Woke Fails

Husker_Du

4 minutes ago, mspart said:

BB, you just want to put people in buckets.  But there are no real buckets.   All Black people do not think alike.   All Asians do not think alike.   All gays do not think alike.  All whites do not think alike.  All Ds do not think alike.  All Rs do not think alike.   All posters on a wrestling chat board don't think alike.  The real racial antipathy is putting minorities in buckets and saying they are all the same and all need the same help.  That is pure racism. 

Regarding equality, no one that I know is against equal opportunity.   Very few people that I know are actually for equal results.  If you are for equity, why aren't you for everyone being a congressperson that wants to be?  Why are elections held?  So we can hopefully discern who is best for that role.   You practice inequity whenever you vote sir.    You practice inequity whenever you buy this cereal over that cereal.  You practice inequity whenever you have the plumber to fix something and not call some other plumber.   You practice inequity all the time and probably never stop to think about it. 

mspart

Obviously,  there are many opposed to it,  as I've documented for you,  and as I've been doing for 28 years. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

5 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

2022, same as 2021, same as 2020, same as 2019 ...

Seems a bit of 'chicken little' is infecting you all of a sudden.

As Sonny and Cher said: "And the beat goes on. "

This is one reason we need to not re-elect ANY incumbent legislators.  Elect 535 guys and gals who can't find their way to Washington.  Poof, problem solved.  Federal spending slashed. 

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, jross said:

Being legal doesn't make it right!

Glad to hear that finally!

During the four years that Deuce pushed the boundaries of legality during his four years,  I lost count at the number of times that people supporting him would then say,  "well,  it's not illegal,  is it"? 

The bar of decency and morality lowered to the ground for the "law and order" crowd. 

• Fire 1

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

2 hours ago, headshuck said:

Bring on the Zalensky/Ukraine smokescreen.

Nah,  I prefer the border or no cash bail smokescreen.

Keep 'em angry and stupid over something that doesn't affect them. 

On 12/21/2022 at 6:28 AM, headshuck said:

Bring on the Zalensky/Ukraine smokescreen.

It is amazing how many Republicans- from the party that spent nearly $10 trillion on a largely useless “War on Terror”- don’t understand that spending less than 1% of that amount to help Ukraine defend itself is the highest leverage defense investment the US will ever make.

https://cepa.org/article/its-costing-peanuts-for-the-us-to-defeat-russia/

Edited by Mike Parrish

My comments are related to the 1.7 trillion budget that the Ukraine funding carried across the line with little chance of debate by representatives of either party. 4000+ pages delivered at the last moment and Mitch McConnell saying “funding Ukraine is “number one priority” for most Republicans.” Really? Even if true, what does that have to do with the other 99% of the budget?

As an independent most days, I hope the US isn’t dragged into a war with Russia, and our ally’s don’t freeze to death this winter.

On 12/21/2022 at 10:08 AM, Mike Parrish said:

What statute was violated by Twitter during any of this.

There's lots of rending of hair and wearing of sackcloth, but nobody seems to be able to point to anything even slightly illegal, which was the hue and cry from the beginning.

1st amendment, civil rights violation.

The First Amendment applies to government oversight and action, private individuals are permitted to behave differently and may place rules or restrictions on your ability to freely speak.There are some limited situations in which an individual is technically liable for First Amendment violations. First, if you can prove that a single person is acting in conspiracy with the government to restrict a person’s rights, you may have a case. Additionally, some states have created their own, more stringent protections of people’s rights, and in these situations, your protections for free speech, religious practice and more may be more comprehensive than what is offered in the Bill of Rights.

Title 18, U.S.C., Section 241 - Conspiracy Against Rights 

This statute makes it unlawful for two or more persons to conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person of any state, territory or district in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right (speech) or privilege secured to him/her by the Constitution or the laws of the United States, (or because of his/her having exercised the same).

It further makes it unlawful for two or more persons (FBI agent and Twitter employee) to go in disguise with the intent to prevent or hinder his/her free exercise or enjoyment of any rights so secured.

Punishment varies from a fine or imprisonment of up to ten years, or both

18 minutes ago, RYou said:

1st amendment, civil rights violation.

The First Amendment applies to government oversight and action, private individuals are permitted to behave differently and may place rules or restrictions on your ability to freely speak.There are some limited situations in which an individual is technically liable for First Amendment violations. First, if you can prove that a single person is acting in conspiracy with the government to restrict a person’s rights, you may have a case. Additionally, some states have created their own, more stringent protections of people’s rights, and in these situations, your protections for free speech, religious practice and more may be more comprehensive than what is offered in the Bill of Rights.

Title 18, U.S.C., Section 241 - Conspiracy Against Rights 

This statute makes it unlawful for two or more persons to conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person of any state, territory or district in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right (speech) or privilege secured to him/her by the Constitution or the laws of the United States, (or because of his/her having exercised the same).

It further makes it unlawful for two or more persons (FBI agent and Twitter employee) to go in disguise with the intent to prevent or hinder his/her free exercise or enjoyment of any rights so secured.

Good luck trying to get that through summary judgement.

The "speech" was on Twitter which is a property owned by a corporation, thus not protected by the First Amendment.

On 12/23/2022 at 4:56 AM, Mike Parrish said:

It is amazing how many Republicans- from the party that spent nearly $10 trillion on a largely useless “War on Terror”- don’t understand that spending less than 1% of that amount to help Ukraine defend itself is the highest leverage defense investment the US will ever make.

https://cepa.org/article/its-costing-peanuts-for-the-us-to-defeat-russia/

i don't mean to be radical, but i feel like in many ways the typical characteristics of 'D's and 'R's have 'flipped' in the last few years alone.

this is one of them (and maybe the biggest/most obvious)

• Fire 2

TBD

On 12/23/2022 at 7:47 AM, Mike Parrish said:

Good luck trying to get that through summary judgement.

The "speech" was on Twitter which is a property owned by a corporation, thus not protected by the First Amendment.

On 12/23/2022 at 7:28 AM, RYou said:

You are not recognizing this is a criminal statute.  Good luck trying to get a summary judgement hearing.