Missed matches...

The matches seemed to be in almost no order at all for most of the tournament for sure. It was frustrating. People can say that the schedule was available online, and it was but why not just do things in order? Why show a WFS and Greco-Roman match for every MFS?

It makes for a frustrating and boring experience that no one wants. This is not the way to push WFS or Greco-Roman it will foster contempt. I don't need to expand on why random order is idiotic but I will say tournaments are hard enough to catch the matches you want when the order is intuitive. Making it random and having to have a treasure map makes it worse. Awful product, can't wait till Monday so Pyles can tell us what an amazing product it is though.

Edited by forkemaz
  • Fire 2

14 hours ago, lu_alum said:

Someone didn’t read my thread…

Getting Ready for the Trials (Peacock Guide)
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=2305546&share_tid=4441&url=https://intermatwrestle.com/index.php?/topic/4441-Getting-Ready-for-the-Trials-%28Peacock-Guide%29&share_type=t&link_source=app

Go to Peacock. Replays should be available.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you were watching live this ^^^ and track were useful.  However if watching on demand it was very difficult since no info on mat assignments and weight/style assignment order unless looking it up on track and then you'd know result so your point in watching spoiled.  

• Fire 1

26 minutes ago, forkemaz said:

The matches seemed to be in almost no order at all for most of the tournament for sure. It was frustrating. People can say that the schedule was available online, and it was but why not just do things in order? Why show a WFS and Greco-Roman match for every MFS?

It makes for a frustrating and boring experience that no one wants. This is not the way to push WFS or Greco-Roman it will foster contempt. I don't need to expand on why random order is idiotic but I will say tournaments are hard enough to catch the matches you want when the order is intuitive. Making it random and having to have a treasure map makes it worse. Awful product, can't wait till Monday so Pyles can tell us what an amazing product it is though.

It keeps viewership up.  Otherwise we would have had Freestyle last and had to wait for the greco/wfs.     Greco and WFS are not as popular in the US,  so It doesn't hurt that they were grouped together.   and like Ionel said you could follow match order on Track Dashboard.

Edited by Threadkilla

25 minutes ago, forkemaz said:

At least for the finals they sprinkled in the WFS and Greco to make sure there was an audience. When Brooks beat Taylor the place started emptying out. They made an announcement that there were still five matches remaining. If they held all Greco in a row, almost no one would have been there. WFS as a stand alone would have done better than Greco, but much worse than MFS.

• Bob 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

45 minutes ago, forkemaz said:

Yes it was a horrible format. Extremely boring and drawn out.

Americans do not like Greco and forcing it on us won’t change that. I also don’t care about consos in any style. 

• Fire 2

29 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

It keeps viewership up.  Otherwise we would have had Freestyle last and had to wait for the greco/wfs.     Greco and WFS are not as popular in the US,  so It doesn't hurt that they were grouped together.   and like Ionel said you could follow match order on Track Dashboard.

I was watching on delay so I couldn't get match order without spoilers and I shouldn't need an auxiliary app to follow a sport I've watched since I was only crawling. 

You can say it doesn't hurt to group styles but It's simply not true. I had some friends over and even some first time viewers and the WFS and GR turned them off and they likely ain't coming back. The truth is MFS is hardly popular why burden it even more so with styles that are known to be even less popular? 

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

33 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

At least for the finals they sprinkled in the WFS and Greco to make sure there was an audience. When Brooks beat Taylor the place started emptying out. They made an announcement that there were still five matches remaining. If they held all Greco in a row, almost no one would have been there. WFS as a stand alone would have done better than Greco, but much worse than MFS.

And I have no problem with that. Why taint your best product which is already not doing well with even less popular styles? Let them stand on merit. I would have watched some WFS. I would not have watched GR. If that's the case what's the problem? People want more MFS weights at the Olympics? Great get rid of the style no one cares about and focus on MFS and WFS. More resources for your better styles.

Edited by forkemaz
  • Bob 1

1 minute ago, forkemaz said:

I was watching on delay so I couldn't get match order without spoilers and I shouldn't need an auxiliary app to follow a sport I've watched since I was only crawling. 

You can say it doesn't hurt to group styles but It's simply not true. I had some friends over and even some first time viewers and the WFS and GR turned them off and they likely ain't coming back. The truth is MFS is hardly popular why burden it even more so with styles that are known to be even less popular? 

Greco is huge internationally,  it would help if we were better at it, when our guys regularly get beat and don't place at Pan AM's, it hurts, the exposure can only help.  Watch Asian or  Eastern Europe Greco,  It's a different product.  

WFS is growing in the world and women are joining the ranks at a huge rate,  In the US it's folk and Free. Womens wrestling may turn off some but it has helped grow mens wrestling in the US, with women involved, schools are deciding to add wrestling,  both men and women.  Exposure can only help.    

Just now, Threadkilla said:

Greco is huge internationally,  it would help if we were better at it, when our guys regularly get beat and don't place at Pan AM's, it hurts, the exposure can only help.  Watch Asian or  Eastern Europe Greco,  It's a different product.  

WFS is growing in the world and women are joining the ranks at a huge rate,  In the US it's folk and Free. Womens wrestling may turn off some but it has helped grow mens wrestling in the US, with women involved, schools are deciding to add wrestling,  both men and women.  Exposure can only help.    

The exposure to GR isn't helping Greco its hurting Men's free style grouping them. WFS is increasing fast and can stand alone.

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

9 minutes ago, forkemaz said:

The exposure to GR isn't helping Greco its hurting Men's free style grouping them. WFS is increasing fast and can stand alone.

i disagree,  the chances of making a Freestyle team in the US is one in 10,000.  If some of our better athletes and top folk wrestlers focused on Greco we could compete.    The exposure only helps.  New and casual fans don't care about either too much. 

1 hour ago, Threadkilla said:

i disagree,  the chances of making a Freestyle team in the US is one in 10,000.  If some of our better athletes and top folk wrestlers focused on Greco we could compete.    The exposure only helps.  New and casual fans don't care about either too much. 

I just watched with new and casuals and GR turned them off and tuned them out of the whole thing. Different points of view, me and you, oh well.

4 hours ago, MPhillips said:

Why would you introduce, "new and casuals" to this tourney? You failed them, not the format...

Lmao, sure. Keep telling yourself that. Folkstyle, sumo,..............................MFS, WFS, GR

Edited by forkemaz

4 hours ago, MPhillips said:

Why would you introduce, "new and casuals" to this tourney? You failed them, not the format...

Why would you have new people watch a tournament full of all the best American wrestlers? Gee I dunno. 

20 minutes ago, forkemaz said:

Why would you have new people watch a tournament full of all the best American wrestlers? Gee I dunno. 

Because it's FS and GR on Peacock. It's not the finals with wrestlers from college schools they recognize on primetime ESPN. It seems a bit disingenuous...:classic_dry:

4 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Because it's FS and GR on Peacock. It's not the finals with wrestlers from college schools they recognize on primetime ESPN. It seems a bit disingenuous...:classic_dry:

This is the absolute pinnacle of American international wrestling styles.  The tournament has all the biggest names and competitors, if it can't hold their attention that's on the they styles and presentation.

Why are you even mentioning folkstyle or ncaa?  It has nothing to do with this. If anything the collegiate style is the only reason these guys have any name recognition at all. Without it there would be even less viewers. 

And if you'd like to get into it many of these people came over for the ncaa finals and loved it. So what's the issue?

Edited by forkemaz