Brands Translator 2.0

Addressing Brody Teske's #14 pre-seed at 133:

Brands: "There's just funny, there's funny things that go on."

Translation: I still have no idea what goes on.

Brands: "The timing was right. And, you know, we are going to do what's best for our athletes first. And in my assessment, in the program's assessment, it was right to get the timing right for the wrestle off."

Translation: Look, clearly I had no idea what the timing of the Big 10 seeding procedure was when I decided to do a wrestle off after the Big 10 deadline. I mean, isn't that obvious by now? Hell, I did this two years in a row.

Brands: "I have already said probably more than I want to say about it."

Translation: Who the hell let this guy in the press conference anyway?

Brands: "And away we go."

Translation: Maybe next year I can make it three in a row. What were you nerds even talking about again?

• Fire 4
  • Haha 7

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

3 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Addressing Brody Teske's #14 pre-seed at 133:

Brands: "There's just funny, there's funny things that go on."

Translation: I still have no idea what goes on.

Brands: "The timing was right. And, you know, we are going to do what's best for our athletes first. And in my assessment, in the program's assessment, it was right to get the timing right for the wrestle off."

Translation: Look, clearly I had no idea what the timing of the Big 10 seeding procedure was when I decided to do a wrestle off after the Big 10 deadline. I mean, isn't that obvious by now? Hell, I did this two years in a row.

Brands: "I have already said probably more than I want to say about it."

Translation: Who the hell let this guy in the press conference anyway?

Brands: "And away we go."

Translation: Maybe next year I can make it three in a row. What were you nerds even talking about again?

Did he address the Anthony situation? 

1 minute ago, Hammerlock3 said:

i think its more likely he wanted the bouzakis match than that this was just a screw up.

If he wanted the Bouzakis match he would not have attempted to call for a coaches' vote to change the seed from the pre-seed, which he appears to have done, but was denied by...a policy you could say.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

3 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

i think its more likely he wanted the bouzakis match than that this was just a screw up.

If I'm 83 shots of bourbon deep I can almost imagine him doing this as a twisted way of motivating Teske. 

But really, it's hard for me to wrap my mind around how this happens two years in a row.

• Fire 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

If he wanted the Bouzakis match he would not have attempted to call for a coaches' vote to change the seed from the pre-seed, which he appears to have done, but was denied by...a policy you could say.

He may have called for it knowing it would be denied.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

1 minute ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

But really, it's hard for me to wrap my mind around how this happens two years in a row.

well if it's intentional it didn't happen twice in a row in the meaningful sense.

7 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

If I'm 83 shots of bourbon deep I can almost imagine him doing this as a twisted way of motivating Teske. 

It's not hard for me to wrap my mind around it. Tom is a dumb guy 😄 

1 minute ago, NM1965 said:

Hey now ... he's smart enough to listen to Jimmy and go after the 3 Ferrari bros.  

• Haha 1

some folks are saying that Schriever was injured and the staff wanted to give him as much time as possible to heal up and so they delayed the wrestle off until after the submission deadline had passed. I guess that scenario makes more sense than committing a boneheaded mistake 2 years in a row

25 minutes ago, NM1965 said:

22 minutes ago, ionel said:

Hey now ... he's smart enough to listen to Jimmy and go after the 3 Ferrari bros.  

21 minutes ago, NM1965 said:

Jimmy? 

20 minutes ago, ionel said:

I take it you've been away from the boards since 1965?  

17 minutes ago, NM1965 said:

Oh, Jimmy Cinnabon. LOL. 

😏

4cy8mu.jpg

D3

Edited by D3 for LU
  • Fire 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

22 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

some folks are saying that Schriever was injured and the staff wanted to give him as much time as possible to heal up and so they delayed the wrestle off until after the submission deadline had passed. I guess that scenario makes more sense than committing a boneheaded mistake 2 years in a row

it makes sense if the narrative you are trying to float is that Brands is an idiot...

Just now, Wrestleknownothing said:

When it comes to Big 10 seeding procedures, I think that is fair.

just as long as its said out loud and not framed as a joke that's supposed to be true.

Teske will get bouzakis off scale, then presumebly madrigal, shawver to make the finals.

7 minutes ago, ionel said:

Is it true Tom has a side job as speech writer for Kamala Harris, or do I have that backwards?  🤔

thats calling someone stupid blatantly so i don't mind.

1 hour ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

I’ll see what I can do this weekend and get back to you with the results of what I imagine. 

• Haha 1