2023 Collegiate Duals in Nashville

flyingcement

9 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

The lack of transparency makes it tough to stomach as a fan.  Lots of timely coincidences in which we are expected to give the benefit of the doubt with zero information.  With all due respect ***duck** off

Here's your transparency.  Email report from Mike Grey:

I have received quite a few messages regarding our Iowa State dual so I figured I would get right to it. We had starters get injured during our previous matches in the day. If we wrestled Iowa State first we would have had all our starters in.  I’m not going to risk further injury and endanger my student-athletes for a dual in December.  Good or bad in the eye of the public, my job is to protect my athletes and if they aren’t able to compete they will not. We have Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Missouri and NC State amongst others remaining on the schedule. I think we have the toughest schedule in the country and I expect to wrestle our best in each event. Injuries are part of the sport and they unfortunately aren’t predictable. 

9 hours ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Vito's explanation is plausible, considering it's been known that he sustained an injury earlier in the year. That leaves 3 wrestlers that sat out and that's the part that makes my head hurt. Maybe it is possible that all 3 of them got knicked up/exacerbated something between duals 2&3. Just seems like an unusual coincidence

Yeah, I can forgive sitting Ungar (since Greg D won), Vito (seems to have something lingering), and Shapiro (likely concussed, although wrestling him earlier in the day kinda defeats the purpose there).  But Ramirez seems like a duck to me.  I guess it’s possible he got injured in the Pitt match.

In reality Grey should not bear the brunt of the criticism here.  It’s just a microcosm of the current ducking culture.

17 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Yeah, I can forgive sitting Ungar (since Greg D won), Vito (seems to have something lingering), and Shapiro (likely concussed, although wrestling him earlier in the day kinda defeats the purpose there).  But Ramirez seems like a duck to me.  I guess it’s possible he got injured in the Pitt match.

In reality Grey should not bear the brunt of the criticism here.  It’s just a microcosm of the current ducking culture.

What an incredible coincidence that all of these lingering injuries flared up during the Iowa State dual!

But Foca, who has something to gain from a Feldcamp win looked the best he's looked at 184! 

38 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I guess it’s possible he got injured in the Pitt match.

Watch the damned match and then tell us that Ramirez didn't tweak an ankle or thereabouts during the Pitt match.  But hey, he shoulda gone against David f'ing Carr with a sore ankle.  Cause fans!

Screen Shot 2023-12-19 at 8.39.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-19 at 8.42.09 AM.png

• Fire 1
  • Haha 4

35 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

Watch the damned match and then tell us that Ramirez didn't tweak an ankle or thereabouts during the Pitt match.  But hey, he shoulda gone against David f'ing Carr with a sore ankle.  Cause fans!

Screen Shot 2023-12-19 at 8.39.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-19 at 8.42.09 AM.png

Yes.

Since when does  "tweaked anything" keep a guy out of a match?  Since when are guys expected to be 100% healthy or they don't toe the line?

And I think you said it all: "David Carr."  I'm sure Ramirez would be good to go if the next dual was against Duke.

• Fire 3

1 minute ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Yes.

Since when does  "tweaked anything" keep a guy out of a match?  Since when are guys expected to be 100% healthy or they don't toe the line?

And I think you said it all: "David Carr."  I'm sure Ramirez would be good to go if the next dual was against Duke.

It's a dual meet in December.  Taking no chances.

• Fire 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, BigRedFan said:

Because they weren't hurt when they scheduled this, and they weren't hurt when they went to Tennessee?  Is this a trick question?

Everyone is always hurt!  It is college wrestling! Cornell just chose to play the "hurt card" when it was beneficial to them.

Everyone knew that Vito and Shapiro were "nicked up" prior to the Nashville trip.

• Fire 2

Just now, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Everyone is always hurt!  It is college wrestling! Cornell just chose to play the "hurt card" when it was beneficial to them.

Everyone knew that Vito and Shapiro were "nicked up" prior to the Nashville trip.

That's just not true that "everyone is always hurt," and I'm pretty sure you know that.  This whole thing is getting more and more stupid.

• Fire 1