Former Hawkeye great Eierman arrested

Jimmy Cinnabon

11 minutes ago, Jason Bryant said:

He’s still a four-time All-American … one of two guys to beat Yianni D in college. He doesn’t check that box either …

That's beside the fact that he was often ranked #1 but never produced #1.

I'll never question his talent, but if you don't live to your rank...

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

10 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

That's beside the fact that he was often ranked #1 but never produced #1.

I'll never question his talent, but if you don't live to your rank...

He was ranked #1 once and took second in SV. He beat his seed twice, missed it twice but still AAed, and was injured once. Hardly choke stuff.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

4 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

He was ranked #1 once and took second in SV. He beat his seed twice, missed it twice but still AAed, and was injured once. Hardly choke stuff.

Yeah, "choking" is probably too harsh a term for a sport like wrestling.  

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

4x AA and a runner-up finish  is a great career. I would think of him as a Tiger before a Hawkeye.  Similar to this situation, I will always regard Griffith as a Stanford Tree and Truax a Cal Poly Mustang, even if he wins a title this. year. Desanto will always be a Hawkeye - 1 year at Drexel then transfers and becomes a 4x AA for Iowa...there is no doubt he is a Hawkeye. In the end, Eirman is not an Iowa legend. He's like many guys now who have transferred for their final year and successfully filled a need on a competitive team. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

19 hours ago, ionel said:

Well I never would've thought of Desanto as a legend or GOAT either.  But sure ... you should be able to pick your own legends.

I think one could actually argue DeSanto is a Hawkeye “legend,” in part due to his antics/personality, but he was also a 3x AA (4 if you count 2020) while in an Iowa singlet.  Eierman was only 1x.

I do wonder if this incident will have an impact on Eierman’s status with the HWC though.  He’s still listed on the roster, but his name is mis-spelled…

https://hawkeyewrestlingclub.com/our-team/

24 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I think one could actually argue DeSanto is a Hawkeye “legend,” in part due to his antics/personality, but he was also a 3x AA (4 if you count 2020) while in an Iowa singlet.  Eierman was only 1x.

I do wonder if this incident will have an impact on Eierman’s status with the HWC though.  He’s still listed on the roster, but his name is mis-spelled…

https://hawkeyewrestlingclub.com/our-team/

So contrary to the OP, HWC wrestler JAYDEN EIERMAN was not arrested and his legendary status is still intact.  🤔