iowa perdue

While being bored during that last match... Tim started irritating me.

It's "height" - not "heighth."

I see the confusion with "length" and "width", so it's understandable.

But, just the same, please stop. You are a professional commentator. It's "height." Please pronounce it that way.

OK, I feel better - hopefully now back to better wrestling than that Franek snoozefest.

1 minute ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

While being bored during that last match... Tim started irritating me.

It's "height" - not "heighth."

I see the confusion with "length" and "width", so it's understandable.

But, just the same, please stop. You are a professional commentator. It's "height." Please pronounce it that way.

OK, I feel better - hopefully now back to better wrestling than that Franek snoozefest.

if he go back to the IPTV days, he had THE MOST ANNOYING habit of talking about how knowledgeable the iowa fans were when someone would yell stalling. 

• Fire 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

1 minute ago, Hammerlock3 said:

if he go back to the IPTV days, he had THE MOST ANNOYING habit of talking about how knowledgeable the iowa fans were when someone would yell stalling. 

To be fair, back in the day, esp in the 00's, stalling was THE strategy to success that the entire sport adopted.  Wrestling back then was boring as hell.  The stalling calls did used to be warranted, especially against those okie state teams.

6 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

To be fair, back in the day, esp in the 00's, stalling was THE strategy to success that the entire sport adopted.  

never heard this, and i was talking about earlier than that, like mid 80's onward.

Edited by Hammerlock3

1 minute ago, Hammerlock3 said:

never heard this, and i was talking about earlier than that, like mid 80's onward.

I hesitate to admit this, but I do remember that as a kid. IPTV was the best wrestling coverage around and we could actually get it in southern Minnesota if you had a high-quality antenna and the weather was right.

1 minute ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I hesitate to admit this, but I do remember that as a kid. IPTV was the best wrestling coverage around and we could actually get it in southern Minnesota if you had a high-quality antenna and the weather was right.

i just meant i never heard that stalling took over college wrestling in the 00s

4 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

Ah, well, I was not around for the 80's stuff.  But the 00's was when I was wrestling high school/college, and my god was that a boring era of wrestling.  It was the decade of the dropdown single leg ride, the side headlock, and living life on the out of bounds line.  All the rules that have been implemented to make the sport better are because of the bad/lazy competitive behavior of that decade.  

8 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I hadn't either. I was referring to the 'knowledgeable' fans habit Tim had.

My bad, in hindsight it is a random addition, I just meant that it was an era during which the “stalling” calls from the rafters were very justified.

If you go back and watch the average match from that era it was terrible.  It’s 100% not a coincidence that internationally this was the US’s worst decade ever.  College wrestling was all about stalling, there was such incredibly limited technical progression bc emphasis was entirely on when and where to just hang on and do nothing.

1 minute ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Glazier has been a pleasant surprise this year. It appalls me that the coaching staff wanted to replace him with the uberdouche

who is still constantly posting ego lifts from the iowa wrestling room.....i guess they want him next year? Enroll all three at once?

2 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Glazier has been a pleasant surprise this year. It appalls me that the coaching staff wanted to replace him with the uberdouche

edit: a rather anticlimactic way to get the tech fall 

Maybe Brands just wanted a discount on wifi blocking rocks 

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, ionel said:

Didn't Glazier lose to the Focus before he technically beat the Focus so is he really undefeated? 

... was losing to. Didn't actually lose. Subtle difference.

(Kind of a fat lady singing type situation.)

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth

3 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

who is still constantly posting ego lifts from the iowa wrestling room.....i guess they want him next year? Enroll all three at once?

Any chance he saved up a bunch of videos and is gradually posting them over time?

and geeze I hope not.  It really looks like the rest of the team have had more than their fill of the two elder brothers.

2 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

... was losing to. Didn't actually lose. Subtle difference.

(Kind of a fat lady singing type situation.)

So kind've like losing at the All Star, everyone knows you lost but it doesn't really count as a loss?  🙄

2 minutes ago, ionel said:

So kind've like losing at the All Star, everyone knows you lost but it doesn't really count as a loss?  🙄

Not entirely dissimilar... but not the same.

All Star loss is as LOSS. It just doesn't count against your record.

A loss before the fat lady sings is a loss. It feels more like a really close almost-win, yet is still a loss.