Penn State VS - Preseason Edition

nhs67

7 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

I refuse to believe it...again

I actually expect that to be worse next time.  A rather bad matchup for Romero.  He can't horse him.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

4 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

I refuse to believe it...again

This is interesting. Romero will never come close to Brooks but he could lose respectfully by a 5 to 7 point margin.  We might have to bet in a few months.  It all depends if AB feels like majoring him or not

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I actually expect that to be worse next time.  A rather bad matchup for Romero.  He can't horse him.

Romero is already Buckeye tan. He means business.

4 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

This is interesting. Romero will never come close to Brooks but he could lose respectfully by a 5 to 7 point margin.  We might have to bet in a few months.  It all depends if AB feels like majoring him or not

I hope AB doesn't see my post.

125 - Howard vs. Lajoie - Lajoie wins by Dec. 3-0 Cornell

133 - Bravo-Young vs. Arujau - B-Y wins by Dec. 3-3 tie

141 - Bartlett vs. Cornella - Cornella wins by Dec. 6-3 Cornell

149 - Van Ness vs Yianni - Yianni wins by MD. 10-3 Cornell

157 - Berraclough vs. Yapoujian - Yapoujian wins by Dec. - 13-3 Cornell

165 - Facundo vs Ramirez - Ramirez wins by Dec. - 16-3 Cornell

174 - Starocci vs. Foca - Starocci wins by Dec. - 16-6 Cornell

184 - Brooks vs. Loew - Brooks wins by MD. - 16-10 Cornell

197 - Dean vs. Cardenas - Dean wins by Dec. - 16-13 Cornell

285 - Kerkvliet vs Fernandes - Kerkvliet wins by Dec. - 16-16 tie!

9 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

125 - Howard vs. Lajoie - Lajoie wins by Dec. 3-0 Cornell

133 - Bravo-Young vs. Arujau - B-Y wins by Dec. 3-3 tie

141 - Bartlett vs. Cornella - Cornella wins by Dec. 6-3 Cornell

149 - Van Ness vs Yianni - Yianni wins by MD. 10-3 Cornell

157 - Berraclough vs. Yapoujian - Yapoujian wins by Dec. - 13-3 Cornell

165 - Facundo vs Ramirez - Ramirez wins by Dec. - 16-3 Cornell

174 - Starocci vs. Foca - Starocci wins by Dec. - 16-6 Cornell

184 - Brooks vs. Loew - Brooks wins by MD. - 16-10 Cornell

197 - Dean vs. Cardenas - Dean wins by Dec. - 16-13 Cornell

285 - Kerkvliet vs Fernandes - Kerkvliet wins by Dec. - 16-16 tie!

Lol. Yeah sure..

14 minutes ago, Pish said:

If you say so😂  Don’t they have a shot to wrestle in those Duals again this year?  Cornell not going to tie PSU, don’t kid yourself

Which results do you disagree with? There are definitely some pick ‘‘em matches. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

24 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Which results do you disagree with? There are definitely some pick ‘‘em matches. 

The only “pick ‘em” match is at 157 (and that’s if Haines doesn’t go).  All the rest are pretty convincing favorites one way or the the other. I can make a case that Facundo/Ramirez will be a pick ‘em but won’t since it’s too early and I want to see more from Facundo so I’ll give the edge to Ramirez for now

Good luck to any Cornell 125 not named Vito beating Robbie. Also..Cornella over Bartlett is a joke. 

I realize the old forum had mostly anti PSU slants. Hoping this one a little more realistic

Edited by Pish

7 minutes ago, Pish said:

The only “pick ‘em” match is at 157 (and that’s if Haines doesn’t go).  All the rest are pretty convincing favorites one way or the the other. I can make a case that Facundo/Ramirez will be a pick ‘em but won’t since it’s too early and I want to see more from Facundo so I’ll give the edge to Ramirez for now

Good luck to any Cornell 125 not named Vito beating Robbie. Also..Cornella over Bartlett is a joke. 

I realize the old forum had mostly anti PSU slants. Hoping this one a little more realistic

What’s your breakdown of the dual? 
the old forum had plenty of PSU can do no wrong as well. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

1 minute ago, Idaho said:

What’s your breakdown of the dual? 
the old forum had plenty of PSU can do no wrong as well. 

Just switch 125 and 141 and that’s a 12 point swing..that being said. If Haines goes, that’s an 18 point swing. 

1 hour ago, Pish said:

If you say so😂  Don’t they have a shot to wrestle in those Duals again this year?  Cornell not going to tie PSU, don’t kid yourself

They did dual last year and it was MUCH closer than folks thought it would be then too...

https://www.wrestlestat.com/event/63383/cornell-penn-state-dual/boxscore

58 minutes ago, Pish said:

If you'll recall, Cornell came within an escape by Foca (losing 3-2 to Starocci on riding time) of beating Penn State last year; they return pretty much the same team.  At 141, PSU loses Lee and Cornell gains with Cornella (5th at U20 Worlds this year).  Cardenas lost 4-2 to Dean, and Cardenas just got a silver at the U23 Worlds.

15 minutes ago, Pish said:

If Haines goes, that’s an 18 point swing. 

They have no reason to not redshirt Haines this year.  They are comfortable title favorites.

27 minutes ago, Pish said:

This is as bad a take as saying Ethan Smith hasn't improved since arriving in Cbus, and I know things about bad takes.

They did dual last year and it was MUCH closer than folks thought it would be then too...

https://www.wrestlestat.com/event/63383/cornell-penn-state-dual/boxscore

I remember it clearly. Cornell wrestled GREAT and it still wasn’t enough and that’s not a knock on Cornell. But to predict a tie this year when PSU has a deaper team with less holes than last year doesn’t make much sense to me. 

2 minutes ago, Pish said:

I remember it clearly. Cornell wrestled GREAT and it still wasn’t enough and that’s not a knock on Cornell. But to predict a tie this year when PSU has a deaper team with less holes than last year doesn’t make much sense to me. 

Deeper with less holes?  Penn State has unprovens and unknowns at 125, 141, 149, 157, and 165.  They lost Nick Lee.  They are not deeper than last year.

Cornell is a clear underdog, yes.  Put some respect on their name.  They will 100% be right there with them, if they meet up.

Honestly did not think I would be defending Cornell this early in the game, gents.

Less moderation does not mean more sense, obviously.

Edited by nhs67

They have no reason to not redshirt Haines this year.  They are comfortable title favorites.

Generally Cael goes with the best guy unless there’s not much seperation. And generally that decision is made in 2nd half.  Haines skipped his last year of high school and has been in the room for a year already. I’m a believer of going with your best guys while they’re healthy and use a redshirt if you’re not the best guy or injury. 

I love the new redshirt rules and it will be interesting how these teams use the new rules. 

2 minutes ago, Pish said:

Generally Cael goes with the best guy unless there’s not much seperation. And generally that decision is made in 2nd half.  Haines skipped his last year of high school and has been in the room for a year already. I’m a believer of going with your best guys while they’re healthy and use a redshirt if you’re not the best guy or injury. 

I love the new redshirt rules and it will be interesting how these teams use the new rules. 

I agree on the new rules.

I hope we see Haines.  He looked not so good at 70 KG his last go.  Has he grown out of 157?