Vito film on flow

Truzzcat

Cornell is my least favorite program.  That being said, film was well done..

He was lights out last year in his run thru NCAA's, US Open and then Worlds.

I never thought I'd see anyone be faster than RBY, but that finals match Vito turned it up big time.

Vito must have some type of mental thing going on (he even mentions this in his film).  He could look so dominate and then the next week lose to the same person he just tech'd or pinned.

Edited by Pish

46 minutes ago, Pish said:

Vito must have some type of mental thing going on (he even mentions this in his film).  He could look so dominate and then the next week lose to the same person he just tech'd or pinned.

Shocking that Cornell is your least favorite program.  You always have such nice things to say about them.

Vito has twice in his career lost to someone that he earlier beat in a dominant way:  future NCAA champion Patrick Glory, whom he pinned in the dual and then lost to in the EIWA final one year, then majored in the EIWA final and lost to in the NCAA semis the next year.  His only other career losses are to Rivera (who he never beat), Latona (who he beat 6-1 and then lost to when injured), and Crooham in their only meeting.

2 hours ago, BigRedFan said:

Shocking that Cornell is your least favorite program.  You always have such nice things to say about them.

Vito has twice in his career lost to someone that he earlier beat in a dominant way:  future NCAA champion Patrick Glory, whom he pinned in the dual and then lost to in the EIWA final one year, then majored in the EIWA final and lost to in the NCAA semis the next year.  His only other career losses are to Rivera (who he never beat), Latona (who he beat 6-1 and then lost to when injured), and Crooham in their only meeting.

Maybe watch the show before you come here with your condescending attitude. Vito himself brings this up. 

I thought the film was well done and I gave him props for his run last year. 

Why are you offended?  Because I don’t like Cornell?  Most fans on this site, hate PSU..doesn’t bother me

My reasons why they are my most least like team?  The whole lawyer thing they pulled a few years ago with Zain, Never liked Koll, comes across as a whiny prick,  I feel Cornell over the last 2 yrs has lost duals they easily win if they don’t duck. They promote events and then don’t wrestle (see last year vs tOSU). 

if you’re a fan of the team, good for you. Doesn’t mean everyone does. Just like many don’t like Iowa, PSU and others..

get some thicker skin..

• Fire 1

30 minutes ago, Pish said:

Maybe watch the show before you come here with your condescending attitude. Vito himself brings this up. 

I thought the film was well done and I gave him props for his run last year. 

Why are you offended?  Because I don’t like Cornell?  Most fans on this site, hate PSU..doesn’t bother me

My reasons why they are my most least like team?  The whole lawyer thing they pulled a few years ago with Zain, Never liked Koll, comes across as a whiny prick,  I feel Cornell over the last 2 yrs has lost duals they easily win if they don’t duck. They promote events and then don’t wrestle (see last year vs tOSU). 

if you’re a fan of the team, good for you. Doesn’t mean everyone does. Just like many don’t like Iowa, PSU and others..

get some thicker skin..

I'm not offended, thanks.  And thanks for giving your reasons.

Wrt the lawyer thing:  was their appeal successful, and therefore justified?  If they thought they had a sound basis for an appeal, should they not have appealed?  Do they not owe it to their wrestler to support him to the best of their ability?  Honest questions.

In 2021-22, they lost to Penn State, Lehigh, and Wisconsin.  All with full, expected lineups.  So, no ducking and losing that year.

In 2022-23, they lost to Wisconsin, Iowa State, and Ohio State (without Ungar (who missed the previous dual)/Yianni/Cornella (who missed the previous *three* duals)/Foca (whose replacement won)).  Only the Ohio State dual might have been won, but not easily, if Yianni had been there.  Do you think Yianni was ducking Sasso?  IIRC, Yianni didn't duck McKenna at their dual the year before.  So, Ungar missed the previous dual, Cornella missed the previous three duals:  were they ducking?

This year, they have lost to Iowa State (with the disputed injuries), Ohio State (with their best available team), and Lehigh (also with their best available team)

None of those matches would have been "easily won," had everyone been available.  Which duals did I miss that they would have won "easily" if not for ducking?  Honest question, again.

56 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

I'm not offended, thanks.  And thanks for giving your reasons.

Wrt the lawyer thing:  was their appeal successful, and therefore justified?  If they thought they had a sound basis for an appeal, should they not have appealed?  Do they not owe it to their wrestler to support him to the best of their ability?  Honest questions.

In 2021-22, they lost to Penn State, Lehigh, and Wisconsin.  All with full, expected lineups.  So, no ducking and losing that year.

In 2022-23, they lost to Wisconsin, Iowa State, and Ohio State (without Ungar (who missed the previous dual)/Yianni/Cornella (who missed the previous *three* duals)/Foca (whose replacement won)).  Only the Ohio State dual might have been won, but not easily, if Yianni had been there.  Do you think Yianni was ducking Sasso?  IIRC, Yianni didn't duck McKenna at their dual the year before.  So, Ungar missed the previous dual, Cornella missed the previous three duals:  were they ducking?

This year, they have lost to Iowa State (with the disputed injuries), Ohio State (with their best available team), and Lehigh (also with their best available team)

None of those matches would have been "easily won," had everyone been available.  Which duals did I miss that they would have won "easily" if not for ducking?  Honest question, again.

1.  I can’t imagine a world in which Cael would ever take a match and put it in the hands of a lawyer, if they did, I’d be done as a fan. That’s not sport, that bullshit IMO. 
2. Last year, Flo and all the bullshit hubbub for that match in Florida and then we got Cornell’s B team. If Grey didn’t want to wrestle anyone for whatever reason..then let Flo know in advance so people don’t waster their time

3. They clearly ducked Ramirez (You won’t convince me otherwise. They did it again with Fernandez..he ducks Pitt HWY but takes match against Bastida. 

4.  You just gave me examples of 4 losses over last couple years to teams they were better than. 

5. I hated the way they handled Shapiro earlier in the year. It was clear to anyone that the kid was concussed, but they let him continue anyway

i have no problem with the fans of Cornell, I don’t even mind the wrestlers. It’s the coaches. Koll and Grey have a lot to be desired in my opinion. 

I promise you, as a PSU fan if I ever saw something like what I saw against Iowa State and tOSU last year (coach losing the match by not trying and playing duck duck goose). I would no longer be a fan. 

I get it you’re a big Cornell fan and you’re going to defend them. 

When Cael decides to take a loss and put it in lawyers hands I’m out. If Cael decides to lose a couple matches every year because of seeding implications, I’m out.

Do you remember the match a few years ago when Schultz and Kerkliviet were supposed to wrestle?  Zeke Jones literally pulled Schultz back and wouldn’t let him wrestle Kerk. That was a clear duck and I assume you agree with that?  From an outsider perspective, what Cornell did in the Collegiate Duals this year was just as blatant IMO

Edited by Pish

6 hours ago, Pish said:

He was lights out last year in his run thru NCAA's, US Open and then Worlds.

I never thought I'd see anyone be faster than RBY, but that finals match Vito turned it up big time.

The word is “dominant”

• Fire 1

55 minutes ago, Pish said:

1.  I can’t imagine a world in which Cael would ever take a match and put it in the hands of a lawyer, if they did, I’d be done as a fan. That’s not sport, that bullshit IMO. 
2. Last year, Flo and all the bullshit hubbub for that match in Florida and then we got Cornell’s B team. If Grey didn’t want to wrestle anyone for whatever reason..then let Flo know in advance so people don’t waster their time

3. They clearly ducked Ramirez (You won’t convince me otherwise. They did it again with Fernandez..he ducks Pitt HWY but takes match against Bastida. 

4.  You just gave me examples of 4 losses over last couple years to teams they were better than. 

5. I hated the way they handled Shapiro earlier in the year. It was clear to anyone that the kid was concussed, but they let him continue anyway

i have no problem with the fans of Cornell, I don’t even mind the wrestlers. It’s the coaches. Koll and Grey have a lot to be desired in my opinion. 

I promise you, as a PSU fan if I ever saw something like what I saw against Iowa State and tOSU last year (coach losing the match by not trying and playing duck duck goose). I would no longer be a fan. 

I get it you’re a big Cornell fan and you’re going to defend them. 

When Cael decides to take a loss and put it in lawyers hands I’m out. If Cael decides to lose a couple matches every year because of seeding implications, I’m out.

Do you remember the match a few years ago when Schultz and Kerkliviet were supposed to wrestle?  Zeke Jones literally pulled Schultz back and wouldn’t let him wrestle Kerk. That was a clear duck and I assume you agree with that?  From an outsider perspective, what Cornell did in the Collegiate Duals this year was just as blatant IMO

I asked you a couple of questions, and you chose not to answer.  So, we're done.

Boggles my mind how people hold onto the whole 'Cornell lawyer' arguement from close to 5 years ago as a reason to not like Cornell by a coach that isn't even there anymore ... Feels like the same kind of people that are mad when they show Taylor Swift on tv during a football game for 3 seconds....

Anyway, I thought the film was great and hard not to like the guys that are all in it, all seemingly real and genuine human beings that care for each other. Love them in Greys' parents' basement before final x working out and shooting the shit which reminds me of my days with teammates in high school...  last but not least, I love what a family feel our sport has and how deep the relationships between coaches and athletes run.

Edited by Doublehalf
  • Fire 2

19 hours ago, Pinnacle said:

Does he mention his loss to Lehigh's Crookham? 

It comes up during his interview on The Bader Show - about 19min into the show.  Basically, he didn't have any knowledge about Crookham's background prior to the bout.

Edited by lu_alum

4 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

It comes up during his interview on The Bader Show - about 19min into the show.  Basically, he didn't have any knowledge about Crookham's background prior to the bout.

He knows now. I think Crookham gives him all he can handle next time too. 

My favorite scenes from the film were after Yianni lost match two showing everyone's mixed emotions as well as Yianni in the tunnel I thought that was a pretty powerful shot. As well as just how much Grey and Frank care for those guys. Im sure most every coach is like that, but it just was very prevalent in the film with how they would speak to Vito before and during his matches.