Common Ground

neutral

Instead of giving lip service to so called common ground, what are your stances on the following issues? 

Abortion rights

LGBTQ rights

Voting rights act of 1964

Environmental protection

Incarceration of low level non violent offenses

Policing in the US

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, neutral said:

Instead of giving lip service to so called common ground, what are your stances on the following issues? 

Abortion rights

LGBTQ rights

Environmental protection

Policing in the US

Please kick the conversation off with your views as a sign of good faith and to set the bar.

• Fire 1

I have thick enough skin to shrug off the punches and share my views.

Abortion, environment, voting, and LGBTQ rights were covered in the first response.

It is of little value to weigh in on abstract concepts, and I’ll say please again… what are OP views?

100% support. 

Separately on voting, I haven’t thought deeply through nuance considerations around age, civics knowledge, societal contributions, etc.  I am pro citizen proof.  As the father of teenagers, I question youthful maturity.  Should the citizen have a developed brain of a 25 year old to vote?  As a responsibility/contributor guy, should the non retired citizen have held a job for some period in the previous year?  Should the voter have passed the same civic test the legal immigrants citizens do?  I want to make it as easy as possible for qualified citizens to vote.  Multiple voting days.  Voting holiday should be the biggest celebration of all holidays.  

Environmental protection

Super necessary, depending.

Lengthy incarceration for low level offenses can make a bad situation worse.  Often a bad use of my tax dollars.

Example situation.  There is no need to incarcerate someone for doing drugs that only impact themself.  When the crime impacts others, incarceration may be necessary.

What nuanced situations are you thinking about?  

Policing in the US

Needs to be much more heavy handed and funded in the worst blocks of the most violent neighborhoods.  Broken windows policy…

——-

My views originate with the golden rule.  I don’t need to infringe on you/others unless you/others are infringing on the rights of me/others.  The government and others should treat me the same way.

Edited by jross
  • Fire 2

On 11/22/2023 at 11:21 PM, jross said:

Lengthy incarceration for low level offenses can make a bad situation worse.  Often a bad use of my tax dollars.

Example situation.  There is no need to incarcerate someone for doing drugs that only impact themself.  When the crime impacts others, incarceration may be necessary.

If you give up your drug dealer you get probation for the time of your drug dealer's sentence.  If you do not give up your drug dealer then you do the sentence of your drug dealer.

Drug dealer sentences should be SIGNIFICANT.  Example:  if you sell drugs (a felony) to someone who ODs then you should be subject to homicide charges.  Just like if you are committing armed robbery and "accidentally" kill someone you are subject to murder charges.

Strolling through the capitol and taking selfies - no incarceration.  Trespassing fine of $100 or so is sufficient.

• Fire 1
  • Clown 1

1 hour ago, Lipdrag said:

If you give up your drug dealer you get probation for the time of your drug dealer's sentence.  If you do not give up your drug dealer then you do the sentence of your drug dealer.

Drug dealer sentences should be SIGNIFICANT.  Example:  if you sell drugs (a felony) to someone who ODs then you should be subject to homicide charges.  Just like if you are committing armed robbery and "accidentally" kill someone you are subject to murder charges.

Strolling through the capitol and taking selfies - no incarceration.  Trespassing fine of $100 or so is sufficient.

Yes the Biden DOJ went nuclear on people just walking through the Capital . They were peaceful, walking right by the police as the police greeted them. They are getting charged with treason. Several years in jail and huge fines. Now I know how the citizens of communist China and Russia might feel.

• Clown 1

Drug dealer sentences should be SIGNIFICANT.  Example:  if you sell drugs (a felony) to someone who ODs then you should be subject to homicide charges.  Just like if you are committing armed robbery and "accidentally" kill

27 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Yes the Biden DOJ went nuclear on people just walking through the Capital . They were peaceful, walking right by the police as the police greeted them. They are getting charged with treason. Several years in jail and huge fines. Now I know how the citizens of communist China and Russia might feel.

someone you are subject to murder charges.

Some serious, serious entitlement going on here.

2 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Some serious, serious entitlement going on here

Entitled to what?  I have several family members who are both users and dealers.  They were born into the same circumstances I was.  They made choices.  They steal,   They live on ENTITLEMENTS (it is amazing how disabled these druggies are) then use them to pay for drugs.  When their ENTITLEMENT cash runs out they commit crimes (often on other of my family members) to get drugs.  I am aghast that the (un)justice system does not protect the citizenry from these criminals.  Almost none of the "low level non violent" offenders are first time offenders.  It may be the first time they were caught but it absolutely not is the first time most actually used drugs.  Entitlement going on?!?  Only entitled people involved in this opinion are the the drug users sucking off society - not the upstanding members of society paying the taxes for the druggies' entitlements and then being victimized by the same druggies stealing from said upstanding members of society to pay for their asinine choices.

Edited by Lipdrag
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 1

Entitled to what?  I have several family members who are both users and dealers.  They were born into the same circumstances I was.  They made choices.  They steal,   They live on ENTITLEMENTS (it is amazing how disabled these druggies are) then use them to pay for drugs.  When their ENTITLEMENT cash runs out they commit crimes (often on other of my family members) to get drugs.  I am aghast that the (un)justice system does not protect the citizenry from these criminals.  Almost none of the "low level non violent" offenders are first time offenders.  It may be the first time they were caught but it absolutely not is the first time most actually used drugs.  Entitlement going on?!?  Only entitled people involved in this opinion are the the drug users sucking off society - not the upstanding members of society paying the taxes for the druggies' entitlements and then being victimized by the same druggies stealing from said upstanding members of society to pay for their asinine choices.

I am talking about J6 criminals and their apologists.

That formatting came out weird, probably my fault somehow.  Best of luck to your family.

17 hours ago, Paul158 said:

Have you ever been to Russia and walked through the streets and talked to their citizens?

It’s a simple yes or no question. 

Edited by WrestlingRasta

5 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Have you ever been to Russia and walked through the streets and talked to their citizens?

It’s a simple yes or no question. 

No. May I ask why? I assume you have. It would be interesting to ask them about their invasion of a sovereign nation. Killing !0 of thousands of Ukraine's citizens. 100's million dollars in destruction. Having 10 of thousands of their own men die in the war.  

Am I the only person who didn't know what Alexandra Pelosi had to say about J6 and her mother?

• ~ 6:50: “If J6 was an insurrection… you were supposed to have a plan!  It was the sorriest insurrection in history
    • 2:43: “The Shaman did noth(ing)… What did the Shaman do? He stood there.”  41 months for that.
    • 4:24: “After the Democrats lose the house, then they get rid of the committee, people may lose, I think, interest… no one is going to care after the democrats are out of power. And you take Biden out of office- then who cares!?”
    • 4:50: “DC is a lot of people who work for the government. I don’t think they’re sympathetic. If you got it moved (changed trial jurisdiction from DC) you’d totally get off” (laughs while saying this)
    • 8:11: “You’re going to be able to laugh about this one day
    • 9:36 "So glad I met you because the media makes you into monsters."
    • 14:53: Pelosi talks about her friendship with Gavin McInnes and laughs at the notion that Proud Boys are white supremacists.
    • https://rumble.com/v29uq16-exclusive-nancy-pelosis-daughter-caught-on-tape-admitting-jan.-6-protests-n.html
  • ~ J6 largely being a bunch of normies used by proud boys on a dark day.
  • ~ Nancy Pelosi will cut your head off and you won't even know you are bleeding

Alexandra's comments lead me to believe she disagrees with Nancy's political rhetoric and spin that J6 was mob of domestic terrorists.

• "Two years ago today, our nation watched in horror as a terrorist mob stormed the Capitol grounds in a violent attempt to subvert the peaceful transfer of power.
  • "The January 6th insurrection shook our Republic to its core – and left behind physical scars and emotional trauma on members of our Congressional community and our Country that endure to this day. What was a day of unimaginable horror was also a moment of extraordinary heroism, as courageous law enforcement officers stared down the insurrectionists to protect the Capitol. We are forever grateful to these heroes, and we continue to pray for the fallen, the afflicted and their families.
  • "Yet the violent assault did not deter us from upholding our oath. On January 6th, we returned to the Chamber and certified the election results to prove to the world that our Democracy stood strong. And with patriotism and persistence, the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack worked on a bipartisan basis to uncover the truth of that dark day.
  • https://pelosi.house.gov/news/press-releases/pelosi-statement-on-two-years-since-january-6th-insurrection
Edited by jross
  • Clown 1

16 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

No. May I ask why? I assume you have. It would be interesting to ask them about their invasion of a sovereign nation. Killing !0 of thousands of Ukraine's citizens. 100's million dollars in destruction. Having 10 of thousands of their own men die in the war.  

I ask to help you gain a little insight into how completely clueless you are. Maybe you shouldn’t speak to how they feel, nor compare what your life is like to theirs. 

Is Oliver Stone the only Democrat who voted for Biden and immediately questioned the election results?  Common Ground?

November 2020

November 2023

• Clown 1

23 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I ask to help you gain a little insight into how completely clueless you are. Maybe you shouldn’t speak to how they feel, nor compare what your life is like to theirs. 

OK. I can see you may need a little clarification. The current administration and the current DOJ's sense of Justice is eerily similar to the sense of justice in Communist countries. You can fill in which countries you want to insert into the Communist countries. I feel much better now. I would still like to talk a few Russian citizens. 

• Clown 1

7 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

OK. I can see you may need a little clarification. The current administration and the current DOJ's sense of Justice is eerily similar to the sense of justice in Communist countries. You can fill in which countries you want to insert into the Communist countries. I feel much better now. I would still like to talk a few Russian citizens. 

Wow. Yeah clarification is definitely needed somewhere. (And No I didn’t vote for the guy) 

If you want to interact with real everyday Russian citizens, turn off Tucker and put forth some effort, instead of being told what to think and tagging right along.

Good luck.  

Edited by WrestlingRasta

19 minutes ago, jross said:

Is Oliver Stone the only Democrat who voted for Biden and immediately questioned the election results?  Common Ground?

November 2020

November 2023

There are a lot of people who questioned the results, so certainly there was common ground.  POTUS claimed very loudly it was rigged and worked very hard to convince people it was stolen.  He, his crack legal team, a number of state election commissions, a handpicked DOJ, appointed jurists and some very cooperative, sympathetic state legislatures were unable to come up with a single shred of evidence.  Not one shred of it. I conclude it is merely the biggest and most consequential of the many lies he tells.

• Fire 1

52 minutes ago, jross said:

November 2020

November 2023

I would say yes. Olive Stone may still be the only democrat to question the election. Most all the other Democrats are still suffering from SSS. Sergent Shultz Syndrome.

• Fire 1
  • Clown 1

28 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Wow. Yeah clarification is definitely needed somewhere. (And No I didn’t vote for the guy) 

If you want to interact with real everyday Russian citizens, turn off Tucker and put forth some effort, instead of being told what to think and tagging right along.

Good luck.  

I never watched Tucker . I believe he is no longer on TV. So, would you happen to have any names and phone numbers of Russian  citizens I can call? The only thing the American press talk about is Russia's invasion of Ukraine and the death and destruction that is happening.

• Haha 1