The feds can't even peddle treasury bonds nowadays as markets wake up to USDebtClock.org

7 hours ago, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:

Years ago, the U.S. national debt hadn't yet sextupled like it did from 2000 to 2023.

Oregon has access to the Pacific Ocean.   That could benefit Idaho, especially if it seeks to become a new nation (like a growing percentage of folks living in relatively nearby Alberta, Canada reportedly does).   

As for California, if it was a country, it'd have one of the world's Top 5 (or so) gross domestic products (GDPs).  They're not eager out there to keep supporting Washington D.C. with all the taxation that's demanded of them.   That's increasingly a theme elsewhere, too...    

Coo Coo for Cocoa Puffs

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

8 hours ago, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:

Meanwhile, New Hampshire has a growing share of seceders:

https://nhexit.us/

Would you tolerate their seceding, too?

How about part of Northern California?

https://www.yescalifornia.org/

Greater Idaho?

https://www.greateridaho.org/

Seceding's not just a southern phenomenon, as you presumably already know...   

What's reported at http://www.intermatwrestle.org is increasingly burdensome regardless of one's region...

For each of these places, the US Military would have to roll in with a convoy of tanks. Start bombing civilians and firing missiles at infrastructure targets. Attack nuclear energy facilities and risk critical nuclear containment failures, etc.

Basically, killing without any regard for humanity, without any concern for what is right or wrong.

Oh wait - wrong place - what I just described is what is happening in Ukraine with the f'ing Russian attackers, murderers and occupiers.

F'ing Russians suck donkey dick. (Excuse my French.)

On 10/6/2023 at 3:19 PM, mspart said:

Oregon does have access to the Pacific Ocean with few ports.   The the part of Oregon that wants to be part of Idaho is landlocked.  No access to ports. 

That's an interesting point.   Southwestern Oregon's Douglas county reportedly voted 47% in favor of joining Greater Idaho, back in 2022.   Meanwhile Josephine County voted 49% in favor.   Coos Bay (a coastal port in SW Oregon) is reportedly within 150 miles of one, and 90 miles of the other.   As momentum increases, the issue you've raised could be resolved beneficially for the Greater Idaho movement.   Or not.  I prefer to be an optimist, though.   Governments deserve to stop getting to take their citizens & taxpayers for granted, don't they?    If the status quo was sufficient, the U. of Oregon  and Boise State would both have NCAA D1 wrestling teams presently.   

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, TitleIX is ripe for reform said:

This new, relevant article is well-written, eye-opening and presumably accurate:

https://www.sovereignman.com/trends/six-predictions-from-the-last-weeks-horrific-treasury-report-148384/

This is a very important point.  Reduced tax revenues indicate economic decline, regardless the government’s stated performance reports. 

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Did you not like it when Trump cut taxes?

I could argue the mistakes in that question or the bill, itself.  Regardless, Trump’s actions boosted the economy - biden’s have caused it to shrink, while he gaslights that the economy is growing.  

3 hours ago, Offthemat said:

I could argue the mistakes in that question or the bill, itself.  Regardless, Trump’s actions boosted the economy - biden’s have caused it to shrink, while he gaslights that the economy is growing.  

We were in recession during Inmate # PO1135809. Commander in Chief Biden led us out of it. 

• Haha 1

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

37 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

We were in recession during Inmate # PO1135809. Commander in Chief Biden led us out of it. 

Incorrect. Only the NBER recognizes a 2020 recession and in their view it only lasted 2 months, ending in April 2020. So Trump led himself out of his own mini recession.

• Fire 1

8 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Incorrect. Only the NBER recognizes a 2020 recession and in their view it only lasted 2 months, ending in April 2020. So Trump led himself out of his own mini recession.

False.  Must be why unemployment rates were through the roof,  money wasn't circulating,  and stimulus welfare checks had to be sent out three times, and farmers had to be bailed out,  due to tariffs eh?

Which specific actions did Inmate #PO135809 take to directly improve the ecernominy? Specific to Inmate #PO135809.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

If ANYTHING good happened during Inmate # PO135809's " presidency" it was in spite of Inmate #PO135809.

Not ONE of his cabinet members,  nor advisors,  told us that he was competent.  He was and is a boob, as said by John Bolton, DARLING of the "tea party."

56 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

False.  Must be why unemployment rates were through the roof,  money wasn't circulating,  and stimulus welfare checks had to be sent out three times, and farmers had to be bailed out,  due to tariffs eh?

Which specific actions did Inmate #PO135809 take to directly improve the ecernominy? Specific to Inmate #PO135809.

None of that defines a recession.

Ban Basketball, often in error, never in doubt. "Ha, jokes on you. Why is no one else laughing, ma'am? They just don't get my genius. Hmmm, no one gets my genius, does that mean I am not...nah, that can't be right. Boy, I crack myself up sometimes. Wait, is the joke on me? Haha, jokes on you."

• Haha 2