Iowa is the new #1 team

Jimmy Cinnabon

"There is a new top-ranked team in the latest National Wrestling Coaches Association (NWCA) NCAA Women's Wrestling Coaches' Poll. The University of Iowa sits atop the poll."

It didn't take long for the Lady Hawkeyes to overtake their male counterparts!

https://www.themat.com/news/2023/november/16/iowa-is-no-1-in-new-ncaa-women-s-wrestling-poll-north-central-next-at-no-2

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Idaho said:

True! 

I really wish wOSU would start up a program. They have some tough ladies at the RTC and Nate Engel is a proven coach. 

Have I been saying it wrong?

I have been blasting OSUW all over the interwebs and twitterspheres.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

5 minutes ago, Idaho said:

True! 

I really wish wOSU would start up a program. They have some tough ladies at the RTC and Nate Engel is a proven coach. 

Don't sell yourself short, Idaho's got some tough ladies and should/could start a team.

Potatoes-Andean-people-3.jpg

• Haha 1

Just now, Idaho said:

I believe we started as OSUW ... then it morphed to wOSU in the realm of tOSU.... personally I prefer OSUW... should Ok State be scOSU? 

The w goes on the west side wOSU and the e goes on the east side for OSUe, thus wOSU OSU OSUe.   Otherwise MP gets confused.

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Idaho said:

I believe we started as OSUW ... then it morphed to wOSU in the realm of tOSU.... personally I prefer OSUW... should Ok State be scOSU? 

I have been saying:
- tOSU for THE Ohio State University
- OSU for Oklahoma State University
- OSUW for Oregon State University

OSU gets the trump card.  Even as a fan of tOSU it is hard to gain any sort of leverage on this...

OSUWrestling.png.f296410cca8b9f729c0d5d15bcab5f40.png

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

The THE is capitalized and shall not be abbreviated.  THEosu.  After the THE nothing else matters in columbus.  It also must be said while inhaling and with an audible snort before any following noises are uttered. Trademarks are no longer simply visual.  Audible emanations are included and must be practiced for precise usage.  All other uses of exclaming inhalations and snorts will be pursued by injunctions.  I have heard a rumor they will be dropping Ohio, state, and university from all branded merch and simply be known as THE soon. 

wOSU is clever and I like it.

If OKST is not acceptable to all I think we must insist that all OSU references need modifiers.  An unadorned OSU simply cannot stand.  I nominate cOSU which can stand for Cowboy OSU or Central OSU.  

Oh, and by the way, Johnny Hendricks was pinned.

Edited by Lipdrag
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Lipdrag said:

I nominate cOSU which can stand for Cowboy OSU or Central OSU.  

Oh, and by the way, Johnny Hendricks was pinned.

No & No!

11 minutes ago, Lipdrag said:

The THE is capitalized and shall not be abbreviated.  THEosu.  After the THE nothing else matters in columbus. 

Another option:  THosuE