When will Spencer Lee wrestle again?

CementMixer

1 hour ago, MPhillips said:

Guy wrestling in the room is conditioning. If he's not wrestling in the room he can run and ride all he wants. He's gonna struggle to get in, "wrestling shape."

Sure, live wrestling in the room is part of conditioning. We don't know how much of that he is doing or will be able to do. But people are claiming he needs more official matches to get in shape. He needs to prioritize getting in shape in the room over getting official matches. 

• Fire 1

12 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

If that's what they meant then those people shouldn't be allowed to post any longer...💀

I may be reading into their comments a bit, but it sounds like they are saying he needs more matches to have any chance at getting in shape. I want to see him wrestle, but don't think that should be his priority. Pick and choose select opportunities and build him up, I say. 

On 12/16/2022 at 8:51 PM, CementMixer said:
On 12/16/2022 at 8:18 PM, Formally140 said:

I think if they coddle him too much he’ll not be in shape and ready for the top 10 3-5 matches in a row 

It's going to be very difficult to build a gas tank on 1 match per month come early March.

3 hours ago, mbowlsby said:

My guess is he gets at least one match at Solider Salute, likely two depending on performance and feel. Not sure it's realistic to think his gas tank will be at 100% this year given his injury/recovery, so it's more of a can he win a title at 70-80%. 

This is what I'm also thinking. Except I think more like 50-60%.

1 hour ago, Crotalus said:

I may be reading into their comments a bit, but it sounds like they are saying he needs more matches to have any chance at getting in shape. I want to see him wrestle, but don't think that should be his priority. Pick and choose select opportunities and build him up, I say. 

Yianni only had surgery on one knee, and possibly not as damaged, but nine months after March surgery, he began competition again.  He wrestled four matches in his first tournament in November, and wrestled 11 matches by the end of December, with the last one avenging (again) his loss to Eierman.  Ended up at 29-0.  Spencer's surgery was nearly a year ago, right?

2 hours ago, Crotalus said:

Sure, live wrestling in the room is part of conditioning. We don't know how much of that he is doing or will be able to do. But people are claiming he needs more official matches to get in shape. He needs to prioritize getting in shape in the room over getting official matches. 

His sunken in eyes told the tale to me.  Big weight cut that zapped the fuel out of him. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

49 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

Yianni only had surgery on one knee, and possibly not as damaged, but nine months after March surgery, he began competition again.  He wrestled four matches in his first tournament in November, and wrestled 11 matches by the end of December, with the last one avenging (again) his loss to Eierman.  Ended up at 29-0.  Spencer's surgery was nearly a year ago, right?

Not really sure how that's relevant. Lee has a history of knee issues and recovery and rehab can't vary greatly. We don't know if Lee's healing has been slower or if he had any setbacks. Or if there is cause for just taking it as slow as possible given his history. 

1 hour ago, Crotalus said:

Not really sure how that's relevant. Lee has a history of knee issues and recovery and rehab can't vary greatly. We don't know if Lee's healing has been slower or if he had any setbacks. Or if there is cause for just taking it as slow as possible given his history. 

Yeah, how can it be relevant?  3x NCAA champions who got knee surgery and wrestled the next year.  Just another data point.

1 hour ago, BigRedFan said:

Yeah, how can it be relevant?  3x NCAA champions who got knee surgery and wrestled the next year.  Just another data point.

Lee had both knees done, and has had one done before. Using Yianni as any kind of baseline for Lee's recovery and what his season should look like competition-wise this year would be ridiculous. 

Edited by Crotalus
  • Fire 1

5 hours ago, BigRedFan said:

A knee that has been repaired twice has a longer recovery time, or so I was told by a PT.

As a guy in his late 50's and suffering some of the aches and pains of too many birthdays,  and never having a knee surgery in my life,  all I can say is that Lee is going to "hurt" a little in about 30-40 years. 

No,  thanks. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!