PSU at Iowa Prediction Summary

23 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

in b4 @ionel says “Messenbrink has a 0% chance of beating Caliendo”

Enjoy ionel but he's not my go to when it comes to wrestling knowledge.  I'll tell you how the match goes.  Caliendo who doesn't have a gas tank is going to be sucking wind by the end of the 2nd period.  The match will look identical to Caliendo vs KOT or Carr

Edited by PortaJohn

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

7 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Enjoy ionel but he's not my go to when it comes to wrestling knowledge.  I'll tell you how the match goes.  Caliendo who doesn't have a gas tank is going to be sucking wind by the end of the 2nd period.  The match will look identical to Caliendo vs KOT or Carr

Sorry, spelling joke. He seems to get a kick out of people’s names being misspelled

Edited by 1032004
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

His chance is about as high as Crooham’s

exactly

Also pretty sure Wkn is putting all his money on Crooham this post season, he had a data table on it.  🙂

Edited by ionel

2 hours ago, Caveira said:

Cstar may have been stalled out in carver with that performance against Rocco wells (tOSU) too.   Both on his feet and that pre post season stall ride on top.  Was a Pretty meh match.   

I honestly believe Carter was performing at 50-75% due to sort of illness? Just not sure. Same with Woods. He may have been ill because he too did not look the same - at all. Tonight Woods is going out pissed and Beau will have his hands full. My favorite match to watch!

I honestly believe Carter was performing at 50-75% due to sort of illness? Just not sure. Same with Woods. He may have been ill because he too did not look the same - at all. Tonight Woods is going out pissed and Beau will have his hands full. My favorite match to watch!

Diving at legs = free TDs for BB. Wrestling on emotion is a bad approach for Woods.

Seriously. Dude is one of the best counter attackers in the NCAA. Jesse Mendez recognized this and tried (and mostly succeeded, until he didn’t) to choose his spots very carefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Rassling said:

Tbar was one of my favorites. 

We know Jimmy Cinnabon isn't the real Jimmy Cinnabon of old.  There's also JimmyCinnabon and another Jimmy if not more.  How do we know Tbar isn't mascarading as a Jimmy?  

1 minute ago, Le duke said:

Diving at legs = free TDs for BB. Wrestling on emotion is a bad approach for Woods.

Seriously. Dude is one of the best counter attackers in the NCAA. Jesse Mendez recognized this and tried (and mostly succeeded, until he didn’t) to choose his spots very carefully.

Should be very interesting tonight! 

2 minutes ago, ionel said:

We know Jimmy Cinnabon isn't the real Jimmy Cinnabon of old.  There's also JimmyCinnabon and another Jimmy if not more.  How do we know Tbar isn't mascarading as a Jimmy?  

Come on ionel - please stop with that crap. It’s getting old man.

Edited by Rassling

18 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Maybe Woods will land the key lock this time. Could transition to a knee bar or heel hook to secure the submission. 

On 2/3/2024 at 6:40 PM, Le duke said:

He’s a true freshman who just went through the hardest week of training of his life. I don’t think one “bad” match, in which he scored a TD and *gave up* a single takedown, is enough to write off his body of work.

That said, 125.

1 hour ago, Rassling said:

My view of the match - It took seven minutes for the mat repellent on Rocco's knees to wear off.  Around the last minute you see Carter look at the clock and think "OK,  Not getting the tech so I may as well dance away the night cause I'm good with the win and him continuing to do nothing".  Rocco then does a few theatrical knee touches in the last minute (see, they can bend ref - I'm really trying) and comes away happy with his moral victory.  

Rocco's a good hand fighter and defensive stud from neutral but to really have a chance against Carter he will need to generate at least one real honest shot.  Only a freshman so it could develop and make him a real threat.  More likely scenerio this year is Rocco opens up and Carter gives him a lesson when then meet again.

I guess the PSU bias pays off with 3 HVI posters predicting the correct score, and 3 others only 1 PSU point off.

Our closest were @Dogbone and @MLB9 who both were 1 PSU point off and had 28-6, and then @Eagle26, @Barracuda141 and @Pinnacle who were 2 PSU points off.

Rathjen only got 7 winner votes.  @Wrestleknownothing did anyone get all 10 winners correct?

Edited by 1032004
  • Fire 2

18 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I guess the PSU bias pays off with 3 HVI posters predicting the correct score, and 3 others only 1 PSU point off.

Our closest were @Dogbone and @MLB9 who both were 1 PSU point off and had 28-6, and then @Eagle26, @Barracuda141 and @Pinnacle who were 2 PSU points off.

Rathjen only got 7 winner votes.  @Wrestleknownothing did anyone get all 10 winners correct?

Can you link to the original prediction thread, I can't seem to find it.  I know I changed mine after Wkn gave permission given the Arnold Kueter possibility but wasn't reflected in Wkn's final table.  

27 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

That stall on Kueter with 15 seconds left…I could have been a message board legend.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

In my case, blind squirrel finds a nut. 😀