Big Cass vs Kerk

Jimmy Cinnabon

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Kervliet and Cassioppi meet tonight at the All-Star match.  Cass has dominated the series but Kerk is up to 253 pounds and supposedly healthy for the first time in a long time.  How do you see this one shaking out?  Can Kerk pull the upset?

Kerk is not healthy.  He is lacking an ACL.

I remember a long time ago when I thought Kerk was the second coming of Jesus and I think my quote was "He's going to blast Cassioppi to the moon. There are levels to this game." So anyways unlike Kerkvliet, I'm learning from my mistakes and taking Cassioppi. At this point I feel like Kerk fizzles against high wrestling IQ opponents who can match/near his sheer power (Cass, Nelson, etc) but would gladly like to be proven otherwise.

i am an idiot on the internet

I'm not sure if Kerk is a true underdog here. Sure, Cass is undefeated against him but their last match was going all Kerk's way outside of the final seconds of the 3rd period (when Kerk gave up an untimely reversal) and the first 20 seconds of sudden victory. 

Still, as a hawk fan, I'm picking Cass. I'm a little nervous though. Should be a good match.

4 hours ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

I'm not sure if Kerk is a true underdog here. Sure, Cass is undefeated against him but their last match was going all Kerk's way outside of the final seconds of the 3rd period (when Kerk gave up an untimely reversal) and the first 20 seconds of sudden victory. 

Still, as a hawk fan, I'm picking Cass. I'm a little nervous though. Should be a good match.

I'm always nervous.  Gregory is very good.  However, don't forget that Anthony was clearly injured the last time they wrestled.  (Which is the same excuse we heard about Young Greg's losses in the past)

It is definitely nice to have some big boys who wrestle in all positions.  We have several guys ATM who may have been multiple time champs in other eras.

• Fire 2

5 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I'm always nervous.  Gregory is very good.  However, don't forget that Anthony was clearly injured the last time they wrestled.  (Which is the same excuse we heard about Young Greg's losses in the past)

It is definitely nice to have some big boys who wrestle in all positions.  We have several guys ATM who may have been multiple time champs in other eras.

Cass, Kerk, Parris, and (unfortunately because he is as boring as greco) Schultz would rightfully be multi-time champs in most any era. We have been fortunate to see 285 take huge leaps domestically starting with Tommy Rowland (despite not beating Mocco when it mattered the most-most). Very enlightening to see the transcendence of the weight class.

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

8 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Cass, Kerk, Parris, and (unfortunately because he is as boring as greco) Schultz would rightfully be multi-time champs in most any era. We have been fortunate to see 285 take huge leaps domestically starting with Tommy Rowland (despite not beating Mocco when it mattered the most-most). Very enlightening to see the transcendence of the weight class.

John Lockhart begs to differ.

Coin-toss GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Fire 1

On 11/22/2022 at 11:09 PM, bnwtwg said:

Being the college board I do feel like he beat Mocco when it mattered most.

• Fire 1

On 11/22/2022 at 10:09 PM, bnwtwg said:

Was Rowlands a big step up from Neal, McCoy, and Angle? I think the weight class is deeper right now than it's usually been, but I'm not sure that they're head and shoulders above the top wrestlers from 25-30 years ago.