Transfer Portal

4 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

Do you have an actual reason to expect Bailey leaving or just “good wrestler small school”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iowa, Oklahoma shoot maybe OK State will throw money at him. He probably will test the water and see his options. 

4 hours ago, Gus said:

Beau Man must be beating him in the room?

Even if that’s the case I still would think Cam would just go 174 next year since Michigan doesn’t really have a clear starter there. A lot of ppl were already penciling him in at that weight. 

• Bob 1

Some of the names being mentioned are graduating and don’t have to be in the portal by the cut off date. We will see more in the portal after. Also, they only need to make it known to their current school by yesterday which means, like last year, it might not be known for a while 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

14 hours ago, Gus said:

Beau Man must be beating him in the room?

It's a 'Who at 174?' problem that I think is being pushed on him.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

13 hours ago, CowboyYe2024 said:

Iowa, Oklahoma shoot maybe OK State will throw money at him. He probably will test the water and see his options. 

They just picked up a guy who beat him this last season.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Idaho said:

Some of the names being mentioned are graduating and don’t have to be in the portal by the cut off date. We will see more in the portal after. Also, they only need to make it known to their current school by yesterday which means, like last year, it might not be known for a while 

Graduates have to be in the portal by the same date as everyone else now. Changed very recently. 

Schools were required to complete the entry within 48 hours, so it shouldn't take too long for everyone to be known this year.

Edited by cowcards
  • Bob 1
  • Brain 1

21 minutes ago, cowcards said:

Graduates have to be in the portal by the same date as everyone else now. Changed very recently. 

Schools were required to complete the entry within 48 hours, so it shouldn't take too long for everyone to be known this year.

Good catch. That’s like last week new.  

• Bob 1

Posted (edited)

Where will Amine end up?  It seems odd that he's leaving Michigan.   Grad school seems like a stretch as Michigan has great grad programs.   Perhaps a change of scenery.

Edited by Threadkilla
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Threadkilla said:

Where will Amine end up?  It seems odd that he's leaving Michigan.   Grad school seems like a stretch as Michigan has great grad programs.   Perhaps a change of scenery.

No guarantee that he does leave, fwiw.

1 hour ago, Gantry said:

I'd have to think Sunkist closing is a big fator in all this ASU exodus

You have to wonder how that will impact other guys on the roster who have international aspirations... i can think of a couple guys would get good NIL paydays and good freestyle training situations. 

I doubt Schultz ends up at Michigan with Coon training there. Minnesota? Oklahoma State? 

• Brain 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Idaho said:

You have to wonder how that will impact other guys on the roster who have international aspirations... i can think of a couple guys would get good NIL paydays and good freestyle training situations. 

I doubt Schultz ends up at Michigan with Coon training there. Minnesota? Oklahoma State? 

I think Schultz training against Coon would probably be good for both of them. Steel sharpens steel. Or rather, in this case, steel sharpens ice cream. 

Edited by NM1965
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Idaho said:

Yeah are they really not going to have an RTC?  The Larkins are studs in FS, will they stay?

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Yeah are they really not going to have an RTC?  The Larkins are studs in FS, will they stay?

I don't know if they are going to re-brand something or not, but Sunkist Kids is over. It's too bad... a lot of history there. There are probably ASU fans on here that can speak more to the plan of what happens next for ASU in terms of an RTC. Yeah....there are a few guys on that team that have pretty high international aspirations. 

2 hours ago, NM1965 said:

I think Schultz training against Coon would probably be good for both of them. Steel sharpens steel. Or rather, in this case, steel sharpens ice cream. 

If one decides to step away after the Olympics, I could see that happening. You don't typically see the top two guys make a conscious effort to train together, but who knows. Coon is 29 and Schultz 23 and Greco guys have more longevity it seems.  Of course, it is Schultz's chance to cash in on a decent payday in order to continue training somewhere. 

As a side note, Richie Figs doesn't seem to be too happy with guys leaving. 

• Bob 1

2 hours ago, Idaho said:

If one decides to step away after the Olympics, I could see that happening. You don't typically see the top two guys make a conscious effort to train together, but who knows. Coon is 29 and Schultz 23 and Greco guys have more longevity it seems.  Of course, it is Schultz's chance to cash in on a decent payday in order to continue training somewhere. 

As a side note, Richie Figs doesn't seem to be too happy with guys leaving. 

Figs and Schultz live together and are very tight. 

• Brain 1