Will Starocci come back if....

forkemaz

I believe he would spank all of them.

He can spank them all he likes but his heel is going to touch the back of his head if he goes out there against Starocci.

It would be really funny if they weigh in Barraclough at 166.X, throw him out there at 174 and let Starocci kill Arnold if he goes at 184.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Is that even a thing anymore?  When was the last time they did that? 2016?

There were no world champions in 2020 because of COVID. Olympics got pushed back a year. I can only assume that they'll resume Olympic-year world championships for non-Olympic weights.

14 hours ago, peanut said:

There were no world champions in 2020 because of COVID. Olympics got pushed back a year. I can only assume that they'll resume Olympic-year world championships for non-Olympic weights.

True, but my understanding was that UWW did not have it on the schedule anyway in 2020?  (I wouldn't mind confirmation on this one way or another.)  Even if it wasn't on the schedule 3/13/20, it could have been added at a later date.

On 1/31/2024 at 12:18 PM, CHROMEBIRD said:

Endorsed by Logan Stieber

king of the watered-down accolades:

• 4x NCAA champ who really isn't & and master of the unforgotten, 5-3 1st Frosh season while wrestling attached.
  • Olympic-year World Champ, who won it at a non-Olympic weight after the top-tier guys had shut it down following the Olympics. 

On 2/1/2024 at 6:11 AM, forkemaz said:

Both are mentioned in the OP.... 

I never said they weren't. I was agreeing with another poster in what seems to be the consensus on this board that KOT will be going for 4 next year. I ne

On 2/1/2024 at 8:13 AM, forkemaz said:

He beat the bricks off Carr in the finals that guy is just salty.

And here is your response to the idea that KOT is the FAVORITE...but not quite the overwhelming favorite that the rest of the board is suggesting. 

"He beat the bricks off Carr." Which...FTR, not an expression I've heard. Beat the Breaks off, sure. But either way.

Did Carr not also "beat the bricks off," KOT earlier? Didn't he win 2 in a row? But it's WILD to say that O'Toole has a 45% chance, and Carr has a 30% chance?

Your response to "both are mentioned in the OP..." makes even less sense now when you go and echo exactly what I was talking about in my post...

On 2/2/2024 at 7:52 AM, lu_alum said:

king of the watered-down accolades:

• 4x NCAA champ who really isn't & and master of the unforgotten, 5-3 1st Frosh season while wrestling attached.
  • Olympic-year World Champ, who won it at a non-Olympic weight after the top-tier guys had shut it down following the Olympics. 

LOL..."watered down?"

4X NCAA Champ and...World Champ...and sure, that's a bit watered down, but the 4 Titles? But 4X NCAA Champ who "really isn't?" No, he really is. 

And please don't give me the "It was a TD by Oliver," shit. It was explicitly NOT a TD that year. Point of emphasis, you had to get your head out. That very position was gone over by the refs in coaches' meetings. 

Kinda like Football and what was a "catch" for a few years...but nonetheless, dude is a 4X Champ. 

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, scourge165 said:

I never said they weren't. I was agreeing with another poster in what seems to be the consensus on this board that KOT will be going for 4 next year. I ne

And here is your response to the idea that KOT is the FAVORITE...but not quite the overwhelming favorite that the rest of the board is suggesting. 

"He beat the bricks off Carr." Which...FTR, not an expression I've heard. Beat the Breaks off, sure. But either way.

Did Carr not also "beat the bricks off," KOT earlier? Didn't he win 2 in a row? But it's WILD to say that O'Toole has a 45% chance, and Carr has a 30% chance?

Your response to "both are mentioned in the OP..." makes even less sense now when you go and echo exactly what I was talking about in my post...

Both "beat the breaks" and beat the bricks" are sayings you are free to look that up and I prefer the latter for plenty of reasons but this isn't about proper metaphor....

O Toole won the last match handily, he is favored, this thread is a what if scenario where two favorites win and the wrestling community gets the biggest match in wrestling history. I can't beleive you're still crying about this and I also don't care if you are Carr's cousin, if you love wrestling you should be praying we get KOT vs Carter in a historic moment next year.