Heavyweight huskers

jajensen09

• jajensen09 changed the title to Heavyweight huskers

While it would be great for the Huskers. Nash is listed at 330 and transitioned his body to be "lean" 330 last offseason.  His goal is the NFL and shirking his body to wrestle a semester doesn't really make sense.  

Fun story but most likely he is using wrestling workouts to get better at football and stay in shape similar to Tanner Farmer. 

• Fire 2

22 minutes ago, Dogbone said:

While it would be great for the Huskers. Nash is listed at 330 and transitioned his body to be "lean" 330 last offseason.  His goal is the NFL and shirking his body to wrestle a semester doesn't really make sense.  

Fun story but most likely he is using wrestling workouts to get better at football and stay in shape similar to Tanner Farmer. 

Maybe this is why pentz left?

He's a nose tackle. He's not cutting down to 285 unless he doesn't feel there is NFL potential so he is going to give wrestling a last hurrah.

But this is awesome

1) for the Nebraska room

2) for his sizzle reel because "trains with one of the top wrestling teams in the country in the offseason" is buzzworthy. Coaches love to spout "wrestling teaches footwork and leverage and the media eats it up.

3) for the sport of wrestling by getting our name out there 

• Fire 2

i am an idiot on the internet

6 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

He's a nose tackle. He's not cutting down to 285 unless he doesn't feel there is NFL potential so he is going to give wrestling a last hurrah.

But this is awesome

1) for the Nebraska room

2) for his sizzle reel because "trains with one of the top wrestling teams in the country in the offseason" is buzzworthy. Coaches love to spout "wrestling teaches footwork and leverage and the media eats it up.

Maybe there is a big nil deal for him to wrestle for a semester..

14 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

Maybe there is a big nil deal for him to wrestle for a semester..

I would love to see it. The Polar Bear was a freak wrestler in HS. He was an honorable mention Big 10 all conference for football. It would be very surprising to see him make 285, he is a big boy.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Gus said:

I would love to see it. The Polar Bear was a freak wrestler in HS. He was an honorable mention Big 10 all conference for football. It would be very surprising to see him make 285, he is a big boy.

I agree. However with nebraska not making a bowl game, it gives him more time to adjust his body if he chooses to

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

But this is awesome

1) for the Nebraska room

There's been rumblings even before this. He has a long off season. It could happen

1 hour ago, jajensen09 said:

I agree. However with nebraska not making a bowl game, it gives him more time to adjust his body if he chooses to

If he actually weight 330 he would have to drop 45 pounds. It would take 10 weeks on a 1.5% per week descent just to get down to 285.

• Fire 1

If he actually weight 330 he would have to drop 45 pounds. It would take 10 weeks on a 1.5% per week descent just to get down to 285.

Good point. But I’m guessing that’s a bit exaggerated. Let’s say he’s 315.

He could easily drop 7-8lbs a week in December and clock in at 289 around the New Year. Certify, and he’s a week from wrestling at 285.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, jajensen09 said:

I just did some digging. Nah is listed on track wrestling!! No weight listed?? Can anyone explain this

Screenshot_20231208_192708_Chrome.jpg

Interesting. The prospects of him wrestling are looking up. I would also guess that means he is whooping up on Harley Andrews otherwise why would he come out.