We Could EASILY Fix Inflation Without Raising Rates

2 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

@red viking how do you feel about the amount of money we spend on our military??  Just can't seem to truly pinpoint what your stance on that is.  Oh and the support for Israel we provide and how you feel about the war against Hamas??  

I'll keep pounding on those those monstrous pits of waste and evil. 

BB - I think RV meaning is that he does not support ultra high spending for defense.  He want's to cut defense spending hard.  That is a somewhat reasonable position based on all the waste that there is in that category.   That same logic can apply to the rest of the budget.   Drop spending across the board by 10% and the wasteful and unacounted spending will be stymied. 

mspart

20 hours ago, mspart said:

Even with lower rates, more money came in.   So that part is not a lie.   The fact that spending continued to increase is another topic and piece of the pie. 

Your solution is to get more money.   This will work but only if spending is throttled.   But you only address one side of the issue.   There are the income and the expense.   Both are supposed to equal each other.   By saying we need more money, that means we will spend more.   But we are so far in debt that something needs to stop.   Spending is the easiest thing to stop so we should do that first.   But we won't.   Too many people want too much stuff.   So the spending stays and increases.   So we need more money.   But more money will not help if spending does not stop increasing.  

It takes both to make the recipe work.   But neither D nor R have the will to do either, at least for very long. 

mspart

So some of the info was inaccurate(tax rates) but you'll still believe that the other numbers were accurate(revenue). How does that mathing math in your mind? 

18 minutes ago, mspart said:

BB - I think RV meaning is that he does not support ultra high spending for defense.  He want's to cut defense spending hard.  That is a somewhat reasonable position based on all the waste that there is in that category.   That same logic can apply to the rest of the budget.   Drop spending across the board by 10% and the wasteful and unacounted spending will be stymied. 

mspart

Totally could be on board with that.  I agree there is a ton of waste in all of government including the military...God knows my brother told me about it all the time.  I am in process improvement and would love to be let loose in a government agency...but reality it isn't hard to find the waste to cut but rather the people change management is what is so difficult.

6 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

So some of the info was inaccurate(tax rates) but you'll still believe that the other numbers were accurate(revenue). How does that mathing math in your mind? 

How do you define accurate?   And what about my post was inaccurate?  Are you just trolling to troll or to make a point?  If my post was accurate then what's your point?   If inaccurate, then make a point.  

mspart

• Bob 1

He was a HS debater that trys to divert every thread he posts on.   We had a guy in college that did that.   It was annoying but he would have us laughing in stitches for about 2 hours straight while he was doing it.   He was really funny. 

mspart

7 hours ago, red viking said:

You need to do your research. Bush made huge tax cuts in 2001 and 2003 whole raising spending on out fat bloated military and deficits skyrocketed. Yah tax revenue went up, partly due to inflation and partly due to economic growth, largely fueled by massive deficit spending. Bottom line: huge budget deficits under the Bushmaster, and then he led us into the Great Recession. Period. It's that simple. 

First you say that Trump’s (but not Biden’s) deficit spending caused inflation.  Now you’re saying that Bush’s deficit spending spurred economic growth.  Can you explain this inconsistency?

8 hours ago, red viking said:

You need to do your research. Bush made huge tax cuts in 2001 and 2003 whole raising spending on out fat bloated military and deficits skyrocketed. Yah tax revenue went up, partly due to inflation and partly due to economic growth, largely fueled by massive deficit spending. Bottom line: huge budget deficits under the Bushmaster, and then he led us into the Great Recession. Period. It's that simple. 

Research complete.  And accurate.  Revenue (i.e. tax dollars) went up on a real basis over 16%.  Spending, NOT TAX REVENUE was, is, and always will be the problem with our deficit spending.  Military spending did not go up enough to use up all of that $750 billion increase in revenue\ during the Bush years.  In fact (research about to be put forth) military spending went up $180 billion from 2002 until 2008.  That left $570 billion ADDITIONAL DOLLARS in 2008 above and beyond all of the federal spending in 2002 for paying off national debt.  Remember that in each year the revenue increase exceeded the military budget increase therefore we had the opportunity to pay off over a trillion dollars ($1,000,000,000,000) of debt during the Bush years with the additional tax revenue received.  But, no, we spent it on stupid things   So if your argument is that during Bush's presidency we expanded our non-essential government spending beyond any imaginable rational purpose, reason, or need then we are in agreement.  But taxes were not cut.  By the way, please realize that Bush was not a conservative in thought or deed.  He was mostly a country club family scion pretty boy with no real conservative governing principles but he made donors comfortable.

Edited by Lipdrag