Ohio Bans Gender Affirming Medical and Mental Health Care for Transgender Children

9 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Oh No Wtf GIF by LilLetsOfficial

There you have it. Right from the horse's.... mouth. Flex on ChatJBT. You earned it! Bring him all the muffins and bagels in the land. The day is yours. You have vanquished another semantic argument that still makes you look like a hateful bigot! All while ignoring the fact that medical care for kids has been banned, because, I don't know, demons or something.  Not sure the payoff was worth it. C'est la vie.

The guys that thinks he’s always right. Wasn’t. Again.  I love this !!!!!!  Bahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahaheasy GIF

Edited by JimmyBT

1 minute ago, JimmyBT said:

You would think that someone that uses psycho word babble as much as you do would know that semantics matters.  

Why are you so scared of exploring your trauma? You clearly have some. Try using some of the mental health care opportunities that will soon NOT be offered to struggling children in Ohio. That's the important thing. Keep the marginalized under your boot where they belong. Until you can trot them out to scare people away from voting. 

2 hours ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Not clever, funny, or accurate. FYI, the kia one. Not the other/accurate one. 

Please tell me how a trans woman is a woman.   Put your definition in there for all to see.  

Regarding you question for me, gender confused children probably need counseling and other similar therapy.   When you start with puberty blockers and hormones or surgical remedies, that is where the line should be drawn. 

mspart

9 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Why are you so scared of exploring your trauma? You clearly have some. Try using some of the mental health care opportunities that will soon NOT be offered to struggling children in Ohio. That's the important thing. Keep the marginalized under your boot where they belong. Until you can trot them out to scare people away from voting. 

Don’t. Make. False. Statements. Like.  You.  Did.  It. Makes. You. Look.  Stupid. 

Edited by JimmyBT
  • Confused 1

The Ohio law states the following regarding mental health therapy:  https://legislature.ohio.gov/legislation/135/hb68

Sec. 3129.03. (A) Notwithstanding section 5122.04 of the Revised Code, no mental health
professional shall diagnose or treat a minor individual who presents for the diagnosis or treatment of
a gender-related condition without first obtaining the consent of one of the following:
(1) At least one parent of the minor individual;
(2) At least one legal custodian of the minor individual;
(3) The minor individual's guardian.

(B) No mental health professional shall diagnose or treat a minor individual who presents for
the diagnosis or treatment of a gender-related condition without screening the minor individual for
both of the following during the course of diagnosis and treatment:
(1) Other comorbidities that may be influencing the minor individual's gender-related
condition, including depression, anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, autism spectrum
disorder, and other mental health conditions;
(2) Physical, sexual, mental, and emotional abuse and other traumas.

...Sec. 3129.06. (A) Medical assistance provided under the medicaid program shall not include
coverage for gender transition services for minor individuals.
(B) This section does not apply to any of the following:
(1) The circumstances described in section 3129.04 of the Revised Code;
(2) Mental health services provided for a gender-related condition;
(3) Any services that are not gender transition services.

This does not stop mental health therapy, it just puts some restrictions on it.  The above is what the bill says. 

mspart

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, mspart said:

The Ohio law states the following regarding mental health therapy:  https://legislature.ohio.gov/legislation/135/hb68

Sec. 3129.03. (A) Notwithstanding section 5122.04 of the Revised Code, no mental health
professional shall diagnose or treat a minor individual who presents for the diagnosis or treatment of
a gender-related condition without first obtaining the consent of one of the following:
(1) At least one parent of the minor individual;
(2) At least one legal custodian of the minor individual;
(3) The minor individual's guardian.

(B) No mental health professional shall diagnose or treat a minor individual who presents for
the diagnosis or treatment of a gender-related condition without screening the minor individual for
both of the following during the course of diagnosis and treatment:
(1) Other comorbidities that may be influencing the minor individual's gender-related
condition, including depression, anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, autism spectrum
disorder, and other mental health conditions;
(2) Physical, sexual, mental, and emotional abuse and other traumas.

...Sec. 3129.06. (A) Medical assistance provided under the medicaid program shall not include
coverage for gender transition services for minor individuals.

(B) This section does not apply to any of the following:
(1) The circumstances described in section 3129.04 of the Revised Code;
(2) Mental health services provided for a gender-related condition;
(3) Any services that are not gender transition services.

This does not stop mental health therapy, it just puts some restrictions on it.  The above is what the bill says. 

mspart

I know somebody working at a Children's Hospital in Ohio...In practice it is much more severe than what the law says because of the potential legal and insurance issues. They won't be able to even refer people out of state to get care when it takes effect in April, although they are saying it will likely be held up in the courts (just like it has been in Arkansas).  

I think the bolded section above re medicaid might be causing a lot of the issues, since they won't be able to treat anybody on medicaid for this. 

15 hours ago, mspart said:

Please tell me how a trans woman is a woman.   Put your definition in there for all to see.  

Regarding you question for me, gender confused children probably need counseling and other similar therapy.   When you start with puberty blockers and hormones or surgical remedies, that is where the line should be drawn. 

mspart

I'm ok with this one = woman. If they want to present themselves as a woman, they can be considered a woman. If you had to refer to everyone by their names, only. Would it be difficult to address a big strong man as Tiffany if they asked? I don't really see a difference. Accept one wants to change the whole appearance to fit the name and one just wants to change the name. Why draw a line at all?

Sex vs Gender remember even within sex there are exceptions. 

You can agree or disagree with these. If you could elaborate a bit as to why, that would help move things forward. 

To your response to gender affirming care: I understand that's your opinion but shouldn't medical procedures (that have been tested and tried, that are also endorsed by many medical associations as useful/beneficial) be left to the parents, the children, and the doctors to determine is right for them? I'll just guess that your answer is some version of 'no'. So my follow up question, if you would be so kind, where would this end? Because if your answer to this is different, there's another conversation that pregnant people would like an answer to.  Medicine that has been done and shown to have beneficial effects is now banned for no good reason other than 'I think its icky' (the experiment angle is done, this stuff is not an experiment, its been tested and measured). That it happens to be practiced on children, at times, should give you no more pause then giving kids chemo for leukemia(similar side effects to gender affirming care). Does that bother you? (the chemo part, kids having leukemia bothers everyone, it sucks) The argument can be made that the treatment is used to help save their lives. One is from cancer. The other is from something less tangible but still devastating to members of the community. 

15 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

Don’t. Make. False. Statements. Like.  You.  Did.  It. Makes. You. Look.  Stupid. 

You're comfortable where you are at in life and don't want to sacrifice any little bit of your life to help others. Fine. If you worked for it, that's your choice. All while I try to convince you otherwise. You treat these as personal attacks. So you lash out. Like anyone would if they were being attacked. Then try to convince everyone that its not lashing it out. That is perfectly healthy name calling/trolling/gaslighting and that you shouldn't be taken seriously. But you should talk to someone. It might help you find peace. 

Good luck.

6 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

You're comfortable where you are at in life and don't want to sacrifice any little bit of your life to help others. Fine. If you worked for it, that's your choice. All while I try to convince you otherwise. You treat these as personal attacks. So you lash out. Like anyone would if they were being attacked. Then try to convince everyone that its not lashing it out. That is perfectly healthy name calling/trolling/gaslighting and that you shouldn't be taken seriously. But you should talk to someone. It might help you find peace. 

Good luck.

Face it you were wrong…… AGAIN.  And every Monday - Friday from 10am-1:00 pm I freely donate my time to helping at my local homeless shelter. No one is making me do it. It’s my choice to help.  While I’m doing that you’re usually on here “talking” about what should be done while doing NOTHING.  You get the help. I’ll continue to GIVE some help. Because I want to. 

you are the president of the “say” gooders club that does nothing but talk talk talk. 

Edited by JimmyBT

11 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Face it you were wrong…… AGAIN.  And every Monday - Friday from 10am-1:00 pm I freely donate my time to helping at my local homeless shelter. No one is making me do it. It’s my choice to help.  While I’m doing that you’re usually on here “talking” about what should be done while doing NOTHING.  You get the help. I’ll continue to GIVE some help. Because I want to. 

you are the president of the “say” gooders club that does nothing but talk talk talk. 

There is no reason to believe a word you say. 

5 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Says the dishonest troll. 

Btw, who’s dumber/worse???  The troll or the guy that keeps getting slapped around by the troll?  

Edited by JimmyBT

Or a 'person' that tries to convince themselves they are actually a decent and compassionate person when they express none of those traits in this medium. I hope you are telling the truth but I can't take you at your word based on our history. If that bothers you and you have to keep responding to prove it. Then you're just doing it for yourself. 

1 minute ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Or a 'person' that tries to convince themselves they are actually a decent and compassionate person when they express none of those traits in this medium. I hope you are telling the truth but I can't take you at your word based on our history. If that bothers you and you have to keep responding to prove it. Then you're just doing it for yourself. 

Again…… you don’t and won’t ever bother me.  It’s a pretty simple fix for you. Just scroll on by my comments and replies. But just can’t can you?  Bahahahahahahahaha

Edited by JimmyBT

2 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

I’m actually doing something other than talking about it. You do nothing but babble about what should be done. 

41 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

I'm ok with this one = woman. If they want to present themselves as a woman, they can be considered a woman. If you had to refer to everyone by their names, only. Would it be difficult to address a big strong man as Tiffany if they asked? I don't really see a difference. Accept one wants to change the whole appearance to fit the name and one just wants to change the name. Why draw a line at all?

Sex vs Gender remember even within sex there are exceptions. 

You can agree or disagree with these. If you could elaborate a bit as to why, that would help move things forward. 

To your response to gender affirming care: I understand that's your opinion but shouldn't medical procedures (that have been tested and tried, that are also endorsed by many medical associations as useful/beneficial) be left to the parents, the children, and the doctors to determine is right for them? I'll just guess that your answer is some version of 'no'. So my follow up question, if you would be so kind, where would this end? Because if your answer to this is different, there's another conversation that pregnant people would like an answer to.  Medicine that has been done and shown to have beneficial effects is now banned for no good reason other than 'I think its icky' (the experiment angle is done, this stuff is not an experiment, its been tested and measured). That it happens to be practiced on children, at times, should give you no more pause then giving kids chemo for leukemia(similar side effects to gender affirming care). Does that bother you? (the chemo part, kids having leukemia bothers everyone, it sucks) The argument can be made that the treatment is used to help save their lives. One is from cancer. The other is from something less tangible but still devastating to members of the community. 

You sure compare treating trans kids to treating diseases a lot. It’s almost like you’re saying trans is a disease.