2024 NCAA Championships - Session 3

133 is such an odd weight class. 
Hard to argue it doesn’t have the overall best two guys in the tournament. Fix and Vito have some of the best college and international credentials in the tournament. 
But neither have looked like dominating monsters this year. Not surprising with Fix, but Vito has been surprising. 

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

Wow, Fix gets bailed on a quick stalemate call now..no more complaining about Suriano going forward

And if the ref let's it keep going then people would be complaining that he allowed a stalemate to waste too much time in the 3rd OT.

Edited by KCMO2

Just now, BigRedFan said:

And cyclist.  He was riding that bike quite a bit at the end (two stall calls, plus about two that should have been called).

Won't argue with that either. I think Vito will get him tonight

Just now, Packard said:

133 is such an odd weight class. 
Hard to argue it doesn’t have the overall best two guys in the tournament. Fix and Vito have some of the best college and international credentials in the tournament. 
But neither have looked like dominating monsters this year. Not surprising with Fix, but Vito has been surprising. 

Vito is back.  No knee wrap, shooting for seven minutes non-stop.  He took one shot from about ten feet away (literally).

• Bob 1

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Wow, Fix gets bailed on a quick stalemate call now..no more complaining about Suirano going forward

That was a good call for him. I think he's in big trouble though, I think Vito is back. 

Nice turnaround by Ragusin, beating the guy who teched him last week. Fix pinned him the only time they wrestled in college. 

1 minute ago, BigRedFan said:

Vito is back.  No knee wrap, shooting for seven minutes non-stop.  He took one shot from about ten feet away (literally).

He looks as strong as a bull out there. I think Vito is the guy to beat at this point. His return match with Crookham should prove interesting. 

Just now, PortaJohn said:

Oh look, Bartlett didn't score in the first again

Not a single 141lber in the championship side of the bracket did.

Scared money doesn't make money.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 minute ago, pokemonster said:

How can anybody root for Fix without pulling their hair out? He has so much skill and potential and uses it to do nothing. 

He literally stood there with Frost's leg hiked for 10 seconds or so in OT doing nothing. I'd have tried to drag him back on the mat a bit more and get the  takedown, but I think Fix is suffering from old age and forget he was in OT. 

• Haha 1

I would be all for calling double stalling if the score is 0-0 after one.  Ech would have essentially been up 1-0 before the 2nd period started because of it against Jack.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me