Border Wars

Just now, WrestlingRasta said:

I’m not missing your point, I’m disagreeing with it. I’m saying people aren’t going there because it’s a shitty country with a totalitarian leader, compared to the great nation of the United States.  The numbers would seem to agree with that. 

Yes this is why the bill did not pass.   Would anyone vote FOR a bill like that?  It codifies what is already taking place at the border.  And general consensus is what is taking place at the border is wrong and needs to be fixed.

mspart

• Bob 1

Is it better to pass an imperfect bill that can pass or wait until the day when Republicans can pass their dream legislation? A day that most likely never comes? 

Even in the most optimistic projections for the Senate, I've only seen a 54 seat majority for Republicans, with 51 more likely. In the House, it looks like maybe a 10 seat majority. Meanwhile they may not have the presidency. And some of the Republicans elected may not be more hawkish than the bill that failed. 

Seems to me like incremental wins that you can get today are good and don't prevent further incremental wins in the future. And of course the 60 billion to Ukraine as a reason was made LOL worthy when that passed with Republicans getting nothing for it.

1 minute ago, Offthemat said:

Your characterization is bad, it was much closer to a dream dimocrat bill.  It was only favorable among trans-republicans.  A new law isn’t necessary, just enforce the existing laws like Trump did - and will. 

Democrats control the Senate and Presidency. Obviously it's going to be closer to what they want, they hold more cards. 

Unless the House objects, which is in R hands.   This is why split government is the way to go.    Bad ideas don't get through.   And this was a BAD idea.   Codify what has been going on at the border is no solution. 

mspart

Edited by mspart
  • Bob 2

4 hours ago, Danny Deck said:

Is it better to pass an imperfect bill that can pass or wait until the day when Republicans can pass their dream legislation? A day that most likely never comes? 

Even in the most optimistic projections for the Senate, I've only seen a 54 seat majority for Republicans, with 51 more likely. In the House, it looks like maybe a 10 seat majority. Meanwhile they may not have the presidency. And some of the Republicans elected may not be more hawkish than the bill that failed. 

Seems to me like incremental wins that you can get today are good and don't prevent further incremental wins in the future. And of course the 60 billion to Ukraine as a reason was made LOL worthy when that passed with Republicans getting nothing for it.

passing imperfect bills is bad business. once a law, the policy will NEVER go away.

and to say this bill is imperfect is like saying jeff dahmer just had different tastes

• Brain 1

Where she lives it’s illegal to own a firearm no?   Wonder why she won’t answer what type it is lol 

It’s not illegal to own a firearm in any state in the US.

Surely this is an act. Right? You can’t believe what you just typed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk