David Taylor to Coach Oklahoma State???

4 minutes ago, Broomstick said:

*Kale

Always remember, don’t sleep on Kale.  In the 90’s pizza hut was the biggest purchaser of kale because they used it as decoration at their buffets.  Now look how far the humble leafy green has gotten…

• Bob 1

7 minutes ago, CowboyYe2024 said:

So is it going to happen?

sounds like Pyles' is well informed and the answer is no. DT took time to discuss with his inner circle, ie Cael, and has decided he's not ready to take it at this point in time. 

I hope this is incorrect. 

1 minute ago, pokemonster said:

sounds like Pyles' is well informed and the answer is no. DT took time to discuss with his inner circle, ie Cael, and has decided he's not ready to take it at this point in time. 

We need money for him and Alirez 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

Maybe Cael will promise to make him Associate Head Coach and a handshake deal that DT will be the next PSU coach when Cael retires? That type of handshake deal is like an absolute ironclad guarantee in college athletics from what I have heard.

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Maybe Cael will promise to make him Associate Head Coach and a handshake deal that DT will be the next PSU coach when Cael retires? That type of handshake deal is like an absolute guarantee in college athletics from what I have heard.

That's what I'm thinking... Why else would he decline it if his goal is to be a college coach? Somehow Cael has everyone convinced that being Robin to his Batman is better than taking the leap themselves. 

4 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Maybe Cael will promise to make him Associate Head Coach and a handshake deal that DT will be the next PSU coach when Cael retires?

That's what I'm thinking... Why else would he decline it if his goal is to be a college coach? Somehow Cael has everyone convinced that being Robin to his Batman is better than taking the leap themselves. 

I'm guessing Taylor wanting to continue competing for the time being would be a bigger factor into not taking any head coaching position at this point.  If he's really ready to coach it's silly he'd pass up on this opportunity 

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

2 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

I'm guessing Taylor wanting to continue competing for the time being would be a bigger factor into not taking any head coaching position at this point.  If he's really ready to coach it's silly he'd pass up on this opportunity 

He might still have the 2024 games...

Just now, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

He might still have the 2024 games...

find it doubtful AB will get banned on a technicality on filing for adderall.  I've only seen Mineo reporting thus far and I take his "reporting" with a grain of salt  

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

2 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

find it doubtful AB will get banned on a technicality on filing for adderall.  I've only seen Mineo reporting thus far and I take his "reporting" with a grain of salt  

I don't find it doubtful at all.  I generally doubt the Minnow, but he's unlikely to try to make PSU or their athletes look bad.

9 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I don't find it doubtful at all.  I generally doubt the Minnow, but he's unlikely to try to make PSU or their athletes look bad.

Wait wait wait, where is this coming from?

Wait wait wait, where is this coming from?

Minnow is spreading a rumor that Brooks was popped for Adrenal at U23 last year, making him ineligible for the Olympics and that USA wrestling was aware but didn't disclose it to anyone as they think they can win an appeal, but if not DT will get the spot despite not winning a match at the trials.   

10 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

I thought the adderall was grandfathered in...that someone Brooks age wouldn't be allowed to be taking it.

That was my understanding from people calling Simone Billes a "cheat," during the last Olympics...among other things. That she had her exemption going back to when she was first able to compete and....well, yeah, that was it, she was grandfathered into the exemptions, but anyone who didn't already have one was kinda out of luck.

Apparently that's not the case? You are still allowed to take it? And if it's a filling error, that'd be the dumbest possible reason to disqualify someone...but they are rather anal about that. I was kinda torn on who I wanted to see at that weight, but in the end, it was probably the guy on the incredible run and I wanted to see him finish up his career with another Oly Title and maybe a WC or 2, but at this point, it'd just case a shadow over whatever DT would do from here on out.

4 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

Apparently that's not the case? You are still allowed to take it? And if it's a filling error, that'd be the dumbest possible reason to disqualify someone...but they are rather anal about that. I was kinda torn on who I wanted to see at that weight, but in the end, it was probably the guy on the incredible run and I wanted to see him finish up his career with another Oly Title and maybe a WC or 2, but at this point, it'd just case a shadow over whatever DT would do from here on out.

Isn't that what happened to JO?