Sunday Morning Comic Strips (featuring JOMBO™ and Professor Carl)

Back in 1980, the Chicago Sun Times published a review by Roger Ebert about a movie that "never finds a consistent comic note of its own," that also "never develops a plot," and that never allows the "central characters" to get "involved in the same action." 

He was writing about Caddyshack.

By way of explanation of the comic strip below for the younglings, here's a very short :23 video of one of the greatest movies ever made:

How does this relate to wrestling? Well, because Jombo™ has become involved. Also, it is my firm belief that the least likely person in the history of mankind to have ever liked amateur wrestling is Roger Ebert. And yet, in 1985, Ebert gave Vision Quest 3½ stars. I think that's pretty interesting. 

JOMBO11.jpg

• Bob 1
  • Haha 3

Today we are pleased to announce a deal that will combine the Marvel Cinematic Universe with the Jombo Comic Universe. Tomorrow, we will inform Disney and Marvel Studios. In the meantime, let’s celebrate with a wall poster of your favorite JCU and MCU villains. Hang it up in your dorm room, basement or closet. Be one of the cool kids and not a total loser jerk!

jombo18.jpg

• Bob 1

5 hours ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

Today we are pleased to announce a deal that will combine the Marvel Cinematic Universe with the Jombo Comic Universe. Tomorrow, we will inform Disney and Marvel Studios. In the meantime, let’s celebrate with a wall poster of your favorite JCU and MCU villains. Hang it up in your dorm room, basement or closet. Be one of the cool kids and not a total loser jerk!

jombo18.jpg

Reading the comics this morning it go me wondering:  what would Jombo say about OSU talking so long to announce their new head coach?

• Stalling 1
  • Ionel 1

2 hours ago, ionel said:

Reading the comics this morning it go me wondering:  what would Jombo say about OSU talking so long to announce their new head coach?

Yep... stallin'.

D3

• Haha 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

9 hours ago, ionel said:

Are there any sentences longer than life in Oklahoma?

• Haha 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

JOMBO19.jpg

Sometimes we just have to give IWB a pass cause that Florida sun can be hot enough to fry the brain.  🌞 

*but I do still look forward to the Sunday comics.  🙂

Edited by ionel
  • Ionel 1

14 minutes ago, ionel said:

Sometimes we just have to give IWB a pass cause that Florida sun can be hot enough to fry the brain.  🌞 

*but I do still look forward to the Sunday comics.  🙂

It's South Carolina, my friend, and it's not the heat, it's the humidity. For example we are now a week past donut season. You buy a donut now, and it will be a glazy puddle in 15 minutes. We are almost out of Milk Duds season. Buy a box next week, and it will be a brick in 30 minutes. In two weeks, you can take a shower, dry off with a towel, hang up the towel, and the next day, it is wetter. 

But the JOMBOVERSE grows!

There's a new addition to the JOMBO™ Comic Universe. A surprising addition. It should be interesting to see how the wrestling world reacts to the new hires. I decided to give Davebert the "Disney Look." I think he'll be a fan favorite. Cheers!

• Ionel 1

44 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

It's South Carolina, my friend, and it's not the heat, it's the humidity. For example we are now a week past donut season. You buy a donut now, and it will be a glazy puddle in 15 minutes. We are almost out of Milk Duds season. Buy a box next week, and it will be a brick in 30 minutes. In two weeks, you can take a shower, dry off with a towel, hang up the towel, and the next day, it is wetter. 

But the JOMBOVERSE grows!

There's a new addition to the JOMBO™ Comic Universe. A surprising addition. It should be interesting to see how the wrestling world reacts to the new hires. I decided to give Davebert the "Disney Look." I think he'll be a fan favorite. Cheers!

South Carolina can be worse.  Hopefully the Gillyman & Jimmy K make the comics soon.

BTW: I'm showing 87% humidity right now but in ain't hot.  🙂

Screenshot_20240512-073409_Gallery.jpg.d8b0cc5754daaf9dda26ac00af1524ed.jpg

• Ionel 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

JOMBO20.jpg

Was hoping for some Bat Brands comic here in the despair cave.  Something like:

SmartSelect_20240519-073931_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b975c3343dcfdc6cb33ab71fcf6e7a23.jpg

or

SmartSelect_20240519-073702_Chrome.jpg.c1bebd6a5be9e86cecd2b21631163283.jpg

🤷‍♀️

maybe next week ...

Edited by ionel
  • Ionel 1

3 hours ago, ionel said:

Was hoping for some Bat Brands comic here in the despair cave.  Something like:

SmartSelect_20240519-073931_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b975c3343dcfdc6cb33ab71fcf6e7a23.jpg

or

SmartSelect_20240519-073702_Chrome.jpg.c1bebd6a5be9e86cecd2b21631163283.jpg

🤷‍♀️

maybe next week ...

^^^NOT the signal we're expecting... ^^^

7edadafde983e46aa78c1f3d8a111006f454c3fa

... but we'll wait nonetheless.

D3

• Haha 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.