This isn't good for Biden

mspart

46 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Yeah, ex-President Obama would prefer that title. You sure seems to have issues around 4th grade. You might look into that with some therapy.

Sorry, but this post is so dumb.

• Which title would Obama prefer? I can't image he wants to be known as an orange turd.
    So dumb.
  • "You sure seems to have issues around 4th grade"? Hmmm...  I hear some redneck there.
    So dumb.

Therapy might not be a bad path for you.

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth

1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

I have no problem throwing disrespect at past, current and future politicians - presidents included.

Everybody seems to be missing this point - am I the only one that learned it in 4th grade?

Respecting the position and Office of the President is not the same as respecting the person who currently holds (or previously held) the title - or their actions.

Disrespecting the actions of the current president is a far different thing than disrespecting the actual Office of the President.

It's a lot like condemning the actions of some police officers, but still respecting law enforcement. You can disrespect some officers' actions, but condemning law enforcement in general and defunding the police is a different matter entirely.

I understand it, and I'm not uncomfortable in saying that I disrespect some Presidents/"presidents" in my life time.  Outside of my life time, I couldn't say.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

7 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Everybody seems to be missing this point - am I the only one that learned it in 4th grade?

Respecting the position and Office of the President is not the same as respecting the person who currently holds (or previously held) the title - or their actions.

Disrespecting the actions of the current president is a far different thing than disrespecting the actual Office of the President.

It's a lot like condemning the actions of some police officers, but still respecting law enforcement. You can disrespect some officers' actions, but condemning law enforcement in general and defunding the police is a different matter entirely.

I think if we - as a country and society - limit ourselves to two options and then put two octogenarian has-beens up for those options, respect for the office of the presidency is long gone.

13 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

I think if we - as a country and society - limit ourselves to two options and then put two octogenarian has-beens up for those options, respect for the office of the presidency is long gone.

Well, we do. We basically limit ourselves to two options. Vote R or D. 

So, the Executive branch of government is not to be respected when you don't like the candidates?

I can not get behind that logic.

8 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Wow.  The ultimate in yawn- worthy.  They said Biden would be impeached practically before he was elected.

Marjorie was trying to draw them up on inauguration day.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

3 minutes ago, mspart said:

They tried to impeach Trump before he took office.

mspart

Not really,  but they succeeded in doing so twice,  in a mere four years' time.

4 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

There have been at least 2 articles of impeachment drawn up and submitted already.  IIRC, MTG accused Boebert of plagiarizing her articles and called her a little female dog for it.  Right on the floor of Congress.

As Gary Hart said,  we don't elect our best and brightest any longer. 

2 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Nothing surprises me after a Speaker of the House tore up a President’s SOTU speech.

What about when a congressman puts rules in to support easy removal of the speaker and then follows it up with a public threat to remove the speaker if he doesn't forward articles of impeachment?  Nothing?

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

There he is again...the resident narcist whackadoodle...keep on keeping on Ban

Spelling- nor grammar,  for that matter- isn't a strong suit either,  eh?

2 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

Spelling- nor grammar,  for that matter- isn't a strong suit either,  eh?

You seriously didn't have a straight face when you wrote this did you based on the things you right (yes that was on purpose).  I laughed at it through the lens that you were maybe trying to be funny based on your own grammar and spelling....you probably didn't mean it as an ironic joke...but I am going to take it that way anyway.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

You seriously didn't have a straight face when you wrote this did you based on the things you right (yes that was on purpose).  I laughed at it through the lens that you were maybe trying to be funny based on your own grammar and spelling....you probably didn't mean it as an ironic joke...but I am going to take it that way anyway.

Sling Blade in his natural form.

1 hour ago, Offthemat said:

I don’t know how congress could avoid impeachment with evidence of blatant treason and corruption on display. 

There are those that would dispute your assertion.  

I believe if the R's want to impeach, that will happen.   I believe in order to move the Ds in the Senate, there will have to be some ironclad evidence that the whole country can recognize and it would be suicide for a D Senator not to vote to convict, something on the order of Nixon.   They are not there yet as most of the evidence I have seen is circumstantial.  Nothing directly tying the President to anything like treason or corruption while President.   He obviously lied on the campaign trail and while President.   But that apparently is not reason for dismissal - See Bill Clinton. 

mspart