Are all the Pro-Palestine, anti Israel protests helping or hurting the Democrats?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Really...really??  You honestly believe they are JUST protesting innocent lives being killed during war??  They are protesting against Israel and using the unfortunate atrocities of war as a reason to be antisemitic.  If they truly understood everything that has happened in that area and why the war started, what you state wouldn't be the reason to protest.  Why aren't they just holding anti-war protests...against BOTH sides??  Why aren't you and uncle antisemite talking about BOTH sides and what they have done??  Why aren't you posting and looking up articles and tweets that talk about what Hamas has done and continues to do???   

Again, the point of my original post is being made by your response...especially you can't comment on the overall point other then try and show support for what these stupid kids are doing on campuses.

Being critical of the government of Israel is not equal to antisemitism. You can find countless of Jewish and Israeli people who say the same thing. All the videos of hamas atrocities are right next to the Israel ones that show up. The main difference is hamas is a terrorist organization and doesn’t need people to protest against them because they are not a government that represents citizens while Israel is an ally of the U.S. people are protesting the use of American tax dollars to help Israel commit these crimes and atrocities. They don’t want the U.S. to be complicit in this war crimes. There’s no point in protesting hamas because our legislature isn’t actively sending them billions in aid compared to israel

Edited by braves121

Posted (edited)

@braves121 - that is disingenuous.  That’s like saying …. I know Mike.  Mike is having a heated argument with Brian.  I don’t know Brian.  So I’m only going to critique Mike and ignore all the things Brian is saying or doing that are egregiously wrong.    I have my blinders on.

Just silly.  And for all those that take this stance, it shows a shocking degree of hypocrisy.  

The folks protesting Israel’s actions should also make clear that the elected Government of the Gaza Strip are evil and deserve severe retribution.  But only if they believe that.  I’m not thinking many of them do.

Edited by Dark Energy
  • Bob 2
  • Fire 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

@braves121 - that is disingenuous.  That’s like saying …. I know Mike.  Mike is having a heated argument with Brian.  I don’t know Brian.  So I’m only going to critique Mike and ignore all the things Brian is saying or doing that are egregiously wrong.    I have my blinders on.

Just silly.  And for all those that take this stance, it shows a shocking degree of hypocrisy.  

The folks protesting Israel’s actions should also make clear that the elected Government of the Gaza Strip are evil and deserve severe retribution.  But only if they believe that.  I’m not thinking many of them do.

Everyone knows what hamas is also doing. Using your analogy, Mike and Brian are having a fight. I know Mike and i know Brian who is a terrorist. Mike receives millions of us tax payer money to fight Brian. The oroblem is, when Mike fights Brian, he doesn’t just try to attack Brian, he attacks ANYTHING that could be construed as having a whiff of the scent of Brian. I pay for Mike to hurt countless of innocent people in his fight against Brian and that is what the issue is. I critique both sides but Mike is ultimately the one with more responsibility to not harm innocent individuals especially since it’s my tax payer dollars paying for the weapons and harm. 

Edited by braves121

28 minutes ago, braves121 said:

Everyone knows what hamas is also doing. Using your analogy, Mike and Brian are having a fight. I know Mike and i know Brian who is a terrorist. Mike receives millions of us tax payer money to fight Brian. The oroblem is, when Mike fights Brian, he doesn’t just try to attack Brian, he attacks ANYTHING that could be construed as having a whiff of the scent of Brian. I pay for Mike to hurt countless of innocent people in his fight against Brian and that is what the issue is. I critique both sides but Mike is ultimately the one with more responsibility to not harm innocent individuals especially since it’s my tax payer dollars paying for the weapons and harm. 

With your anemic, inverted relationship with the truth, I hesitate to ask, but how sure are you that we don’t give money to Hamas?

• Bob 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

With your anemic, inverted relationship with the truth, I hesitate to ask, but how sure are you that we don’t give money to Hamas?

I assume you’re going to say the U.S. providing humanitarian aid to Palestinians is the equivalent to giving hamas money? If so maybe you should go out and protest that

Edited by braves121

18 minutes ago, braves121 said:

I assume you’re going to say the U.S. providing humanitarian aid to Palestinians is the equivalent to giving hamas money? If so maybe you should go out and protest that

Is that the extent of your knowledge?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Is that the extent of your knowledge?

Enlighten me on how we fund hamas or at least the equivalent of us funding israel. The U.S. actually placed sanctions on several institutions that fund hamas 

Edited by braves121

7 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

Just saw this on the news. It was hilarious. They took over the Hamilton Hall building and now wants (expects) to be supplied with food and water. Idiots!!!!!

• Brain 2

18 hours ago, Le duke said:

There are also plenty of Jewish students who are part of the protests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so.. do they speak for all jewish students?

I thought there was supposed to be a safe place for All students

17 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

willie keeps doing the slippery thing where he specifies jewish students to imply it’s because they’re jewish and that they’re not subject to the same blockade everybody is and then whenever you ask him to demonstrate that they’re actually being targeted he backs down. 

i showed a video where anyone who doesn't have a hamas wristband wasn't allowed

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

still not ethnic cleansing

What would you call it when one group bombs civilians, cuts off water, cuts off electricity, kills aid workers giving out food , establishes “safety corridors” then subsequently bombs those safety corridors of another group? Several countries have come out and called out Israel for committing genocide the U.S. is gonna be on the wrong side of history

Edited by braves121
  • Poopy 1
  • Clown 1

14 hours ago, Offthemat said:

Where does one find anti-zionist Jews?  Syria, Jordan, Saudi, Egypt, Iran, Iraq?  Jews are just incompatible with sharia, right?  

they are very similar to white liberal karens.. they do exist in the wild... just hate themselves very much

1 hour ago, braves121 said:

Mike has more responsibility to not harm civilians?  That is where we differ.  You are giving a pass to the evil aggressor.  Your right to do so, but it is ugly in my opinion.

Question for you - what do you think Hamas expected to happen after they invaded Israel, raped, murdered and kidnapped in a grand scale?  Curious to hear your answer.  If it isn’t anything but ‘A hellish wave of Israeli retribution’ … you are naive.  Hamas wanted this.

• Bob 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

Mike has more responsibility to not harm civilians?  That is where we differ.  You are giving a pass to the evil aggressor.  Your right to do so, but it is ugly in my opinion.

Question for you - what do you think Hamas expected to happen after they invaded Israel, raped, murdered and kidnapped in a grand scale?  Curious to hear your answer.  If it isn’t anything but ‘A hellish wave of Israeli retribution’ … you are naive.  Hamas wanted this.

Mike has more responsibilities because he is a first world nation that receives tax payer money and should uphold the Geneva conventions and not commit war crimes with tax payer money.Israel is a legitimate government while hamas is not. I don’t know what hamas expected to happen. What do you think Israel though would happen everytime they broke a cease fire in the last 60 plus years What did  Israel settlers think would happen when they continue to forcibly remove people who have lived in the West Bank for decades and steal their home? The history of this conflict did not start 10/7

Edited by braves121

3 hours ago, braves121 said:

Generic old buzzword to outrage conservatives checklist:

blue hair: check

communist: check

Is this the best people can do lol how about something new

doesn't have to be the best.

it just has to be true.

30 minutes ago, braves121 said:

Enlighten me on how we fund hamas or at least the equivalent of us funding israel. The U.S. actually placed sanctions on several institutions that fund hamas 

So, yes.  

2 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

I'll never understand the thought process/attitude of completely dismissing the actions that lead up to a reaction and then go WAY over the top criticize the reactions that were brought upon the people themselves...it is borderline narcissistic behavior.  Criticize the side that reacts to being attacked.  Blame people for unfortunately/inadvertently killing human shields and not the people using a person as a human shield.  Blame the cops for making arrests for the actions of the person being arrested.  Blame the people trying to get into buildings that are being blocked by "peaceful" protests...blocking a roadway or access to a building is NOT "peaceful" protesting.  Blame university policies when buildings get taken over versus the people taking over the buildings.  Justify yelling "death to Israel" by claiming the meaning is something other than what the actual words say.   SMH

I'm all for the right to protest, but will never understand the actual crazy behavior associated with some of them.  Most of the protesters have NO IDEA what or why other than it is a fad and they like to virtue signal.

And as for the war...Humas brought it upon themselves, and the results of the war and the responsibility should fall mainly on Humas.  War is ugly and it is very unfortunate the innocent lives that are lost..I'm sure Israel hasn't done things perfectly in regard to what is "right" in war, but that is why war is so unfortunate and yucky.  I truly wish Humas would surrender and the war be over.

no one can ever really understand the 'thought' processes of leftists

1 minute ago, Scouts Honor said:

doesn't have to be the best.

it just has to be true.

When people repeat the same buzzwords for the 3rd election cycle they just start to lose their meaning and sting 

34 minutes ago, braves121 said:

What would you call it when one group bombs civilians, cuts off water, cuts off electricity, kills aid workers giving out food , establishes “safety corridors” then subsequently bombs those safety corridors of another group? Several countries have come out and called out Israel for committing genocide the U.S. is gonna be on the wrong side of history

did they tell them to leave the combat area first? 

• Bob 1