Senior Nationals (US Olympic Trials Qualifier) - Dec. 15-17

SocraTease

11 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

well i can retract what i said earlier, Valencia was also pretty tough against the biggest guy at the weight.

Hard to believe how good some of these HS kids are. Lilledahl and him have been impressive. Sealy and Mirasola also.

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Watching Brandon Counrtney and a lot of the other SK guys, many of them TRY to wrestle like Zahid.

Both good and bad. A lot of excessive fakes. A lot of things of moves predicated on speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASU has a definite style thats applied to the whole team. I'd say their individual wrestlers have the most uniform style of anyone in the NCAA. Mcgee is probably the purest example.

• Fire 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

ASU has a definite style thats applied to the whole team. I'd say their individual wrestlers have the most uniform style of anyone in the NCAA. Mcgee is probably the purest example.

Which is ironic given that they have three PSU guys on staff, none of whom wrestle anything like that.

Also: To whoever designed Taylor Lujan’s singlet. Straight to jail. It hurts my eyes.

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Which is ironic given that they have three PSU guys on staff, none of whom wrestle anything like that.

Also: To whoever designed Taylor Lujan’s singlet. Straight to jail. It hurts my eyes.

they're also really tactical, them and NC state always have a plan

5 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

saw that Dean stormed back to a 6-5 lead over Mirasola with 18 seconds left in the match so I switched my attention to the other mat. Now I'm seeing on the scoreboard that Mirasola won 9-6. What the heck happened?

they went back to the center with 7 seconds left and no one thought to tell dean that mirasola was probably gonna shoot, he hit him with a low double and dean just sort of fell over, guess he landed on his back but it was off camera.

Edited by Hammerlock3
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

is starocci qualified for the OTTs?

Nope.  His plan is to win NCAAs and qualify automatically. He's said so.  Plus I don't think it makes sense for him to drop all that weight during the season.    He is stuck between a Dake (rock) and a DT (hard place).  Nowhere to go.

Edited by SocraTease

Just now, SocraTease said:

Nope.  His plan is to win NCAAs and qualify automatically. He's said so.  Plus I don't think it makes sense for him to drop all that weight during the season.    He is stuck between a Dake (rock) and a DT (hard place).  Nowhere to go.

hey he's one of the guys i regret doesn't have a weightclass...i'm not a fan really but i'd like for him to be able to show how good he really is. 

• Fire 1

I wonder what Cael plans to do at 184-197 next year. Kind of a rebuilding year. Mirasola the Smaller (86kg) looks like the real deal. Either weight he goes he’ll be an immediate AA threat. He’ll have the best training partners in the world, and he’s already very, very good. Wins over Wick and Dean as a high schooler.

• Fire 1

19 minutes ago, Le duke said:

I wonder what Cael plans to do at 184-197 next year. Kind of a rebuilding year. Mirasola the Smaller (86kg) looks like the real deal. Either weight he goes he’ll be an immediate AA threat. He’ll have the best training partners in the world, and he’s already very, very good. Wins over Wick and Dean as a high schooler.

I think it would be best for the Mirasola's to go 184 & 197. Mirasola the larger seems to be every bit as talented as the smaller he just wrestled up 23 pounds. 

• Fire 1

Lees matches have an amazing narrative advantage in terms of entertainment. You're terrified every time someone is in on his leg, cause no one wants him hurt again, but at the same time he's an absolute dragon....whether his story is a tragedy or a triumph is in the air every second.

• Fire 1