Ohio Bans Gender Affirming Medical and Mental Health Care for Transgender Children

44 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

3 out of a grand total of 6 in the state. Definition of a solution in search of a problem. 

Find the displaced people. Find where there is a problem. Find the extent of the damage being caused. Figure out if there is problem to be fixed and what that solution might be. Railing against a new thing because it will disrupt the old thing(which is what it sounds like you're doing, without actual evidence of a problem) is not a reason to stop. Find some scholarship. Some studies. Anything. The 'Common Sense' argument doesn't hold water because our senses(you and I) are obviously different. Its not that common. There needs to be more. 

Ignore a problem, ignore the little girls impacted, make it ok because your group is singled out. I’m pointing out a problem with your new thing that no one seems to care about because it doesn’t fit their narrative.  It is common sense that the problem is being moved to another kid by allowing biological boys to compete with girls. 

56 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Yes, its old hat. Girls play and beat boys in boys sports sometimes. Tale as old as time.

And if we're talking about k-12 sports, I still haven't heard a good reason to keep them from doing it. Someone posted there are 6 total in the state and only 3 have been given the green light. I wonder what they had to go through to be cleared to play? Do you? It probably wasn't easy. But as sport teaches us, to persevere in the face of adversity is a noble endeavor. I hope they're better people for committing to their journey and come out better on the other side.  

You know there's more than just two sexes right? By that I mean there are more combinations of X and Y chromosomes than just XX or XY. 

I have a feeling you mean boy and girl in the XX/XY meanings of those words, but there are more variation out there. 

Nobody stops girls from participating in boys sports so quit using it as a point. Of those three that go on to participate what happens to the little girl they play in front of??  If there are 12 kids allowed on a basket ball team and boy transitioning is one of the 12 then he took a spot away from a little girl that would have been on the team. If there are five kids playing on the court at a time and one of them is the boy that transitioned he’s playing in instead of a little girl that would have been playing had he not been there.  It’s a fact and it’s proof that little girls are being impacted.  

1 hour ago, JimmyBT said:

Nobody stops girls from participating in boys sports so quit using it as a point. Of those three that go on to participate what happens to the little girl they play in front of??  If there are 12 kids allowed on a basket ball team and boy transitioning is one of the 12 then he took a spot away from a little girl that would have been on the team. If there are five kids playing on the court at a time and one of them is the boy that transitioned he’s playing in instead of a little girl that would have been playing had he not been there.  It’s a fact and it’s proof that little girls are being impacted.  

I was using it as a point of agreement. But that they still needed to push and fight to get the opportunities to participate in boy's sports. Because some people, like you, didn't want things to change and fought(and still fight) to keep girls out of boys sports. 

Not that you could or would see the parallel but us agreeing on that, negates your point. Things change. This will. No matter how hard you fight, you're still on the wrong side of history. I imagine being the bad guy over and over would put a sour taste in your mouth and you would learn. But as you have confessed to enjoy riling people up for no reason, I bet it won't happen publicly. So keep yelling at clouds. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6626312/

Transgender individuals who undergo gender-affirming medical or surgical therapies are at risk for infertility. Suppression of puberty with gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist analogs (GnRHa) in the pediatric transgender patient can pause the maturation of germ cells, and thus, affect fertility potential. Testosterone therapy in transgender men can suppress ovulation and alter ovarian histology, while estrogen therapy in transgender women can lead to impaired spermatogenesis and testicular atrophy.

https://segm.org/ajp_correction_2020

Correction of a Key Study: No Evidence of “Gender-Affirming” Surgeries Improving Mental Health

Allowing scientific debate in transgender medicine improves evidence basis

In October 2019, the American Journal of Psychiatry (AJP) published a study from the Karolinska Institute in Sweden, and the Yale School of Public Health which reported that “gender-affirming" surgeries for gender dysphoric patients are associated with improved mental health outcomes (1). Looking at mental health utilization in the year 2015, a retrospective analysis showed that the more time passed since surgery, the fewer mental services were utilized by patients, with an average 8% reduction in mental health utilization for each year following surgery. From this, the study concluded that surgery has a beneficial effect on mental health, and that benefits continue to accrue over time. However, following a reanalysis of the data, this conclusion has now been officially corrected to indicate that there is “no advantage of surgery.”

So gender affirming care including puberty blockers and hormones raises the risk of infertility.   This is chemical sterilization.   So to support gender affirming care of this sort is to support the sterilization of minors.   And don't say this is not aimed at minors because they would be the only ones using puberty blockers.   Don't be daft. 

Gender affirming surgeries was first found that it resulted in decreased use of mental health services.   But after a lot of people objected and said the study was wrong, the data was analyzed and found that there was no change actually.  Mental health services requests did not change after gender affirming surgery.   Now if you are an adult and opt for this, you should be aware of this.   But a minor should never be physically sterilized via gender affirming care.   This is monstrous to do to our children.   So the Ohio legislature is completely, 100%, and in all other ways completely correct in overriding the veto.  

We now know that these things are true.  But if we didn't and were wondering about it, that would not be reason to not accept this kind of care for minors.   It is not care, it is sexual, psychological, and physical abuse of minors.  

mspart

• Fire 2

20 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

It reminds me of how funny the people/party that say “my body my choice” are  but then scream about people should be forced to get Covid shots.  

What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Since you refuse to prove your point. You're wrong, its just common sense. 

10 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Since you refuse to prove your point. You're wrong, its just common sense. 

You seem to be under the impression that within this anonymous message board bears the reality of what is right and wrong, truth and delusion, and that it all factors in whether or not an anonymous poster proves it beyond the shadow of doubt on this anonymous message board.  

• Fire 1

15 minutes ago, mspart said:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6626312/

Transgender individuals who undergo gender-affirming medical or surgical therapies are at risk for infertility. Suppression of puberty with gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist analogs (GnRHa) in the pediatric transgender patient can pause the maturation of germ cells, and thus, affect fertility potential. Testosterone therapy in transgender men can suppress ovulation and alter ovarian histology, while estrogen therapy in transgender women can lead to impaired spermatogenesis and testicular atrophy.

https://segm.org/ajp_correction_2020

Correction of a Key Study: No Evidence of “Gender-Affirming” Surgeries Improving Mental Health

Allowing scientific debate in transgender medicine improves evidence basis

In October 2019, the American Journal of Psychiatry (AJP) published a study from the Karolinska Institute in Sweden, and the Yale School of Public Health which reported that “gender-affirming" surgeries for gender dysphoric patients are associated with improved mental health outcomes (1). Looking at mental health utilization in the year 2015, a retrospective analysis showed that the more time passed since surgery, the fewer mental services were utilized by patients, with an average 8% reduction in mental health utilization for each year following surgery. From this, the study concluded that surgery has a beneficial effect on mental health, and that benefits continue to accrue over time. However, following a reanalysis of the data, this conclusion has now been officially corrected to indicate that there is “no advantage of surgery.”

So gender affirming care including puberty blockers and hormones raises the risk of infertility.   This is chemical sterilization.   So to support gender affirming care of this sort is to support the sterilization of minors.   And don't say this is not aimed at minors because they would be the only ones using puberty blockers.   Don't be daft. 

Gender affirming surgeries was first found that it resulted in decreased use of mental health services.   But after a lot of people objected and said the study was wrong, the data was analyzed and found that there was no change actually.  Mental health services requests did not change after gender affirming surgery.   Now if you are an adult and opt for this, you should be aware of this.   But a minor should never be physically sterilized via gender affirming care.   This is monstrous to do to our children.   So the Ohio legislature is completely, 100%, and in all other ways completely correct in overriding the veto.  

We now know that these things are true.  But if we didn't and were wondering about it, that would not be reason to not accept this kind of care for minors.   It is not care, it is sexual, psychological, and physical abuse of minors.  

mspart

All of these points are fair. If this study and the conclusions are true. There should be no reason to ban the process or practice altogether. This is more information that parents and kids could use to make their health care decisions decisions. Medications have side effects. We know this. 

What is gained by forcefully discontinuing this practice across the board? Along with any mental health care they could use/benefit from? 

Seems cruel and ignorant to ban something that so few people utilize and benefit from(medical/mental health care). 

40 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

You seem to be under the impression that within this anonymous message board bears the reality of what is right and wrong, truth and delusion, and that it all factors in whether or not an anonymous poster proves it beyond the shadow of doubt on this anonymous message board.  

Word salad garbage, to rationalize away your reason for honestly contributing.  

Not shadow of doubt. Any proof that isn't just opinion.

I am interested in opinions as much as to determine if someone is honest in how they came about them. If they aren't going to be honest or are unwilling to share the pedigree, there is no reason to continue. As these are sensitive issues, I can understand how difficult it might be to have an unpopular opinion and not wanting to share it. Mine are, seemingly, unpopular here. That may be due to the population that choose to frequent this site. I am not shy about my opinions and my reasons for having them. 

1 hour ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

It still is happening soooooooooo. S. L. O. W. 

16 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

I am interested in opinions as much as to determine if someone is honest in how they came about them. If they aren't going to be honest or are unwilling to share the pedigree, there is no reason to continue. As these are sensitive issues, I can understand how difficult it might be to have an unpopular opinion and not wanting to share it. Mine are, seemingly, unpopular here. That may be due to the population that choose to frequent this site. I am not shy about my opinions and my reasons for having them. 

Says the queen of word salad.  It’s all you have. Oh sorry and name calling. 

3 hours ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

I was using it as a point of agreement. But that they still needed to push and fight to get the opportunities to participate in boy's sports. Because some people, like you, didn't want things to change and fought(and still fight) to keep girls out of boys sports. 

Not that you could or would see the parallel but us agreeing on that, negates your point. Things change. This will. No matter how hard you fight, you're still on the wrong side of history. I imagine being the bad guy over and over would put a sour taste in your mouth and you would learn. But as you have confessed to enjoy riling people up for no reason, I bet it won't happen publicly. So keep yelling at clouds. 

More psycho babble from a groomer 

• Fire 1

23 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

You’re reasons for having them are clear.  You can’t make it in this world without help.  

Just now, ThreePointTakedown said:

Did you not understand what I said? I'll bet you don't. Since you can't admit you do. Because then you deliberately ignored it. I'll assume you don't. Want me to explain it... slowly? 

Keep ASSuming.  

8 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Own goals are great when you can get them. 

There isn’t a person on here that’s interacted with you that hasn’t owned you. It must be hard to wake up everyday knowing that it’s grounds hogs day