Who won OW? Who gets the Hodge?

Final vote totals:

1. Brooks: 53 first place votes (48 committee votes + 5 fan votes)
  2. Keckeisen: 8 first place votes
  3. Starocci: 2 first place votes
  4. Kerkvliet: 1 first place vote

Tough year. Starocci finishes as a four timer and still winds up a distant third in the Hodge vote. Oof.

46 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Final vote totals:

1. Brooks: 53 first place votes (48 committee votes + 5 fan votes)
  2. Keckeisen: 8 first place votes
  3. Starocci: 2 first place votes
  4. Kerkvliet: 1 first place vote

Tough year. Starocci finishes as a four timer and still winds up a distant third in the Hodge vote. Oof.

and the #9 seed, just no respect.

2 hours ago, ionel said:

and the #9 seed, just no respect.

How many ncaa champs this year finished with 0 bonus point wins?

this was against a series of other aging / injured (but great) opponents.   Before anyone says anything.  All the brackets have tough guys and tough matches.

Keck at 184 had 5 bonus wins 

brooks at 197 4…. (133 and 157 had 4 too)

Hwt kerk 3 

125, 141, 149, and the toughest weight 165 had 2 

Cstar 0

• Bob 1

8 minutes ago, Caveira said:

How many ncaa champs this year finished with 0 bonus point wins?

this was against a series of other aging / injured (but great) opponents.   Before anyone says anything.  All the brackets have tough guys and tough matches.

Keck at 184 had 5 bonus wins 

brooks at 197 4…. (133 and 157 had 4 too)

Hwt kerk 3 

125, 141, 149, and the toughest weight 165 had 2 

Cstar 0

Yeah, it is pretty wild that two years in a row a four timer only comes in third in the Hodge voting. But given the criteria, it makes sense.

The other thing that is wild to me is that in four years each, eight years combined, Diakomihalis and Starocci received a TOTAL of 27 first place votes (16 for Starocci and 11 for Diakomihalis) which would not be enough to even sniff first place in a single year.*

*In 2016 Dieringer won with 27 votes, but there were also 14 fewer total votes that year (-23.7%).

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Yeah, it is pretty wild that two years in a row a four timer only comes in third in the Hodge voting. But given the criteria, it makes sense.

The other thing that is wild to me is that in four years each, eight years combined, Diakomihalis and Starocci received a TOTAL of 27 first place votes (16 for Starocci and 11 for Diakomihalis) which would not be enough to even sniff first place in a single year.*

*In 2016 Dieringer won with 27 votes, but there were also 14 fewer total votes that year (-23.7%).

How do you think someone worth 0 bonus in the tourney and two losses on the year would beat someone who was far more dormant and undefeated?   Explain the criteria.   

Edited by Caveira

2 minutes ago, Caveira said:

How do you think someone worth 0 bonus in the tourney and two losses on the year would beat someone who was far more dormant and undefeated?   Explain the criteria.   

Not sure how you concluded I think that. The problem is with your conclusion, not with what I think.

7 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Not sure how you concluded I think that. The problem is with your conclusion, not with what I think.

Fair quoted wrong dude apologies …. It literally says it makes sense in your post 🙂

question intended for @ionel

Edited by Caveira

6 minutes ago, Caveira said:

Fair quoted wrong dude apologies …. It literally says it makes sense in your post 🙂

question intended for @ionel

I don't understand the question, not sure what is the question?

BTW: Wkn and I are like minded so his answer may be good.  😉

9 minutes ago, ionel said:

I don't understand the question, not sure what is the question?

BTW: Wkn and I are like minded so his answer may be good.  😉

Your griping he gets no respect and should have got hodge no ?

3 minutes ago, Caveira said:

Your griping he gets no respect and should have got hodge no ?

I was kidding with the 9 seed and no Hodge that he got no respect.  Kindve a play on Jimmy certain he had to get OW if won it from the 9 seed.  Starocci's objective was to win the tournament, played it safe like the injured Eric Siebert did.  I'm sure he could've opened up more but no reason to take a chance.  Again review the paths of Siebert & Schmidt at Cleveland.