Trump is getting arrested again.

4 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

Compared to drilling, spills, oil extraction, transporting, refining, local gas station storage, evaporation, and, finally, burning it in cars?

You can't be this dumb.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein

I suspect if he were a young man today, he would come up with that quote a lot quicker.

• Fire 1

23 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

Compared to drilling, spills, oil extraction, transporting, refining, local gas station storage, evaporation, and, finally, burning it in cars?

You can't be this dumb.

No shit moron!  That wasn't the point...you and your ilk always try and twist things around and change the goal post when someone makes you look like an idiot...which is a lot.  Point is that electric cars aren't that much more environmentally friendly like people claim they are.  Fine if you few morons don't want to believe that...but in your own words...you can't be this dumb.

Now go back to mommy's basement and continue with your Trump obsession...

4 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

No shit moron!  That wasn't the point...you and your ilk always try and twist things around and change the goal post when someone makes you look like an idiot...which is a lot.  Point is that electric cars aren't that much more environmentally friendly like people claim they are.  Fine if you few morons don't want to believe that...but in your own words...you can't be this dumb.

You forgot to mention that it will still be necessary to drill and frac for gas or mine for coal or uranium to generate the electricity.  The whole CO2 frenzy is a fraud.  

You forgot to mention that it will still be necessary to drill and frac for gas or mine for coal or uranium to generate the electricity.  The whole CO2 frenzy is a fraud.  

Is it?

My roof generates just under 17,000 kWh a year. I pay less per month than my old electric bill, and the monthly payment won’t go up with rising gas/coal costs. And, I sell some back to the grid. Granted, it’s sold at like 1/5th the market value, but that’s fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

LOL

Touched a nerve there.

One of us is an experienced engineer who has worked in the automotive field and most recently for an electric vehicle company.

The other is you.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Is it?

My roof generates just under 17,000 kWh a year. I pay less per month than my old electric bill, and the monthly payment won’t go up with rising gas/coal costs. And, I sell some back to the grid. Granted, it’s sold at like 1/5th the market value, but that’s fine.

So your roof won’t run your house?

10 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Huh? Did you read what I wrote? I was pretty clear.

I said that I sell excess back to the grid.

The solar array generates about 130% of what we need/use.

You said your electric bill was less, as in you are still paying for electricity. 

You said your electric bill was less, as in you are still paying for electricity. 

No.

I said, “I pay less per month than my old electric bill.”

Meaning, my monthly payment on my solar array is less than my old electrical bill. And as it’s a fixed cost, it won’t go up with time, unlike electrical rates.

It will save me more and more money as the difference increases.

8 minutes ago, Le duke said:

No.

Meaning, my monthly payment on my solar array is less than my old electrical bill. And as it’s a fixed cost, it won’t go up with time, unlike electrical rates.

I fear this is getting a little too complicated for "some" of us on here.  Please don't start putting any more numbers to it.  It'll only get worse.

I stole the other team's signals.  Their next play is:  "Did you factor in the depreciation of your house because someone some day will have to pay to dispose of all those terrible toxic materials on your roof?"  What are they anyway?  Uranium, Unobtanium, trumpium, Kryptonite?

20 minutes ago, Le duke said:

No.

It will save me more and more money as the difference increases.

Wonderful. 

I live in the Seattle area, even today, we have no sun to generate electricity.   However, we bought a new house on Oahu when we moved there years ago and I put up a solar water heater on the roof.   It worked great but had to be careful in the shower as the water was 140F.   If I lived where it is sunny, I might consider doing solar.   But solar also has it's environmental costs so it is not actually free energy.   But Eastern WA, Eastern OR, Nevada, Idaho and parts towards the Mississippi, all could do solar and be good.  Except where it snows.   You'd have to be on the roof sweeping the arrays or have "windshield wipers" for them!!

mspart

22 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

LOL

Touched a nerve there.

One of us is an experienced engineer who has worked in the automotive field and most recently for an electric vehicle company.

The other is you.

LOL  You really do have an overinflated sense of self don't you??  Anyone that tries to say how smart they are, and how they know more than anyone else is...well...probably really dumb.  Next are you going to tell me how much money you have?  

Funny part is, even IF you are in the automotive field, you still at no point addressed what I said.  You somehow turned it around into how bad gas vehicles are for the environment...again, no schnit.  That is one topic.  The other topic is, electric cars aren't the greatest for the environment either.  Now show me that great big brain of yours Mikey and discuss how that is or isn't true.