Why would a really good team (Michigan) go to such lengths to steal signs (illegally)from below average teams in order to win.

Paul158

2 hours ago, mspart said:

Mich beat Ohio State.   tOSU is now out of BCS contention.   Who bets Iowa beats Michigan in the B1G championship?   #18 vs #2?  

In other news, My team Alabama barely squeaked out a win over Auburn in the Iron Bowl.   If not for the hail mary on 4th and 26 goal to go, Auburn would have won that game.   Even though they are my team, I won't say they deserved to win.   It was a fluke play that scored the last touchdown.   I'm happy for the win because Auburn is the worst.   But Auburn should have won that game.  

mspart

If Florida State or Washington lose Ohio State is back in. Florida State playing with back up quarterback. Washington plays a very motivated Oregon. Should get pretty exciting.

• Fire 1

Yes, the PAC 12 championship will be pretty good.  WA will have to bring its A game because WA beat the ducks earlier and they will be motivated.   I heard on the radio today the ducks are 9 point favorites.   It would be good to get WA into the BCS.   I'd love that.   tOSU does not need to be there IMHO. 

I have 3 teams, AL, WA, and BYU.   So two of them are in the top 8 in the country, not too bad.   BYU has not really done anything since 1983-85 with 84 being their championship year.  

mspart

2 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Isn't he free to use say half his salary per year to endow an NIL.  Wouldn't it be grand if he did so to pay women soccer players.  Any betting he does so?  

36 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

51 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

It works now thanks. That was a really nasty injury to the football player. Very possibly a career ending injury..Harbaugh made some good points.

5 hours ago, mspart said:

Is that charitable giving if he does it.   That would be a lot and IRS may not be happy if it was considered charitable.  

He best ask for a cut in pay.   And a cut in the funds used to steal signals. 

mspart

Pretty sure NIL gifts are no longer tax deductible.  But for a cheater ... who knows?

On 11/27/2023 at 1:32 PM, mspart said:

Mich beat Ohio State.   tOSU is now out of BCS contention.   Who bets Iowa beats Michigan in the B1G championship?   #18 vs #2?  

In other news, My team Alabama barely squeaked out a win over Auburn in the Iron Bowl.   If not for the hail mary on 4th and 26 goal to go, Auburn would have won that game.   Even though they are my team, I won't say they deserved to win.   It was a fluke play that scored the last touchdown.   I'm happy for the win because Auburn is the worst.   But Auburn should have won that game.  

mspart

4th and 31 to be exact…

I don’t think it was a fluke play. I think it was very poor situational defense, very good situational awareness by the receiver, and an unbelievable throw by a hell of a quarterback. He didn’t just launch it up in the air and it got tipped around two or three times, he threw it to a direct spot, and hit the naiL on the head. 

• Fire 1

53 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

4th and 31 to be exact…

I don’t think it was a fluke play. I think it was very poor situational defense, very good situational awareness by the receiver, and an unbelievable throw by a hell of a quarterback. He didn’t just launch it up in the air and it got tipped around two or three times, he threw it to a direct spot, and hit the naiL on the head. 

I agree the receiver is great, the QB is great.   And maybe it was an issue with the defense.   But I still do not consider that a game won by Alabama.   They should have crushed a 6-5, now 6-6 Auburn.   But they call it the Iron Bowl for a reason and Auburn always plays the spoiler and this was at Auburn.   Auburn played a heck of a game.  

mspart