ticket for them to North Korea, Russia or Iran.

Would love for Omar to lose, but doesn’t seem likely.

But last I checked Cori Bush and Jamal Bowman were likely to lose their Democratic primary races to more traditional moderates, so there is that.

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, PortaJohn said:

Omar will have a tough primary against Don Samuels 

That’s true. Last time he was pretty close with no big money behind him. I think people took notice that she is vulnerable and he is more well funded now. I hope he is successful but would be surprised if he beats her.

Curious has she ever done anything in congress legislative wise that affects us.  Evidently she is representing her district but if her views are so far out there that she can't influence legislation then maybe she doesn't hurt us as much as the alternative?  🙅‍♀️

Of course she does make our country look stupid. 

• Bob 2
  • Ionel 1

If Bush, Bowman and Omar lose their primaries it’s a backlash to the squad and their movement. They talk a big game when it comes to social justice but do nothing for their constituents, most of whom need real solutions when it comes to things that democrats are supposed to care about (jobs, decent wages, education, more services for bad neighborhoods etc).

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, BuckyBadger said:

If Bush, Bowman and Omar lose their primaries it’s a backlash to the squad and their movement. They talk a big game when it comes to social justice but do nothing for their constituents, most of whom need real solutions when it comes to things that democrats are supposed to care about (jobs, decent wages, education, more services for bad neighborhoods etc).

True that!

mspart