So Scuff stuff...

22 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

Rule for a Flagrant Misconduct (which apparently is the ruling for this match):

Art. 3. Wrestler — Prematch, Match or Postmatch Period — Tournament. A flagrant misconduct violation during a tournament shall be penalized by the deduction of one team point, removal from the premises for the remainder of the event, declaration of the opponent as the winner and two team points awarded for advancement. Additionally, the wrestler charged with the flagrant misconduct will not be credited with points earned before the incident, nor receive placement points or an individual tournament award.

Stanford is at 135.5 now .  Does anyone know if all the team points were deducted from the DQ/? I looked at score shortly after match and team score was 135. It doesn't appear the points were deducted.

30 minutes ago, Spladle88 said:

Probably got tired of listening to Ward's whining and screaming from Army Corner and took it out on Pasiuk......

Really. It seems you must have gotten beat pretty bad by Ward. 

8 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Stanford is at 135.5 now .  Does anyone know if all the team points were deducted from the DQ/? I looked at score shortly after match and team score was 135. It doesn't appear the points were deducted.

Stanford had 2 guys at the weight so computer figures top scorer and it didn't deduct as many as it looks like it should have

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

Stanford had 2 guys at the weight so computer figures top scorer and it didn't deduct as many as it looks like it should have

I was wondering about that.  Can they wait until the placement matches to pick who to count, or even after the whole thing is over?

Norman had 3.5 bonus points plus 3 placement points plus 6 advancement points, whereas his replacement had 1 bonus point plus four advancement points.  So net loss of 7.5 points?

Edited by BigRedFan
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

I was wondering about that.  Can they wait until the placement matches to pick who to count, or even after the whole thing is over?

Arena does it as you go. If they were to keep flip-flopping it would keep figuring it with the higher after every bout finishes. They could also have the coaches tell who they want to score but generally anymore they let the computer do the figuring.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, flyingcement said:

One for this tournament but this has become a bit of a habit for him.  

I can not believe that Nickerson keeps him on the roster. It is a disgrace.

• Fire 2

1 minute ago, gimpeltf said:

Last year? I see one there

Last year officially it looks like he had one DQ at the Cougar Clash and then another which is listed as INJ Loss to Tanner Cook.  

As these issues arose, there were other videos of him in high school doing similar things to folks - aiming to injure

• Clown 1

That bout last year should have been termed a dq- they changed that a few years back. Was always a default  (say after a slam without slammee continuing) but college redefined that at some point. Everyone called it a DQ anyway so I guess the committee decided to go with it. HS still calls it a default unless deemed intentional.

• Fire 2