2023 World Wrestling tournament...

D3 for LU

2 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

On this day, Japan was stronger, quicker and the better hand fighter. Bummer. I hope Gray is pulled back in. 

Another match in which a couple of hard sprawls might've won. The chest wrap attempts failed both times. 

I am far from the wrestling mind that a lot of these athletes and coaches are, but it would seem to me, there needs to be a more concerted effort to utilize baseline defense and save the chest wraps for when they are "really there" or you "really need it."  A go behind is 2 points and so is a chest wrap from the knees.  Kendall Cross, the funkiest of all our Olympic champs once said that he really started to get better when he was convinced to use baseline D first and save the funk for when it was really there.

• Fire 2

Hildebrandt up 8-3 with 1M0S (60S) remaining.  Some sort of caution called - didn't see it.  Azera coaches challenging and refs calling for the Azera to be put down in parterre.

Edited by nhs67

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Just now, nhs67 said:

Hildebrandt up 8-3 with 1M0S (60S) remaining.  Some sort of caution called - didn't see it.  Azera coaches challenging and refs calling for the Azera to be put down in parterre.

The official was telling the Azeri to open up after Hildebrandt's takedown - she was controlling hands. She didn't listen, so caution + 1

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

This Azera is legit, btw guys.  She's like a 10 time Worlds/Olympic medalist.  Six worlds and four Olympics.

- 2 Gold
- 5 Silver
- 3 Bronze

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariya_Stadnik

I would have her on my team any day. She fought like a dog when down, and she is lightening quick. Of course, she'd be JV behind Hildebrandt. Still, I hope Sarah brings her through repechage.