If only Sasso would have won...

Mr. PeanutButter

9 hours ago, headshuck said:

Who gives up 3-4 TDs in that short of time?

Most guys that wrestled Jimmy Haines (the takedown machine)

Jim Haines demonstrates a desire to attain what was important to him. His demonstration of dedication and desire is used by many coaches as an example of setting a goal and striving to reach that goal. Russ Hellickson, former University of Wisconsin wrestling coach, says, "In his final season as a Badger wrestler, Jim competed on the World team, Pan Am team, and the Olympic team before winning his NCAA title. Not bad for a kid who couldn't get a takedown in the practice room as a freshman. He was a man who had turned expectation into achievement." Jim has a commitment to perfection and strives to reach his goals through dedication and work. At the University, Jim became known as "Takedown Machine." During his last year of collegiate competition, Jim scored 224 takedowns and 39 matches.

3 hours ago, MadMardigain said:

Who is Sasso?

I’ll take “Wrestlers that tend to look better at the end of the season”  for 400, Alex.  

Who is Sasso?

I'll take "wrestlers who had 3x more losses in the post season than they had during the regular season" for 1,000 Alex. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Sasso looks great when he is the aggressor.  He looks like a fish when he relies on his rubber knee crap.  Opponents have figured it out.  What they wouldn't expect is a full 6 minutes of aggression, instead of taking a lead and then resting on his gumby skills.  

I said it on other boards, I hate Sasso's style. I love my Buckeyes, but man... 

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, treep2000 said:

Sasso looks great when he is the aggressor.  He looks like a fish when he relies on his rubber knee crap.  Opponents have figured it out.  What they wouldn't expect is a full 6 minutes of aggression, instead of taking a lead and then resting on his gumby skills.  

I said it on other boards, I hate Sasso's style. I love my Buckeyes, but man... 

I hear ya but isn't he dealing with a savage weightcut? He might just physically be incapable of keeping an aggressive pace for the full match. For now

5 hours ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

I hear ya but isn't he dealing with a savage weightcut? He might just physically be incapable of keeping an aggressive pace for the full match. For now

I'm not sure moving up will resolve the issues.  I know he wrestled 70kg in some freestyle tourneys and he didn't have the perceived improvement that many would expect. The Sasso that beat Lugo his freshman year appears to be better than the current version, but of course, this is based on pure observations of one person (me), and I had elevated expectations of his continued forward, positive, progression.  I want him to do well.  He's a great a wrestler, but to your point, may have not only the reliance on gumby, but the weight cut to deal with.  Solve both... problem solved.