CKLV Thread

Idaho

6 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

I believe this time last year Levi took a really weird loss to some no name. Cardenas is no slouch. Shapiro very well might still end up in the finals by the time NCAAs roll around

Something weird happened in that match, like not knowing the score or clock and instead of going to OT he lost in regulation. 

Edited by Pinnacle

11 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

I believe this time last year Levi took a really weird loss to some no name. Cardenas is no slouch. Shapiro very well might still end up in the finals by the time NCAAs roll around

Or he could end up another Hamiti

It was Vince Zurban, who ended up having a nasty NCAA tourney run and being an All American. He gave Austin O’Connor a tough match in the first round too. 

Good comparison though because I think Cardenas will probably AA so similar situation. 

Edit: whoops, Zurban lost in the blood round. I thought he AA’d on the backside for some reason. Still had a nice tourney though. 

Edited by goheels1812
  • Fire 1

10 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

It was Vince Zurban, who ended up having a nasty NCAA tourney run and being an All American. He gave Austin O’Connor a tough match in the first round too. 

Good comparison though because I think Cardenas will probably AA so similar situation. 

Edit: whoops, Zurban lost in the blood round. I thought he AA’d on the backside for some reason. Still had a nice tourney though. 

I was wrong in calling him a no name

Wow. The San Diego State University came out of nowhere to field a real good wrestling team. For me, the surprise of the tournament. 

Edmond Ruth beat Navy's Danny Wask in SV recently. Now Wask is in the semifinals having beat the Stanford guy who beat Shane Griffith. Very stingy wrestler. 

The main benefit of the three-point takedown? Now Cameron Amine wins all of his matches 4-2 and not 3-2. 

What happened to Seth Nevills? He's gonna have more losses in this tournament than in all of high school. Speculation: Wyatt Hendrickson had his knee scoped. What happened at U23 on top of the NWCA All Star almost requires it. Or, is he just resting it? 

7 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

My attention span and a split screen is a bad combination.  Completely missed it.  Howd he catch him?

to be more specific he had a reverse headlock on Munoz,  Munoz lifted to take him to his back,  Feldkamp kept it and gator rolled him flat.  

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Antitroll2828 said:

As far as ranking go Cardenas is a returning AA , Allred lost in the R12 

While true, three out of his four opponents in NCAAs were finalists, two were champions.  He went 2-2. defeating Max Dean, losing to the champ Nino Bonaccorsi and last year's runner up Jacob Warner.  Tough draw.