Hunter - Ruh Roh

mspart

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2024-01-16/cocaine-residue-was-found-on-hunter-bidens-gun-pouch-in-2018-case-prosecutors-say

WASHINGTON (AP) — Federal prosecutors urged a judge on Tuesday to reject Hunter Biden’s efforts to dismiss the gun charges against him, revealing that investigators last year found cocaine residue on the pouch the president’s son used to hold his gun.

In pressing for the case against President Joe Biden’s son to proceed, prosecutors said “the strength of the evidence against him is overwhelming" and pushed back against Hunter Biden's claims that he is being singled out for political purposes.

So why were they willing to drop the gun charges earlier in the sweetheart plea deal.   Can someone tell me that?   Has this been a huge deal in the media.   I haven't heard about it until now.   It just keeps getting better and better.   What else is DOJ  not divulging  until absolutely necessary on this case.   It sounds to me like it is a slam door case against Hunter in both the gun and tax charges.   But because he is Joe's son, he was given a sweetheart plea deal that thankfully was not upheld in court.  

Of course there is nothing wrong here I can hear it now.  

mspart

31 minutes ago, mspart said:

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2024-01-16/cocaine-residue-was-found-on-hunter-bidens-gun-pouch-in-2018-case-prosecutors-say

So why were they willing to drop the gun charges earlier in the sweetheart plea deal.   Can someone tell me that?  

good question. sounds like some wires were crossed. 

iirc both the prosecutor and the defense agreed to drop the gun charges but it was the judge who said 'whoa. i can't agree to that.'

i could be wrong though. can't keep them all straight. 

• Haha 1

TBD

1 minute ago, Husker_Du said:

good question. sounds like some wires were crossed. 

iirc both the prosecutor and the defense agreed to drop the gun charges but it was the judge who said 'whoa. i can't agree to that.'

i could be wrong though. can't keep them all straight. 

No, the judge objected to the proposed immunity offered to Hunter.  Judge's typically have no authority over what charges a person faces from the prosecutors, but can refuse to accept the terms of an agreement.  Some federal courts allow for full on plea agreements, but many of them basically just allow for "recommendations" with the judge having the final call on a sentence.  I'm not entirely certain which type of jurisdiction Hunter was in then or is in now; I practice at a state level.  Now, in a real world setting, judges can...make their displeasure known, which can have effects in the different offices, but if a prosecutor wants to drop a charge, the judge can not stop them.

30 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Certainly looking more and more like he’s going to do some jail time. 

i know everything seems politically charged. and the MSM and the WH claims it is, too.

but in Hunter's case i think the opposite is clearly true.

if this guy and his laundry list of activities wasn't connected to a political figure he would have been in trouble long ago.

• Confused 1

TBD