Brittney Griner prisoner swap

Nailbender

I respect the take.

All life is important, and there is an expectation of personal responsibility for oneself and responsibility for their children.  The zero percentages here across society are great.  

A long while back, my toddler ingested a house cleaning agent.  The system was working.  The government regulated that the manufacturer had warning labels.  The manufacturer had warning labels.  I knew the risks.  I had those cabinet locks... but left one cabinet open.  I needed to be a better parent.  

image.thumb.png.3ee42e3ee9c52d2385618b04f213a1b3.png

Suicide sucks. 

I went to a smaller school with around 90 graduates per grade level.  Two of my classmates qualified for the state wrestling tournament with me during our junior year of high school.  They both committed suicide (one jumped off a building, the other is unknown to me) in their early 20s (one was a friend and a two-time apartment roommate, and the other I didn't much care for).  The two wrestlers came from divorced families and were depressed their whole life. 

Two other childhood friends committed suicide (one by shotgun, one by hanging).  At 21 years old, one found out he got a girl pregnant and never showed up to meet us on a Friday night.  The other was in his 30s and had a young family.  

An outright gun ban might reduce suicides or lead to another effective approach of jumping off a building.  It can go either way.  There is a Malcolm Gladwell book that talks about the coupling of intention and means/access. Would gun regulation reduce suicide?  How?

4 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

Did you read the article?   Here is what it says.

Former President Trump’s ex-national security adviser said the Russians appeared committed to releasing Paul Whelan and another imprisoned American to improve relations between Washington and Moscow following a meeting in October 2020.

Robert O’Brien, former national security adviser under Trump, told The Hill that the Russians reneged on the deal that would have freed Whelan and Trevor Reed after Joe Biden was declared the winner of the 2020 presidential election. 

“Once we lost the election, the Russians lost all interest” in talking with the Trump administration, O’Brien said. 

...O’Brien said that he felt he secured a commitment from Russian National Security Adviser Nikolai Patrushev to release Whelan and Reed, a former U.S. Marine arrested in Russia about a half-year after Whelan, in exchange for scheduling summits between Washington and Moscow that the Kremlin sought. 

Patrushev had met with O’Brien in early October 2020 in Geneva, but O’Brien said there was no discussion of a prisoner swap or the release of Bout. 

Without getting into the details, there were further summit meetings the Russians wanted to have that would have required improvement in relations,” O’Brien said. “And my position was, if you want to improve relations with us, you cannot keep Whelan and Reed.”

It doesn't sound like Trump was played.   Trump was playing them and had them just about to release Whelan and Reed for no prisoner swap, just some meetings.   Once Biden was elected, they only wanted to talk to Biden, why you wonder.  Well they knew they could play Biden and make him look the fool, which they did. And they still have Whelan.    

mspart

Mike,

Your  suspicions are noted.   My suspicion is they knew they could play Biden hard.   It was not difficult to see this with his inability to communicate clearly, his visible frailness, and with who he surrounded himself with, lightweight lefties.  

Trump had actual sanctions on Russia that makes the statement they supported Trump a head scratcher.   That's what the trade was, to come to end the sanctions in exchange for Whelan and Reed.   Trump was playing hardball.   Biden released the sanctions on Russia as one of the first things he did in office.   What you are saying is they liked Trump because he placed hard sanctions on them.   Makes no sense. 

mspart

Deuce isn't the only one to have sanctions against Russia.  You can see the dumb old grail dementia case has some too.  https://www.state.gov/the-impact-of-sanctions-and-export-controls-on-the-russian-federation/#:~:text=Since February 2022%2C the United,been destroyed in the war.,

However. Deuce IS the only one who stood right next to Putie on the world stage and blamed America first for Russia's help in getting Deuce  "elected," and,  we also can't forget this tough on Russia moment. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

11 hours ago, mspart said:

Mike,

Your  suspicions are noted.   My suspicion is they knew they could play Biden hard.   It was not difficult to see this with his inability to communicate clearly, his visible frailness, and with who he surrounded himself with, lightweight lefties.  

Trump had actual sanctions on Russia that makes the statement they supported Trump a head scratcher.   That's what the trade was, to come to end the sanctions in exchange for Whelan and Reed.   Trump was playing hardball.   Biden released the sanctions on Russia as one of the first things he did in office.   What you are saying is they liked Trump because he placed hard sanctions on them.   Makes no sense. 

mspart

You are right. If Trump played hardball, it wouldn't make sense.

That's where it starts to become clear that the US citizens have been played. Trump was faking hardball all along.

• Fire 1

On 12/13/2022 at 9:54 AM, jross said:

I respect the take.

All life is important, and there is an expectation of personal responsibility for oneself and responsibility for their children.  The zero percentages here across society are great.  

A long while back, my toddler ingested a house cleaning agent.  The system was working.  The government regulated that the manufacturer had warning labels.  The manufacturer had warning labels.  I knew the risks.  I had those cabinet locks... but left one cabinet open.  I needed to be a better parent.  

image.thumb.png.3ee42e3ee9c52d2385618b04f213a1b3.png

It would be interesting to see a plot on here of "Children killed by the bad guy breaking into someone's house".  Isn't/Wasn't that one of the main justifications of having firearms?  At least it was before the "I just want them and the 2A says I can" culture that's been nurtured by gun and ammo mfgs to make money.

I doubt the numbers would even show on the graph unless they were fudged by someone with a financial interest.

• Fire 1

12 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

You are right. If Trump played hardball, it wouldn't make sense.

That's where it starts to become clear that the US citizens have been played. Trump was faking hardball all along.

Trump has been playing the US people since at least 1972 when he was named "Mr Bone Spurs".

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

It would be interesting to see a plot on here of "Children killed by the bad guy breaking into someone's house".  Isn't/Wasn't that one of the main justifications of having firearms?  At least it was before the "I just want them and the 2A says I can" culture that's been nurtured by gun and ammo mfgs to make money.

I doubt the numbers would even show on the graph unless they were fudged by someone with a financial interest.

I am going to disagree.

It's the Tacticool/LARPerator firearm masturbation crew that makes the normies look bad.

Edited by Mike Parrish
  • Fire 1

Someone's obsession with Trump is very disturbing.  Man I can't imagine living my life so obsessed with another person that I couldn't talk about a single topic without bringing that persons name up...yikes!!

Poster A:  "What did you all think of the New Zeeland volcano documentary on Netflix?"

Obsessed with Trump Poster:  "Well it's Trumps fault, he colluded with the Russians and the big oil folks that caused the volcano to erupt!!!!  TRUMP!!!  TRUMP!!!!!  AHHHHHHH!!!!!"

17 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Someone's obsession with Trump is very disturbing.  Man I can't imagine living my life so obsessed with another person that I couldn't talk about a single topic without bringing that persons name up...yikes!!

Poster A:  "What did you all think of the New Zeeland volcano documentary on Netflix?"

Obsessed with Trump Poster:  "Well it's Trumps fault, he colluded with the Russians and the big oil folks that caused the volcano to erupt!!!!  TRUMP!!!  TRUMP!!!!!  AHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Well,  in fairness,  he does invite people to be obsessed with him,  as he DOESN'T GO AWAY!

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

1 hour ago, Ban Basketball said:

Well,  in fairness,  he does invite people to be obsessed with him,  as he DOESN'T GO AWAY!

I agree in that he does need to go away, but I just choose to ignore him as he is irrelevant politically...to me anyway.  I just don't understand the obsession...both ways really...but some on here can't seem to discuss a topic without bringing the guy up.

• Fire 1

7 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

I agree in that he does need to go away, but I just choose to ignore him as he is irrelevant politically...to me anyway.  I just don't understand the obsession...both ways really...but some on here can't seem to discuss a topic without bringing the guy up.

The guy's at the center of an ongoing criminal conspiracy.

48 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Shall I go on??

It's fine, you are obsessed with Trump and it's okay...we all are different in our own way.

Two examples, where relevant conversation was already underway, is "bring him up in every topic and in every debate??"

lol @ you

How about you just hit the ignore button if it's all too much for you?

Edited by Mike Parrish

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2022 at 2:03 PM, jross said:

My unpopular views on the instadeath penalty extend beyond this MoD when there is 100% certainty

• Violent rapists
  • Large-scale illicit fentanyl distributers
  • Violent hate crimes; the type where someone beats up an elderly person on the street because of Asian bigotry
  • Criminals (normally gang members) involved in public / open-air shootings of other people like you see in the cities
  • Premediated murder

There's probably a tiny list of bad crimes in which humanity is better off without the criminal.  Frequently there is not enough evidence to be 100% certain and jail time is tolerable.  But when it is certain... be gone with the criminal.

The tiny list gets bigger.

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/crime/portland-woman-allegedly-pushes-3-year-old-onto-train-tracks/283-1d3203c3-50c1-47ef-b27f-f904ecb7d5d9

On 12/30/2022 at 9:11 PM, jross said:

So, some obviously mentally unstable person go's bonkers and commits a horrible and unforgivable act of violence.

Remember that this is a daily occurrence across the country. Every day. Doesn't kill nearly as many as Covid still does daily, but (somehow) not everyone wants to face the Covid reality as they have no answers and would prefer to ignore it.

In this case, your "solution" is to kill the unstable person? Serously? Don't get me wrong, I don't care about her welfare. My issue is with the wrong-headed concept that killing a mentally unstable person is somehow going to be a step toward improving society. It just isn't. It won't move us forward, not an inch.

You seem to be a little too invested in murdering others.