The latest technology for videoing wrestling

Fadzaev2

26 minutes ago, Fadzaev2 said:

I see teams now videoing wrestling with Ipads......is it the way to go, and if so, what is the best Ipad to get and what accessories.  Fadz

How did this 15 year old post get into the new forum?  🙄

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Fadzaev2 said:

I see teams now videoing wrestling with Ipads......is it the way to go, and if so, what is the best Ipad to get and what accessories.  Fadz

The two programs are “level-changer” and “Mattboss”. both require iPads to use. Both seem great. 

i was looking into getting iPads for it this year but my managers/stat girls overwhelmingly voted to keep doing pencil and paper and it saved me money to get new competition uniforms. 

6 hours ago, ionel said:

How did this 15 year old post get into the new forum?  🙄

I never saw it!  Can you enlighten me/some of us???  I don't think they were using Ipads 15 year ago either......it was still camcorders/video cameras.  More new equipment now.

Edited by Fadzaev2

11 minutes ago, Fadzaev2 said:

I never saw it!  Can you enlighten me/some of us???  I don't think they were using Ipads 15 year ago either......it was still camcorders/video cameras.  More new equipment now.

original ipad development release in ~2002, been used for this sort of thing for a good dozen year, plus nothing magic about an ipad its just another tablet with a different operating system

1 minute ago, ionel said:

original ipad development release in ~2002, been used for this sort of thing for a good dozen year, plus nothing magic about an ipad its just another tablet with a different operating system

yes I may have rounded up

MatBoss is awesome

So my team has four iPads, we send two with varsity and two with our B/C team to record/keep track of all our matches. It syncs with Trackwrestling and you are able to pull down rosters and what not, makes book keeping a breeze. 

Generally we run with two iPads at an event so once one battery dies we can roll with the other and let the other one charge (tried an external battery but was more of a pain since its high school kids keeping track of it)

• Fire 1

On 11/1/2022 at 11:06 AM, nick said:

MatBoss is awesome

So my team has four iPads, we send two with varsity and two with our B/C team to record/keep track of all our matches. It syncs with Trackwrestling and you are able to pull down rosters and what not, makes book keeping a breeze. 

Generally we run with two iPads at an event so once one battery dies we can roll with the other and let the other one charge (tried an external battery but was more of a pain since its high school kids keeping track of it)

I've heard of MatBoss...thanks for the info