Poland this weekend...

nhs67

40 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

If you quote, then you deprive the source creator that additional hit to his/her web page.  It's not about what is convenient to you, the reader:  it's
about what is appropriate compensation for the use of someone else's work.

Here's a policy from a triathlon forum I frequent:

The owner/moderator takes this very seriously.

Where did you get this last part of your quote?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

4 hours ago, BigRedFan said:

"a triathlon forum I frequent"

So nowhere on these forums then by anybody in the moderation team from these forums that we are currently typing on?

Is there some federally mandated forum set of rules that must be followed in order to even submit replies?

Cool.  Was not aware.

15 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

So nowhere on these forums then by anybody in the moderation team from these forums that we are currently typing on?

Is there some federally mandated forum set of rules that must be followed in order to even submit replies?

Cool.  Was not aware.

Nice tone.  It's called "doing the right thing."  I'm sure that if you were a content creator whose livelihood relied in part on how many people came to your website, you'd have no problem at all with people copying it and pasting it elsewhere.  Amirite?

Oh, and by the way, FloSports has the following in its Terms of Service:

The Services and the information, files, documents, text, photographs, images, audio, and video which it contains and any material made available for download on the Services (collectively, the “Content”) are the property of FloSports or our licensors, as applicable. The Services and Content are protected by United States and international copyright and trademark laws. You may not use, copy, reproduce, distribute, modify, publish, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit the Content for any other purposes without the prior written consent of FloSports. 

So *this* site may not mind, but FloSports *explicitly* says that you can't just copy its Content.  It's unlikely, but it may be that the moderator/owner of *this* site really wouldn't want such Content copied here in violation of the Terms of Service of FloSports.  It's pretty apparent that the moderator/owner of that triathlon forum doesn't want that to happen there.  Maybe that's because he is also a Content creator, and he understands the situation.  And wants users to "do the right thing."

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

Nice tone.  It's called "doing the right thing."  I'm sure that if you were a content creator whose livelihood relied in part on how many people came to your website, you'd have no problem at all with people copying it and pasting it elsewhere.  Amirite?

Oh, and by the way, FloSports has the following in its Terms of Service:

So *this* site may not mind, but FloSports *explicitly* says that you can't just copy its Content.  It's unlikely, but it may be that the moderator/owner of *this* site really wouldn't want such Content copied here in violation of the Terms of Service of FloSports.  It's pretty apparent that the moderator/owner of that triathlon forum doesn't want that to happen there.  Maybe that's because he is also a Content creator, and he understands the situation.  And wants users to "do the right thing."

So again... you and your Ivy League education are telling us we must adhere to rules of other forums?

Also, I have a horse to sell you.  You must buy it.  You don't have a choice. 

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

So again... you and your Ivy League education are telling us we must adhere to rules of other forums?

Also, I have a horse to sell you.  You must buy it.  You don't have a choice. 

***duck duck goose** off.  Do whatever the ***duck duck goose** you want.

20 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

@nhs67 probably doesn’t return shopping carts.  Leaves in space next to his car.  I picture him snapping his fingers and saying ‘I’’ll do what I want!’ as he sashays away.  LOL

If you would like I could post videographic proof that I do, in fact put shopping carts away and know how to park.

You nailed the last part, though.

5c74a9138fa8673d379dc21a34af23f6.jpeg

On 7/30/2023 at 1:06 AM, MPhillips said:

Copied from FLO. 

Sorry Kozak. Pretty certain none of these folks think I'm,' boots on the ground' reporting. I'll be sure to quote my source moving forward. Mea culpa...

Just change the font next time.  The results themselves can not be  copyright protected, just the way they are presented are copyright protected. 

• Fire 1

I mean... Kozak is the one Flo-gent I appreciate irrevocable, really.  I don't want him to feel slighted at all.  I just think it is preposterous that some Ivy League turdbiscuit thinks he can enforce some sort of 'by-law' from an entirely different FORUM on here.

This is courtyard, playground shit here, gents.  Why get so upset?  Especially knowing who had done the original post in Dr. MPhil... a guy who should get the benefit of the doubt here.

2 hours ago, Pinnacle said:

Just change the font next time.  The results themselves can not be  copyright protected, just the way they are presented are copyright protected. 

Cheers.

The spacing was different, but it's all good. Folks look for ways to be offended and I know that...

• Fire 1

18 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Cheers.

The spacing was different, but it's all good. Folks look for ways to be offended and I know that...

It's not a matter of being offended.  Why does anyone think I was offended?  It's not a matter of copyright infringement, either.  It is a matter of doing the right thing.  The point of their Terms of Service is to prevent the content, *that they worked to produce*, from being copied *to other sites* (apparently, nhs67 just doesn't understand that, and it really doesn't take an Ivy League degree to understand it).  How much of Flo's content is it okay to copy and post elsewhere?  All of it?  Most of it?  Some of it?

How would the owners of this forum respond if someone who had a Rokfin subscription started copying their for-pay content into this not-for-pay forum, so that everyone could see it without providing any compensation?

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, BigRedFan said:

It's not a matter of being offended.  Why does anyone think I was offended?  It's not a matter of copyright infringement, either.  It is a matter of doing the right thing.  The point of their Terms of Service is to prevent the content, *that they worked to produce*, from being copied *to other sites* (apparently, nhs67 just doesn't understand that, and it really doesn't take an Ivy League degree to understand it).  How much of Flo's content is it okay to copy and post elsewhere?  All of it?  Most of it?  Some of it?

How would the owners of this forum respond if someone who had a Rokfin subscription started copying their for-pay content into this not-for-pay forum, so that everyone could see it without providing any compensation?

Luckily the Venn diagram of founders of Rokfin and founders of FloSports are a single circle. We all love Kozak but Flo sucks and copy/pasting results is a nothing burger. Quit being a turd in the punchbowl or go file a copyright infringement on behalf of Flo.

i am an idiot on the internet

This is entirely different and your Ivy League educated brain knows that.

Why?  Because the owner of that and this would be the same.  Ergo their opinions and enforcement on the matter could go hand-in-hand.  It doesn't mean it would.  It could, though.

If you weren't offended then why in TF did you decide that another forum's rules should matter here?

You are allowed your opinion on the matter.  I am also allowed to tell you that you are wrong, which you were.

28 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Luckily the Venn diagram of founders of Rokfin and founders of FloSports are a single circle. We all love Kozak but Flo sucks and copy/pasting results is a nothing burger. Quit being a turd in the punchbowl or go file a copyright infringement on behalf of Flo.

What part of "It's not a matter of copyright infringement" was not clear enough for you?