Who is your school's most hated rival wrestler?

Jimmy Cinnabon

9 minutes ago, Ohio Elite said:

Now I'm thinking I read the title to the thread wrong😬.  I was just naming a guy I really didn't like. Ha!

You read it and posted correctly. 

• Fire 1

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

For Nebraska, I remember having a strong dislike for Jake Varner. He really held over Craig Brester and I was delighted when Brester finally beat him at the Big XII conference tourney. Varner of course turned around and beat Brester..again..in the NCAA finals. I swear Varner must've been like 8-1 or something against Brester. I remember Logan Storley and Kokesh having lots of high stakes matches and Storley always came out on top.

3 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

I remember Logan Storley and Kokesh having lots of high stakes matches and Storley always came out on top.

And Mike Evans always seems to beat Storley but lose to Kokesh.  I feel like Evans even got a TF against un undersized Kokesh early in their careers.  The tides changed after that.  Matt Brown is in with those guys aswell

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

For Nebraska, I remember having a strong dislike for Jake Varner. He really held over Craig Brester and I was delighted when Brester finally beat him at the Big XII conference tourney. Varner of course turned around and beat Brester..again..in the NCAA finals. I swear Varner must've been like 8-1 or something against Brester. I remember Logan Storley and Kokesh having lots of high stakes matches and Storley always came out on top.

Thought Kokesh got his share of wins vs Storley and think their rivalry started in HS. 

• Fire 3

On 9/14/2023 at 10:15 PM, Ohio Elite said:

Hated Marinelli. Ohio guy who de committed from Ohio State. Loved when Karchula beat him!

Oh man, I didn't realize he was committed to the Bucks but Googled it and it was confirmed in an article. 

I second the Ramos rivalry. He would always stare him down and be so cringe while with the Brands. I really like the guy now though. Might be the change of scenery. 

For me, Bo Nickal of PSU was one. I didn't dislike him, but the rivalry with Myles Martin was wild. Watching him flip Myles onto his back in the 184lb final and then rant and rave about Penn State winning titles... Oof that was a tough one to swallow. But again, love the guy when he's not facing OSU wrestlers. 

• Fire 1