Trump announces he is running for Prez again

mspart

26 minutes ago, mspart said:

IRS has nothing to do with it.   It is Congress that has everything to do with this.   Change the tax code.   The problem is both Rs and Ds have rich benefactors that would be screwed by this.   Ever wonder why the tax code is so incomprehensible?   Because of this.   A flat tax with some amount of exemption would actually be more fair.  What good is a graduated tax if this happens.   Essentially, Trump made diddly squat to be paying $750 in taxes.  

But is that $750 he owed over what had already been paid, or was that a total amount paid to the IRS?

mspart

About that...

https://trac.syr.edu/tracirs/latest/679/

16 hours ago, mspart said:

IRS has nothing to do with it.   It is Congress that has everything to do with this.   Change the tax code.   The problem is both Rs and Ds have rich benefactors that would be screwed by this.   Ever wonder why the tax code is so incomprehensible?   Because of this.   A flat tax with some amount of exemption would actually be more fair.  What good is a graduated tax if this happens.   Essentially, Trump made diddly squat to be paying $750 in taxes.  

But is that $750 he owed over what had already been paid, or was that a total amount paid to the IRS?

mspart

I'm not sure if this was for my benefit.  I would think from my post directly before yours, and others, you may have a clue that I realize the problem is the tax code, which is a product of a "play for pay" system we have in Washington.

My comment about trump's groupies assembling at the IRS only assumed they wouldn't know the difference, among many other things they don't know. 

19 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

About that...

2015 - Trump paid $735,172 in taxes. 

image.png.0c8b31b210451b67c26defba61c0bd89.png

2016 - Trump paid $614,299 in taxes. 

image.png.9be8be8e7688b2b3ab2c5eb7af500426.png

2017 - Trump paid $284,718

image.png.81a5465d562205e7b134278c55c6481a.png

2018 - Trump paid $2,068,822 

image.png.628147fea89d77dd74313f1c22ff46ad.png

2019 - Trump paid  $460,977

image.png.3441948384acfd47d13fdc8219e575c2.png

2020 - Trump paid $271,973

image.png.c3f7745f434a2fe3b98656023862e0d8.png

These tax returns I have posted are from https://apnews.com/article/trump-tax-returns-documents-index-978260721336

I don't see where he paid $750 in taxes from 2015-2020 which has been all the rage.   You folks who are concerned about this, or are spreading this, need to look now at your sources and ask yourself what they were telling you.   The IRS 1040 forms do not lie.  

mspart

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, mspart said:

These tax returns I have posted are from https://apnews.com/article/trump-tax-returns-documents-index-978260721336

I don't see where he paid $750 in taxes from 2015-2020 which has been all the rage.   You folks who are concerned about this, or are spreading this, need to look now at your sources and ask yourself what they were telling you.   The IRS 1040 forms do not lie.  

mspart

Lol!
I wouldn't believe trump, any of his family, any of his cronies, or anything he was within 50 miles of.
There's an old saying that seems especially appropriate here...  Back when trump and rudy g were palsies, one of them would lie and the other would swear to it.  I'm gonna extrapolate that a little lot...

Did you not see what his tax was?   Who cares what the refund is?   I could owe $10 in taxes but pay 1000000000 in estimated tax to cover my bases.   I should get a substantial refund.   You would argue the same with your taxes.   You don't pay more than you owe.  If you did, you get a refund.   Are you saying you want Trump to play by different rules than you play to?   He uses the same tax code you do and paid taxes in the hundreds of thousands of dollars each year. 

The Lying Left has stated he paid only 750 dollars in tax and no tax in these years.   That is a flat out lie as the returns show.   That is why I included screenshots of the tax returns so there would be no argument.  Maybe he didn't owe as much tax as you or others think, but he paid more than $750.  Again, your sources are suspect in their partisanship.   They are willing to nakedly lie to us to get us all inflamed, hoping we don't look into it.  I did that for you and showed their lies. 

He paid substantially more than $750 in each of the years 2015-2020.    Way more.    There is no truth to the $750 lie whatsoever and the included screenshots show that to be true.

mspart

• Haha 1

If you take fraudulent deductions to get a refund, is that still tax paid?

Come on.

In 2017, Trump's pre-credit tax liability was $7,435,857. All but $750 of this amount was negated by carried-over tax credits, of which he had $22.7 million at the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_returns_of_Donald_Trump#2020_New_York_Times_reporting

Edited by Mike Parrish

12 minutes ago, mspart said:

Where do you  see $750 paid as tax for any year?  Come on. 

mspart

Read the wiki article.

I think you're missing the term 'net tax'.

https://www.npr.org/2022/12/20/1144472882/a-house-panel-voted-to-publicly-release-a-report-on-trumps-tax-returns

In 2016 and 2017, he paid just $750 in net tax on his income. In 2020, he paid $0 in net tax on his income. He reported millions in losses across various areas of personal and business income during his time in the White House.

You can pay lots of taxes, offset those with credits and owe $0 net tax.

Edited by Mike Parrish

43 minutes ago, mspart said:

Where do you  see $750 paid as tax for any year?  Come on. 

mspart

You're really choosing to die on this semantical hill? You believe he should be given credit for paying hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars in taxes even though he got almost all of it back? And potentially using legally questionable means in order to do so?

42 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

Read the wiki article.

I think you're missing the term 'net tax'.

https://www.npr.org/2022/12/20/1144472882/a-house-panel-voted-to-publicly-release-a-report-on-trumps-tax-returns

You can pay lots of taxes, offset those with credits and owe $0 net tax.

Did you look at the forms?  I don't care what some wiki says, I care what the forms say.   The first two pages of 1040 form have all the final numbers for you, me, and Trump, and everyone else.   It gives total tax owed, total taxes paid, and any refund or additional tax payment needed.   It is not voodoo.   It is quite clear and I don't understand why you are trying to see something that is not there.   If your last statement is true, then that would all be on the first two pages of the tax return.   What I stated is the tax he paid those years.  The IRS received those monies.  Each of those years he overpaid so got a refund, but that is the final statement.   It is a lie that he paid only $750 as shown by these forms.  It is incredible that you still want to believe that lie after seeing the 1040 forms that constitute final status. 

mspart

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mspart said:

Did you look at the forms?  I don't care what some wiki says, I care what the forms say.   The first two pages of 1040 form have all the final numbers for you, me, and Trump, and everyone else.   It gives total tax owed, total taxes paid, and any refund or additional tax payment needed.   It is not voodoo.   It is quite clear and I don't understand why you are trying to see something that is not there.   If your last statement is true, then that would all be on the first two pages of the tax return.   What I stated is the tax he paid those years.  The IRS received those monies.  Each of those years he overpaid so got a refund, but that is the final statement.   It is a lie that he paid only $750 as shown by these forms.  It is incredible that you still want to believe that lie after seeing the 1040 forms that constitute final status. 

mspart

Net. Tax.

Look it up.

I brought the screenshots to you and your first reaction was - look how much his refunds were.   Now you are still arguing the point, but not answering why you still believe people that tell you he paid $750 when it is demonstrable that is not what he paid.   You have been lied to and duped.   I'm sorry but I'm looking at the facts and data, that's all.   It shows he paid hundreds of thousands in taxes each of those years.

mspart

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mspart said:

I brought the screenshots to you and your first reaction was - look how much his refunds were.   Now you are still arguing the point, but not answering why you still believe people that tell you he paid $750 when it is demonstrable that is not what he paid.   You have been lied to and duped.   I'm sorry but I'm looking at the facts and data, that's all.   It shows he paid hundreds of thousands in taxes each of those years.

mspart

The taxes that he owed were offset with tax credits and he was refunded those monies by the IRS.

Net tax paid was near zero, as has been widely reported.

The next question to be answered is, "Were those tax credits fraudulent?"

Please use those 1040 returns and show me how, as Forbes says, he paid no taxes in 2020.   You won't find the answer in the Forbes article.   In fact in the first paragragh, a link to the HOuse ways and means committee does not work.   This is found in the first of the KEY FACTS.   It's not a fact if it can't be seen.

image.thumb.png.2d087cb2e0b5a86cc3aa01435f692bcf.png

There are no facts or data in the Forbes article.  Only proclamations.  I've seen the 1040 forms, as you have now.   I trust the forms signed under penalty of prosecution rather than soft blather.

mspart

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2023 at 1:55 PM, mspart said:

What about this 2020 return do you not understand?

image.thumb.png.e82f634310674d9a6301cd76ed3552e0.png

mspart

mspart - maybe slow this train down.

You can't possibly think a wealthy person's tax return is as simple as a what you just posted.

You certainly know better than that.

Justifying what wealthy criminals do so they don't pay their fair share isn't helping anyone except the criminals.

• Fire 2

8 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

You can't possibly think a wealthy person's tax return is as simple as a what you just posted.

Justifying what wealthy criminals do so they don't pay their fair share isn't helping anyone except the criminals.

So again, what law did he break?  And you can't be mad at someone who follows the tax laws as written and thus, they don't have to pay as much tax as you hope they would.  Trump is a lot of things but the amount he paid or didn't pay in taxes doesn't make him a criminal.  Be mad at our politicians who made the laws and the IRS if you need to be mad at something.  Be mad and hate Trump for, well, to many reasons really, but being mad about his taxes is baseless.

1 hour ago, Bigbrog said:

Trump is a lot of things but the amount he paid or didn't pay in taxes doesn't make him a criminal. 

It quite possible could. That's what is being investigated. The Trump organization was already found guilty of criminal tax fraud. 

• Fire 4

10 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Hi GWN,

I can possibly think it is that simple.   That line on the Form 1040 is the final statement of tax liability.  After all the shenannigans in all the other pages of the tax return are hammered out, they are all added up and the total taxable income is calculated, and the total tax owed is calculated, and the total payments over the year are calculated and based on all that, if there was overpayment, a refund is requested, if not paid enough, they owe more to zero out their tax bill.   This page of the 1040 form is the final say.   If an extension is requested, then the person will have to pay what the bill is at the time of submittal in April and if there will be further refunds or more payments, that will be described in the extension filing.  This list of returns did not have an extension. 

It is how the system works.   Have you seen it work any other way?   If so, that would be interesting.   These are the tax returns that have been put out there by the Congressional committee.   Not one of them supports a $750 tax bill or $0 tax bill as reported by the NYT and parroted by everyone else.   I have not read the NYT article but I have looked at many of the other articles written on this subject.   Nowhere is there any evidence of $750 given.   The only evidence they give is that the NYT said it.   From the tax returns that were wrested from Trump, I see no validity to the claim.   You'll notice this is not even a talking point anymore.   Died down pretty quickly.   I think NYT would have a very difficult time supporting their reporting on this, not really an exception for them these days. 

If you have more information that would show that this my information is wrong, I would welcome it.   I just know what I put on my 1040 form as tax owed is the tax I owe.  Trump has played this game for a long time, has been audited for a long time, and there has never been a tax dispute that I am aware of.  We would all be aware if IRS took Trump to Tax  Court or showed that his accountants had calculated wrong.   I have never heard any reporting to that effect. 

mspart

Its funny how people want Trump to be guilty of something just because he is a dips@!# and they don't like his policies (which my guess is if some of the people on here actual knew what some of his policies actually were they may in fact like them).  I can attest to liking some of his policies but despise the man.