Little Rock defeats Oregon State

Thumper

I thought this was going to be a close match and that did indeed turn out to be the case.   Little Rock was helped a great deal by the win by FALL in the first match at 125 lbs with Little Rock's unranked Jeremiah Reno pinning Oregon State's # 15 ranked Brandon Kaylor to go out to a 6-0 lead at the start of last night's dual.

Little Rock is now 2-0 in PAC 12 duals this season with wins over Arizona State and Oregon State.  Surely this must be one of the signs of the apocalypse............right?  (J/K)

125: Reno FALL #15 Kaylor (4:26)
133: # 13 Bailey MD #28 Whisenhunt 13-4
141: # 18 Belton DEC Keck 7-5
149: # 18 Singleton DEC Dutton 11-8
157: Crosby DEC # 27 M. Bianchi 9-7
165: # 26 J. Bianchi MD Fouret 10-0
174: Olguin TF Abdon 20-4  (Olguin up from 165 and Little Rock without # 18 ranked Tyler Brennan)
184: # 4 Munoz DEC # 18 Wills 11-8
197: # 11 Little DEC # 28 Rademacher 7-2
HWT: # 28 Hill DEC # 17 McDermott 4-1

Ranking from Intermat other than Josiah Hill at 285 lbs (from WrestleStat) and Triston Wills at 184 lbs (also from WrestleStat)

Edited by Thumper
  • Fire 4

Next up for Little Rock @ Stanford scheduled for 3 p.m. PT on Sunday (4 p.m. MT - 5 p.m. CT).  This dual will be televised on the PAC 12 Bay Area channel.   If Little Rock wins this dual they will have swept all three of the actual PAC 12 wrestling teams this season.  

WrestleStat's dual comparison feature is projecting a Stanford win in this dual (21-10) but I see this dual as much closer.   Two of the ten weight classes appear to me to be toss-ups (either team could win) and at one weight class (165) they have Stanford's Hunter Garvin winning by decision over Little Rock's Joseph Bianchi yet Bianchi beat Garvin by MD (9-1) on the first of this month.

Edited by Thumper

How I see tomorrow's dual Little Rock @ Stanford:

125 - Reno vs. Provo - Provo by Dec - 0-3 Stanford

133 - Bailey vs. La Joie - Bailey by MD - 4-3 Little Rock

141 - Keck vs. Miranda - Miranda by Dec. - 4-6 Stanford

149 - Dutton vs Abas - Abas by Dec. - 4-9 Stanford

157 - Matt Bianchi vs Cardenas - Cardenas by Dec. - 4-12 Stanford

165 - Joseph Bianchi vs. Garvin - Bianchi by MD - 8-12 Stanford

174 - Abdon vs. Norman - Norman by MD - 8-16 Stanford 

184 - Wills vs. Darrah - Wills by MD - 12-16 - Stanford

197 - Little vs Stemmet - Little by Dec. - 15-16 Stanford

285 - Hill vs Ming - Hill by Dec. - 18-16 Little Rock

Again this dual will be on the PAC 12 Bay Area channel at 3 p.m. PT.

• Fire 2

The question about Little Rock that I'd like to know is what happens to their very improved wrestling team after this season?  With the implosion of the PAC 12 where do they go with their wrestling team?

• Fire 1

34 minutes ago, Thumper said:

The question about Little Rock that I'd like to know is what happens to their very improved wrestling team after this season?  With the implosion of the PAC 12 where do they go with their wrestling team?

This is the question you would like to know...:classic_dry:

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

I would love to see them in the Big 12 where they a cultural fit anyway, they never should have been in the PAC

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, MPhillips said:

This is the question you would like to know...:classic_dry:

6 hours ago, MPhillips said:

You need to take a reading comprehension course.  The question ABOUT LITTLE ROCK.

Edited by Thumper

4 hours ago, Cowboy08 said:

I would love to see them in the Big 12 where they a cultural fit anyway, they never should have been in the PAC

You're right about that but when they began their wrestling program about 5 years ago the PAC 12 was desperate to find a sixth wrestling program and Little Rock accepted their offer to join the PAC 12.

31 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

I love when you post. All the way back to the old forum...:classic_smile:

You can "love" whatever you wish to............but a reading comprehension course would do you some good nonetheless.

8 minutes ago, Cowboy08 said:

It's bizarre Little Rock is in the PAC and Cal Baptist is in the Big 12, should have been flipped

Poor Pac-12 leadership.... for a long time. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐