Who should be #1 at 125?

22 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Which others?

Multiple wrestlers did not wrestle this weekend and stayed the same in the rankings.  My favorite heavyweight, Wyatt Hendrickson hasn't wrestled a match all year and is still ranked #2, for instance.  Fix.  Vito.  Latona. Cannon.

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

8 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Multiple wrestlers did not wrestle this weekend and stayed the same in the rankings.  My favorite heavyweight, Wyatt Hendrickson hasn't wrestled a match all year and is still ranked #2, for instance.

I don’t think they necessarily  “punished guys for not wrestling,” moreso the lack of wrestling enabled other guys to compile similar resumes.

For example Camacho got to #1 by beating Ramos, but then Provo beat Ramos as well as multiple other ranked guys at CKLV.   

I think one thing that you can probably debate with Flo rankings is how much should last year results count.   With Hendrickson, when you consider last year he still has a far better resume than everyone below him.   Provo/Camacho was unique since Camacho didn’t wrestle last season and Provo is clearly much improved.

7 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I don’t think they necessarily  “punished guys for not wrestling,” moreso the lack of wrestling enabled other guys to compile similar resumes.

For example Camacho got to #1 by beating Ramos, but then Provo beat Ramos as well as multiple other ranked guys at CKLV.   

I think one thing that you can probably debate with Flo rankings is how much should last year results count.   With Hendrickson, when you consider last year he still has a far better resume than everyone below him.   Provo/Camacho was unique since Camacho didn’t wrestle last season and Provo is clearly much improved.

And I agree with what you say, but it still looks somewhat inconsistent.  Still, Fix backed out late and Hendrickson has wrestled exactly as many matches as Anthony Cassioppi (multiple time all-American.)

4 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

And I agree with what you say, but it still looks somewhat inconsistent.  Still, Fix backed out late and Hendrickson has wrestled exactly as many matches as Anthony Cassioppi (multiple time all-American.)

Flo had already bumped Fix down to 3 after Crookham beat Vito.  You don’t think Fix should be lower than 3 do you?

Iowa’s linebackers coach confirmed Cassioppi won’t be wrestling this season.  

Although on a related note I was a little surprised Flo is assuming Braeden Davis is PSU’s starter.  Guess they “got a plan or something”

12 hours ago, flyingcement said:

I wondered that.  He's not alone.  

Mickey O'Malley

Prince Philip Conigliaro

Lance Runyon

Colton Schultz

Wyatt Hendrickson (hurt)

I expect Conigliaro is doing the typical Ivy League thing of taking the 1st semester off so he won't risk getting enough undergrad credits that he completes his undergrad degree.  Schultz is going to spend some time this season concentrating on Greco but ZJ says he will compete for ASU this year. 

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Flo had already bumped Fix down to 3 after Crookham beat Vito.  You don’t think Fix should be lower than 3 do you?

Although on a related note I was a little surprised Flo is assuming Braeden Davis is PSU’s starter.  Guess they “got a plan or something”

Hopefully tomorrow Crookham gets his 3rd major test this year against Fix - that should be a great matchup.

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Who confirmed Cass isn't wrestling? (and there are still appeals)

I don't think Fix should be lower than 3, but I also don't think Camacho should be lower than 1.  Also fix moved from 2 to 3 because of Vito loss.  Fix did not drop due to inactivity.  Will he drop when he doesn't wrestled Crookham this weekend.

Some guys drop when they don't wrestled, other guys don't.  Again... inconsistent. (Hendrickson has run more pass routes on Flo than he has won watches)

And I am not a Flo basher.

18 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Who confirmed Cass isn't wrestling? (and there are still appeals)

I don't think Fix should be lower than 3, but I also don't think Camacho should be lower than 1.  Also fix moved from 2 to 3 because of Vito loss.  Fix did not drop due to inactivity.  Will he drop when he doesn't wrestled Crookham this weekend.

Some guys drop when they don't wrestled, other guys don't.  Again... inconsistent. (Hendrickson has run more pass routes on Flo than he has won watches)

And I am not a Flo basher.

C'mon the Cassioppi angle is silly.  Does any ranking service currently have him ranked?  I guess there's a slim chance he's back, but right now the assumption has to be he won't be.

I don't think they're being inconsistent here.   They're not dropping guys "due to inactivity," they're dropping guys if other guys do have activity that gives them better resumes.   That's what happened at 125, where Provo beat the same guy that Camacho did to get his #1 ranking.    No one is going to pass Fix unless they beat Vito or Crookham, and no one is going to pass Hendrickson unless they beat Kerk.

Now I do think at some point some of these guys that haven't wrestled a match should not be in the rankings at all, but that's a different argument.

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Whats the linebackers coach have to do with it?

• Fire 2

2 hours ago, lu1979 said:

Hopefully tomorrow Crookham gets his 3rd major test this year against Fix - that should be a great matchup.

Just looked for and found the OSU forum, where I found this (no idea as to its accuracy, of course):

We know now Fix is hurt, and it sounds like it will be a while.

Apparently, that's taken from the even less-reliable Minnow:

And are Match Notes not a thing at Oklahoma State?

Edited by BigRedFan

4 minutes ago, ionel said:

What does that mean?

Believe it was also suggested minnow doesn't know anything about OSU but maybe that can just be said in general.

The teams I follow all produce match notes prior to competition.  Said notes typically include projected starters.  OSU is wrestling Lehigh tomorrow and there is nothing (no notes, no press release) on their web site on the match.

3 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

The teams I follow all produce match notes prior to competition.  Said notes typically include projected starters.  OSU is wrestling Lehigh tomorrow and there is nothing (no notes, no press release) on their web site on the match.

There's a blurb on the web site about the two meets this weekend.  Betting if a team has a couple guys dinged up they won't be advertising the fact.  Its quite common to send two guys out for handshakes at 2 or 3 weight classes, you don't know for sure who will wrestle till step on the mat.  Doubt we know anything till weigh ins. 

6 minutes ago, ionel said:

And thus why would he be making a statement about Cass, he's not or can't play football right now correct?  

I don’t know why, but he did.  He did not name Cass specifically, but said that “Kueter’s wrestling plans had changed in light of the gambling suspension for Hawkeye wrestling at heavyweight.”  I assume you’re trolling and have already seen this, but you never know these days

2 minutes ago, ionel said:

There's a blurb on the web site about the two meets this weekend.  Betting if a team has a couple guys dinged up they won't be advertising the fact.  Its quite common to send two guys out for handshakes at 2 or 3 weight classes, you don't know for sure who will wrestle till step on the mat.  Doubt we know anything till weigh ins. 

That article showed up between when I posted and when you looked at their site.  Three possibles listed for OSU at 133.

26 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I don’t know why, but he did.  He did not name Cass specifically, but said that “Kueter’s wrestling plans had changed in light of the gambling suspension for Hawkeye wrestling at heavyweight.”  I assume you’re trolling and have already seen this, but you never know these days

I am not on X so I wouldn't have seen this.  But it sounds like he didn't say anything about Cass. 

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, ionel said:

Ok maybe I can't see it cause have no X acct. 

I wrote out what he said.  “Ben Kueter’s wrestling plans have changed in light of the gambling suspension for Hawkeye wrestling at heavyweight.”  If you don’t think that’s saying something about Cass then you’re being intentionally obtuse

3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I wrote out what he said.  “Ben Kueter’s wrestling plans have changed in light of the gambling suspension for Hawkeye wrestling at heavyweight.”  If you don’t think that’s saying something about Cass then you’re being intentionally obtuse

I see nothing in that that says he "confirmed Cassioppi won’t be wrestling this season."

That was my point, why would a football coach be making a statement to "confirm" about a specific named wrestler.

1 minute ago, ionel said:

I see nothing in that that says he "confirmed Cassioppi won’t be wrestling this season."

That was my point, why would a football coach be making a statement to "confirm" about a specific named wrestler.

Intentionally obtuse it is