Carter Starocci tried to destroy Mekhi’s knee…

41 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Don't really know about that but he did most definitely abandon his teammates, went home mid tournament, and had to make everything about himself with that cryptic tweet. 

There are plenty of fans on the psu board complaining Cstar left his teammates.  That part is real.  The other stuff in this thread I dunno……

Often that little jab at “on the Iowa boards _________ bad things are being discussed but not on the psu boards.   

it sure isn’t cool to bail on your teammates….. go on a tantrum in Public…… when your coach is doing the best thing for you.  

in 10.  20.  50 years.  His teammates will remember this.  He will remember this.   As a leader. He should have stayed to show the younger people how to grow into being a leader.  Leaders don’t run home to twitter and make those vague odd remarks.   

Edited by Caveira

Pure bullshit, dude.  You make it sound like a WWE table match.  The guys get injured and if you think starocci ‘abandoned his team’, you don’t know crap about the sport, his team, or the man.

• Clown 2

2 minutes ago, DMZ99 said:

Pure bullshit, dude.  You make it sound like a WWE table match.  The guys get injured and if you think starocci ‘abandoned his team’, you don’t know crap about the sport, his team, or the man.

Name others who defaulted out of the tourney and didn’t make the end of tourney to cheer his team on…… or who missed the big team pic when their team won their record 8th big 10 tourney   

You should read the psu board with plenty of psu fans griping about how Cstar was not a good teammate.   

I’ll wait for team leaders who got hurt and left early.  Grab the list outside of Cstar.  Who has any other leaders / stars?

fact is he bailed on his team.  He bailed as a leader.  He bailed to pout on social media looking for attention……  Likely for some upcoming documentary or what not where he hams up I wasn’t gonna go for my fourth…. I was gonna skip NCAAs.   (And spoiler he does.  And will.  And will likely win).  

Edited by Caveira

This is all a long con because Starocci can't make 74kg. "Would have been a 4x'er Olympian but I hurt mah knee" is a page straight out of the Dana White playbook and you rubes are falling for it hook line and sinker.

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

2 hours ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Don't really know about that but he did most definitely abandon his teammates, went home mid tournament, and had to make everything about himself with that cryptic tweet. 

the worst part if that if he wrestled and won i'd respect him less for the tweet...

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

2 hours ago, Caveira said:

You should read the psu board with plenty of psu fans griping about how Cstar was not a good teammate.   

I’ll wait for team leaders who got hurt and left early.  Grab the list outside of Cstar.  Who has any other leaders / stars?

fact is he bailed on his team.  He bailed as a leader.  He bailed to pout on social media looking for attention……  Likely for some upcoming documentary or what not where he hams up I wasn’t gonna go for my fourth…. I was gonna skip NCAAs.   (And spoiler he does.  And will.  And will likely win).  

Hey… take a good look at the team photo.  He was right there, in sweats on the right side.  Your ignorance anf attitude are appalling..

4 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

so you're dumb, angry, and blind?

2024 Big Ten Wrestling Tournament Champions

Carter?  Yeah he's there.  You just can't see him.  His favorite game to play with team photos is Where's Carter?  Hint, blue & white striped shirt & beanie, glasses, hair parted over his left eye.  Blue pants

Edited by PortaJohn

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

This is dumb.  Starrocci is back getting treatment.  The mothership has access to WAY more stuff, and when you are working to get ready in the face of that kind of injury, every minute counts.

Also, if Cael had to hold him back from wrestling, him being around being in the environment just getting angry he couldn’t compete would drive him crazy…which is not conducive to healing.  

It’s like some people on this board never got hurt wrestling before.

Edited by wrestle87

26 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

This is dumb.  Starrocci is back getting treatment.  The mothership has access to WAY more stuff, and when you are working to get ready in the face of that kind of injury, every minute counts.

Also, if Cael had to hold him back from wrestling, him being around being in the environment just getting angry he couldn’t compete would drive him crazy…which is not conducive to healing.  

It’s like some people on this board never got hurt wrestling before.

I don’t disagree it’s you, but don’t you find it odd that it seemed like no one took this stance with Spencer Lee last year? And before someone tries to speculate on the legitimacy of the injuries, please realize that’s all it is (speculation)…none of us know/knew exactly what injuries either are/were dealing with. 

• Fire 1

I disagree with the entire premise of the thread.

How does one "destroy" a knee with an overly aggressive bow and arrow attempt? There's literally no sideways force applied, in either direction. The knee was in its natural forwards/backwards track the entire time Starocci did it.

Could he hurt a hip flexor? Or a lower ab muscle? Sure.

• Bob 1

2 minutes ago, Le duke said:

I disagree with the entire premise of the thread.

How does one "destroy" a knee with an overly aggressive bow and arrow attempt? There's literally no sideways force applied, in either direction. The knee was in its natural forwards/backwards track the entire time Starocci did it.

Could he hurt a hip flexor? Or a lower ab muscle? Sure.

We have a two tiered system of who you can apply certain moves on. Mehki is exempt from holds that might be used to pin him. 

• Haha 1